September Stars

I've gone from being 13st 6lb down to 13st because i idn't eat with feeling sick all the time and now I'm 14stone, i've really got my appetite back now though so I'm piling it on :rofl:

Glad bubba is still the right way!! xx

I've gone from around 10st to around 13st (not sure of exact figures). I was never sick or anything at the start though, I was just super hungry from day 1! And I've obviously made the most of it :haha:

hurray ladies! im officially off work now until next june!!!! :happydance: so glad to be out of there, work was getting unbearable and can you believe all i got was one card from my good friend? after all the collections ive put to over the 8 years ive worked there. :growlmad: really hope i find somewhere else when im due to go back. Am i the first to start maternity leave? x

Yay for finishing Jen!! I finish tomorrow! Can't believe they didn't do a collection for you though :(

Hey ladies.

Had a bit of a traumatic morning....

Woke up early. Went to loo at 5:15am, washed hands, felt trickle down leg.....blood on floor!! Started urging due to the stress i think. No pain. DH took me into hospital where Lovely midwife immediately listened in to heartbeat, all ok. I was hooked up to ctg to monitor Pud. Also had a clicker to count movements. Got examined by doc internally....cervix closed, no bleed site, everything looking ok. Not really sure what caused bleed, poss infection on cervix? Main thing is its not placental abruption or early labour, so i could go home. Mw drew some blood to test for antibodies &i have to go back at 3:30 today for another anti d shot, as lab not open that early in the morning. Midwife who looked after me was lovely.

I've sent dh to the test match cricket. He offered to stay but no point as I'm ok. My son has gone to child minders as usual, to give me the day off. Resting up now and hoping no more blood.

Bit scary but I'm ok.

Hope everything is ok Poshie :hugs:

I have 14 days in the office after today. I'm not sat at my desk anymore though as it was too uncomfortable. I'm sat on a chair not too dissimilar to this: https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S39805432/#/S39898657 with a laptop on my lap! Probably wouldn't work for everyone as I'm quite low down, but I'm finding it amazing! :happydance:

I've been off since June 18th, but I'm a nanny for a teacher, so a bit different... congrats on your maternity leave, Jen and Smile!

How's everyones' nurseries coming along? We got our room painted, the crib put together, and the new rocking chair is in. It's starting to come together, but I haven't done any of the decorating yet.

Poshie, I posted after letting this sit for awhile and just now saw your post above. How scary!! I'm so glad that you and baby are ok - I hope that you both continue to be ok. ((hugs))

hurray ladies! im officially off work now until next june!!!! :happydance: so glad to be out of there, work was getting unbearable and can you believe all i got was one card from my good friend? after all the collections ive put to over the 8 years ive worked there. :growlmad: really hope i find somewhere else when im due to go back. Am i the first to start maternity leave? x

Maybe they will do something once baby is born? That's what we do at my work xx

Ooh Poshie, that sounds very scary. Hope you are ok and get the chance to rest up properly.

I've got another 3 weeks at work! Completely sick of it now!

It's my last day! Yay!

Hope you're ok Poshie, that must have been scary!! :hugs:

Since about 6 weeks i have gained 3stone lol but not too bothered about it as was only 7 and half stone when i got pregnant so weight not bothering me, as for maternity leave i went on mat leave on 6th june so been off for a but and mega bored. can't wait till wee man starts school. don't want to wish little miss here incase she's born early.

Hey ladies.

Had a bit of a traumatic morning....

Woke up early. Went to loo at 5:15am, washed hands, felt trickle down leg.....blood on floor!! Started urging due to the stress i think. No pain. DH took me into hospital where Lovely midwife immediately listened in to heartbeat, all ok. I was hooked up to ctg to monitor Pud. Also had a clicker to count movements. Got examined by doc internally....cervix closed, no bleed site, everything looking ok. Not really sure what caused bleed, poss infection on cervix? Main thing is its not placental abruption or early labour, so i could go home. Mw drew some blood to test for antibodies &i have to go back at 3:30 today for another anti d shot, as lab not open that early in the morning. Midwife who looked after me was lovely.

I've sent dh to the test match cricket. He offered to stay but no point as I'm ok. My son has gone to child minders as usual, to give me the day off. Resting up now and hoping no more blood.

Bit scary but I'm ok.

awww huge hugs poshie, i have been having bleeding on and off since 8th now been getting anti-d every time i had a bleed so almost up to my 4th shot in about 2 weeks lol. sorry this happened to you though how scarey that must have been for you. hope you get some rest and drink lots of water x

Hey all, just wanted to pop in and say hi. It's a big day today - I'm on the next to last fruit on my ticker!!! It seemed like I'd be a squash forever. :winkwink:

Today is also the day of my baby shower. My best friend is throwing a "garden tea" themed party this afternoon. I'm very excited about seeing everyone! Plus, I've never been to a garden tea - it sounds fancy, lol.

How's everyone doing today? Poshie, how are you?

Thanks ladies. I'm ok. No more bleeding thank goodness. Never had any sort of bleeding before in pregnancy, so it was pretty scary. Took thurs/fri off work to relax. Back to usual pregnancy related aches and pains now, considering finishing work a week earlier so in 2 rather than 3weeks, but we'll see.

Happy honeydew day Shadow - We are on the home straight. Enjoy your baby shower , hope you get some useful stuff. Oh and enjoy the garden tea, it sounds lovely ;)

Garden tea sounds lovely! Have a great time.

Glad you're feeling better Poshie.

How is everyone? Are those of you now off enjoying your maternity leave so far?

I think I must have grown this week - my "waddle" is getting very pronounced and my energy has gone WAY down. I'm having trouble finding a comfortable position to sit, stand, or lie down in! Regardless, I'm still plugging away at the nursery - I got some fabulous baby gifts at the shower. Everyone was really generous. :blush: Now I'm washing everything and getting it all put away - it is really starting to be REAL now!

Hello Shadow :) I'm with you all the way! Uncomfortable, tick, waddle, tick, exhausted, tick ;) Definitely feeling more real these days, when I think about bringing a new born home......

I'm yet to agree it officially with my director, but I now intending to stop work a week on Friday (was originally 2 weeks on Friday) because I need a rest. What with last week's trauma and all, I realise I need to slow down. The weather here is gorgeous now but hot means harder work of course when you are heavily pregnant ;)

Glad you enjoyed your shower Shadow :D

Who is having baby in a moses basket in their room? We will to start with, but if this baby is anything like my son, then he'll be moved to his own room after a couple of weeks, on account of being so noisy and keeping mummy awake ;)

Yay for being off after Friday, Poshie! I hope you enjoy your well deserved rest. Will you have your son at home, or will you take him to the sitter so that you can actually rest? :winkwink:

We're not doing a moses basket, but we got one of these for our room:

https://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=900002&e=storeproduct&pid=51903&section=babygear

I like it because it's lightweight and folds up for easy carrying up and down the stairs, but it also rocks. We're like you, though - if he's too noisy at night then we won't have him in with us longer than a month or so, haha.

i have been off on maternity leave since 6th june i am mega bored lol. only 3 weeks and wee man starts school as for me i am uncomfortable and still getting bleeding and pains. so no idea whats going on got my antenatal appointment on thursday at the hospital so see whats what then but don't hold much hope in the hospital if i am gtelling the truth.

Ah that looks good! They are noisy creatures, babies, aren't they ;) I know some parents keep them in their room for 6 months, but I would never sleep! We'll have a monitor of course and I will get up to breastfeed as and when needed.

I need to have a chat with DH about childcare whilst I'm off. At the moment, my wages pay for childcare so we will have to cut down when I stop work. As I am using annual leave for the first part of my time off (12 days) I will be paid my normal wage at the end of August. So I am hoping that I can do 2 days a week childcare for my son during this time. Once Sept and baby comes, this will have to go down to 1 day I think.

Hi Lynne - just seen your post........have you had an ultrasound scan for your bleeding? An internal? I had an internal but no u/s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->