September Stars

Hey Poshie, glad you could get your may leave sooner - sounds like you need to take it easy.

I'm planning on having Sugarlump in a crib by my side of the bed for up to 6 months. I guess cos I'm breast feeding, and I'm a first timer and that's what the government advice is, that's what I'm planning. But it could change depending on what kind of baby she turns out to be. Or what kind of mother I turn out to be!

Went to my 34 week appointment today only to be told the MW was out at a birth. This is the 3rd time it's happened. Quite annoying as juggling work and appointments is a pain and also it's a lot of walking! (There isn't really any good public transport between my house, the hospital and my work.)

It goes with the territory of home birth... But now I am getting anxious they will be at a birth when I am about to give birth! I guess they'd send someone else but it wouldn't be the same.

Hey ladies,

Poshie wow i hope everythings ok now - that sounds so scary. i had a bit of blood a while back and it freaked me out but was nothing. i was shaking like a leaf though!

glad you are all enjoying maternity leave! take it easy ladies - take it an extra bit easier on my behalf as i have to work right up to the birth but its ok because im happy i even got work this year (was already preggers when i got hired) and im doing it for LO to make sure we have some savings. every day is like a marathon though, my students have no idea how exhausting it is to come in and teach them so they give me a really hard time.

oh wow anyone else getting sharp sharp pains up your foof sometimes when you walk? its like im being stabbed up there and my waddle is becoming more and more dramatic (sometimes its a shuffle!!). DH thinks its hilarious when we are out and im saying the Thai equivalent of "my foof hurts", until i told him to imagine being stabbed up his member every step he takes and if he thinks its funny now...

not long now! have you all chosen names? take care everyone!!

i have those same feelings too hun :D

yes our little miss is named :D even has a well used nickname :D

Hey ladies,

How is everyone (UK based) anyway finding the weather? I'm coping with it better than I thought I would, although I've gotten really sunburnt even though I've hardly spent anytime in the sun!

I had my midwife appointment yesterday and the baby has turned! I think he/she did it yesterday morning because I was really uncomfortable, I had a huge amount of pressure right under my ribs and couldn't breathe, felt some big movements and then I could breathe again! Baby got hiccups right by my hip yesterday afternoon for the first time too, before all the hiccups I've felt have been under my ribs! I think the baby is enjoying this new position though. I was getting loads of kicking and moving about yesterday afternoon, more than I've had for weeks since it got wedged breech. But it has decided that I shouldn't be sleeping on my left side anymore, because everytime I turned over onto my left side during the night the baby started going mental kicking and punching me!

We had decided on a girls name, but now we're not sure. We have never narrowed down the boys name beyond a shortlist! We had loads of name discussions when I was first pregnant, but now it's getting to the critical point we don't have any name discussions at all!

TT, that must be really frustrating. Have you met any of the other midwives?

Ying, yep, I get that sometimes too, I've been wondering why.

Lynne, what do you mean when you say you "don't hold out much hope"? Is everything ok? Are you expecting to go early again this time?

Poshie, I remember having a two year old at home and being pregnant, and I would have LOVED to have one or two days per week to just rest! Though mine are now 9 and 11 and I still find myself feeling that way, between the two of them and their social lives and their activities, lol.

No names chosen here yet. We do have a short list of ones that we like, but we probably won't decide for sure until after he's born.

unsure when baby is going to home, i am further now than i was when my waters broke with james which is a great thing but feel the hospital is pretty much useless.

Hey Shadowcat, yes, but we're allocated one MW for home birth so we have a good relationship with them. As it happens I'll probably see the other one tomorrow as I got a text today from mine at 1.30 asking if I could be at the hospital for 3pm! I had a client meeting so I couldn't drop everything. The other one is on shift tomorrow and will call similarly short notice but I've decided I will just drop everything for that!

I must say I do admire all the mummies who already have kids. It must be difficult looking after more than one.

Names-wise I think we discussed it for about 10 minutes when I was 12 weeks and we liked the same names, so that's good!

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine (altho it's a bit too hot to be doing much.)

awww we picked our baby's name out 5 years ago when we started TTC as they are family names lol

Morning all :)

Hope you get to see your midwife TT!

We are creating a short list of names, hopefully 3 to take to the hospital and we will deicded when she is born. This is what we did with our son.

Shadow, yes, I must admit I am looking forward to a rest day. As much as I love my little boy, I will definitely appreciate a day off.

Lynne - my son will be going to childminders (he currently goes 3.5 days/week) for 1.5 days a week for the first 4 weeks of my time off and then 1 day a week til I go back to work. Then he'll be at pre school. I think it will be good for both of us - he keeps in touch with his friends and I get some time with baby.

With regard to bringing my ml forward, I am discussing this with my director this afternoon (and my colleague). It's going to cause all sorts of problems, but it would have done no matter when I took it tbh! Nothing gets organised here til the last minute so there are question marks as to who exactly will be doing some of my work.

I did get my MW appointment - she camè to my house today!

I took a sickie this morning. I'd been awake a lot of the night, a combination of wriggly baby, noisy cat, heartburn and vomiting... In the morning I just decided to stay home and do nothing. The MW phoned and said I could meet her at the clinic or at home, so she came to mine.

Everything is fine. Baby's head was right down, which explains why it's been kind of uncomfortable walking the last couple of days.

The MW also did a risk assessment of the house. This was basically what phone reception, parking, street lighting is like. And also things like I have a cat, so midwives who are allergic will know to take piriton before they come to the house! Also getting a pool would be a health & safety issue because we're in a top floor tenement. I didn't really mind as I'd decided I wanted to give birth on dry land anyway. I might labour in the bath a bit though.

So there you go. In 2 weeks I'll get a delivery of the home birth pack which has gas&air and oxygen and various other drugs and injections in it. Then I'll just be waiting to give birth! It's all coming very close!

I know what you might be feeling about getting cover Poshie. We interviewed someone a second time yesterday who we're offering the job to... Hopefully we will get a couple of days with her before I go on leave to do a handover!

I 've missed so much:dohh:, was in hospital again last week.Signed myself out again:blush:.
Hope everyones ok (as can be):haha:
Had a growth scan baby is meausuring 4lb 5 putting her still on her 10th percentile line:happydance:.
I'm hating having to take the kids up the hospital with me dreading every time i have to go now, 38 weeks is now the target for inducement.
Though as flow from baby was absent again last week,well who knows when i will have baby:shrug:.

i am just back from hospital went to my antenatal appointment and end up in mat assessment as was having pains when they touched my stomach lol so the traced me, and then i leaked fluid so the checked my cervix still closed so they seemed happy enough said i could go home but to go back if things get worse lol plus side little miss was happy :D

Oh goodness Lynne! Glad everything okay. Hope she holds out for a while yet.

Good to hear from you vixxen and that your bubs is also hanging on in there!

It feels like time is drawing near for all of us in one way or another and we'll be holding our newborns before we know it!

I have just one more week at work and I am sooo ready :D

thanks hun luckily enough she seems comfortable unlike her brother so as long as my body doesn't become a ass then i see her staying put for a good bit x

Lynne and Vixxen, glad everything is ok and continuing for you both. Hopefully you ladies keep them cooking for as long as possible.

TT, how exciting! I'm glad you finally got to see the midwife.

My friend pointed out to me yesterday that in just three weeks I'll be full term. Where did the time go? It seems like just yesterday I was complaining about MS and my regular jeans not fitting. :winkwink:

I have another scan scheduled for this coming Tuesday. I'm excited to see baby again and find out what his position is. He was Frank Breech last time, with his legs up around his head. I'm really hoping that he's head down now, but it really feels to me as if he may be transverse - I can feel kicks and punches on both sides simultaneously. Turn, baby, turn!

we're good thanks been to baby sale and got more baby stuff i am drowning in baby clothes and such.

Hi Shadowcat, yes, I know. 2nd tri was very very loooooong but time seems to have sped up!

I know 2nd and subsequent babies don't go head down as early as first babies so it's not something to worry about till 36 weeks or so... But have you seen the spinning babies website? https://spinningbabies.com/ Lots of folk have recommended it for things you can do to encourage LO into the right place.

i think before 36 weeks they usually don't worry about brech anyways? little miss is really far head down and has been for last 3 weeks but then my son was for about 20weeks so not too worried lol

you all have a nice weekend?

Hi Ladies! Hope everyone is having a good week.

We had a great Dr.'s visit today - LO is FINALLY head down and is still growing perfectly. We even got our first decent set of profile/face pictures! :happydance: She says it isn't likely at this stage that he'll flip over again. His weight estimate today is 5 lbs, 8 oz!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->