September Stars

I'm jealous he's so engaged! I'm hoping Max has finally engaged some at my appointment on Wednesday. He was still 'free' last week though! Glad the bleed was nothing severe! But boo to the sex ban!

Chloe please don't be jealous, its really painful when he moves his head I get shooting pains in my floo and have to stop what I'm doing to take a sharp breath haha. I'm sure he will engage soon hun xxxx

See I get the shooting pains too but mw still says his head is free lol these babies eh!!

Charlottee, sorry you had to go through that! Glad LO is ok though.

I think mine is starting to engage, but won't know for sure until my appt. on Tuesday. My bump has dropped a ton though, and it's definitely harder to walk now and I feel a LOT more pressure down below.

Ladies, I thought yesterday was going to be it for me! DH and I went to our "last" dinner together without the kids - we decided on Indian food. We ate ridiculously spicy Tandoori chicken and even more ridiculously spicy lamb, then went for a mile and a half walk. By the time we got home I was having BH like crazy. However, they never progressed to anything. I'm kind of relieved, I'd really like to make it through this week at least. :thumbup:

weirdly i get shotting pains too down there i thought it was something to worry about but mw just said was presure of babies head.

Yeah don't worry baby won't just fall out whilst your walking

always a shame a sneeze and its done be a god send :D
:haha:

Hahaha! That'd be fantastic!

I wish that's what they'd taught us at yoga...

How's everyone doing today? I am enjoying maternity leave so far. It is weird to think I will not be back at work till May. Yesterday I got a delivery from work, a box of champagne and chocolates! I think they want to make sure I come back!

I also got another delivery yesterday - the home birth kit. It's 4 very large bags which are all sealed up. Apparently there is gas and air, oxygen, other drugs and instruments and stuff in there. So I am all set if I go into labour. I'd prefer not to have the baby till after next week as I have a few things lined up this week, plus they are happier to do a home delivery if the baby is past the 38 week mark. But I haven't really had any signs that she is on her way imminently anyway.

I've decided to give myself a mission every day so that I don't get bored. Yesterday I met my bump buddy for lunch. She thinks she is much closer to birth than me! Today I am going to the hospital to collect my diamorphine. Tomorrow and Thursday I am meeting my work replacement to give her a proper handover. Then Friday... I am not sure.

What's everyone doing to pass the time?

Today I'm waiting in for a delivery from 12 so going to nip to Asda to get some bits and start washing the boys clothes ready to go in his wardrobe and drawers tomorrow :) might also put his bedding in the cot but not wash it yet xx

Hey ladies. Fully baked, 37 weeks!

Sounds like everyone is biding their time, anticipating our little ones arrival!

I am personally, shattered! Hard work now and I can only manage short gentle bursts of activity. I'm currently chilling in the garden, waiting for my sister to arrive. She's coming for the day to help me get some bits ready for baby, see whats what. My son is at cm, so it will be just the two of us ;) Went to peppa pig world on Sunday which my son loved! Was supposed to go half a day but need up doing a whole day and probably shouldn't have done.

Anyon watching The Midwives on bbc2, tues nights?

Has anyone heard from Lynne? I saw a thread saying that she was having contractions - just wondered if she's ok.

I had my Dr.'s appt today and I'm 1cm dilated! :wacko: She could also tell by checking my cervix that baby is head down, so I assume he's engaging as well. I know that it could still be awhile though. Has anyone else been checked for dilation or effacement?

hey all sorry not been around was in hospital last night on L&D ward, got home now but in slow labour so we'll see how things go they think it could be a long while i am only 34+5 now so hoping she holds on a bit longer. madness praying for a long labour lol...

my son starts school today and i am soo worried i will end up in tears being homornal pregnant women lol but hopefully got everything sorted, sewn his name into everything :D

Morning!

I'm going to watch the midwives on catch up this morning Poshie - it's a strange programme, I guess because I'm used to OBEM the format is different. What do you think?

Shadowcat, good news that your lo continues to be head down! We don't get internals here until we are in labour (and then only if we consent to them) so I don't know about dilation... I'm feeling a bunch of stretching pains down there though. I think thè baby's head has engaged. My heartburn has disappeared!

Lynne & I are in a Glasgow group too. We're having 2 conversations at once! :)

lucky ou TT for heartburn gonig away lucky thing mine kept me up half the night lol :p

Lynne, hopefully you're not in pain (or not too much anyway) and will hold on as long as possible! How was the first day of school?

Poshie, from what I've seen on BnB, that sounds like an interesting show. I wish we had TV. I'm ordering it for next month though, so I'll have it once LO arrives. I probably won't be interested in a birthing show by then, though, haha.

TT, really, no internals until labor? In the US they start checking at 36 weeks - also the same point at which I start going in every week. She'll do an exam now every time.

I'm continuing to have BH and a lot of pressure - hoping that things are gearing up - but not too fast, I still have a couple of things I want to get done. :thumbup: Hoping to take care of a lot of my to-do list today.

There are a lot of ladies who used to post here that aren't anymore - you all doing ok? I check in to the Sept. babies thread now and again and see some of you. Hope all is well!

first day went well for him he did soo good proud of him i am a little moody though but long story and i am blaming OH lol.... i am alright coping with pain as long as i don't over do it too much, trying to rest as much as possible.

I'm still going lol should get my inducement date soon:happydance:
Hope things have calmed down for you Lynne and hope all you other ladies arn't having to hard of a time with these last few weeks dragging by.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->