September Stars

So exciting that our babies are arriving! Congratulations to Vixxen, Lynne, and TT!!!!

Lynne, your pics are great - what a beautiful family you have.

Cookies, yes, I'm scheduled for Friday. I wonder who's next? Poshie, I'm looking at you. :winkwink:

So I had my last ultrasound today - baby is at a very reasonable weight of 7lbs 6oz, so not huge at all! Hopefully the estimate is somewhat accurate.

I'm scheduled to go in at 5:30am on Friday. Not sure what time that is for you UK ladies. I'm getting nervous now! The Dr. did an exam today and it HURT like HELL. I suspect that she may have done a sweep but she didn't say anything about it. I've had several other exams over the last few weeks and none of them have hurt like that!

I'm guessing that's probably late morning here SC. Sounds like a good weight, hope if it was a sweep it gets things moving for you. Did you manage to move your meet the teacher thing that was scheduled for the same day?

Well I might need to revise my overdue estimate! Spent 2 hours in maternity assessment this evening for reduced movement. They kept me in trace for ages and it transpires that I'm getting tightenings every 3 minutes! They aren't painful and before they hooked me up I hadn't noticed them. Since I've been home I have noticed when I'm getting them, although I'm not timing them. Just as well I managed to sort the car seat issue out today, although now I just gave to hope I don't go into full blown labour overnight so I'm here to receive it!

Cookies, my goodness - so then next it could be you! Keep us posted.

So, ladies - I really need to vent. This is the best place I could think of to do it, so if you don't care to read, please feel free to skip over this post entirely! :thumbup:

Our families are going to drive me UP. THE. WALL. My MIL is coming on Thursday and spending the night in order to take care of my older kids while we're having the baby. It's wonderful of her to do so and I'm grateful for it, but...she wants to stay for SEVEN days. She'll be parked on a blow up bed in my livingroom for up to five days after we come home with our new baby. I don't want or need a houseguest for that long, it's going to drive me crazy. THEN, on top of that, DH mentioned that FIL may want to come for a couple of days too!

Then...my Father. He has a long history of drinking and more, and has never been altogether "there". I was talking to him one day and mentioned in a joking manner that the first thing that I wanted after I had the baby was a beer (I've been craving it all along) - now he's got it into his head that not only is he coming to the hospital (which he has not been invited to do nor is he welcome) but he's bringing a six pack of beer with him! Can you imagine? I would be totally mortified!! I told him today that I did NOT want him to do that, that he was welcome to bring me some after we got home... and he said "oh no, it's ok, I'm not afraid to do it" - like he thinks I was joking. Because sure, I really want him to embarrass me that way. :dohh:

And THEN...my Mother! My parents are not together, they have been divorced for a long, long time. Well, my mother has a boyfriend that HER mother doesn't approve of. She hasn't been seeing him long, and I'm not really comfortable with him being around for the birth either. I'm afraid she'll bring him to the hospital and then my grandparents will be fighting with them.

Is anyone familiar with the Jerry Springer show? That's the way my life seems right now! What I'd honestly like is for everyone to stop thinking of themselves and start thinking about/listening to DH and myself and what we want during the birth of OUR child.

In the midst of all of this, I found out today that my youngest got assigned a teacher that we do NOT approve of. My older one has already had her and it was a nightmare. So we don't need to meet her, per se, but now I have to decide between now and Thursday whether or not I want to go through the trouble of trying to arrange a meeting with the principal and have him switched...potentially causing problems one way or another.

UGH!!!!!!! I've seen a lot of posts where people say that they want to be totally alone in the hospital and would rather for people to not visit until a week or so after baby is born, and I've always thought that sounded really lonely. Now, however, I'm thinking that they have the right idea!

Ok, end of vent. If you actually read this and made it through, I apologize for all of the complaining. I just had to get it off my chest.

Off to take deep breaths....

Big hugs SC. Families can cause so many problems! I don't really have any advice except to say that I doubt there are any families that don't have their Jerry Springer moments. My sister had a hell of a time balancing our divorced parents with her firstborn and then when the second came along she put her foot down and called all the shots and, strangely, everyone behaved much better!

And the teacher thing is a tricky one. You're probably best to try and get him moved if its going to ruin his year - but if theres a possibility he'll cope better with her as a teacher then maybe it's not worth rocking the boat?

And Cookies, how exciting. Good luck and keep us posted!

I'm wide awake at 5.30 as we are now home from hospital and the little one has decided to use tonight as the night to teach us how to cope with a baby who won't stop screaming. She's now asleep on my shoulder and I'm terrified to move in case she starts again. However, I really need a pee and a glass of water so I'm going to have to...

thank you shadow cat, sorry not been around little miss keeping me busy and off the internet lol not that i am worried at all because hell i'd rather be snuggled up with her :D lol

no offence, she;s grown already 5 days old :O

wow wow wow! congratulations to all you new mommys! how exciting! ive only not checked in for a few days and 3 babies are here already! feeling quite emotional how fast these 9 months have gone! seems like 5 minutes ago we were comparing morning sickness and praying to get to that 12 week mark! since my last post ive become an auntie! my sil had her little girl fri 24th, 7 WEEKS EARLY! so super excited for my baby now and cant wait to her from everyone else over the next couple of weeks!

sorry for being so MIA ladies, i got really exhausted the last few weeks and was still working up until Monday, went into labor on tuesday morning and little one was born at 2.36pm by c-section (because fluids were low and he wouldnt come down). 3.69 kilos (8lbs 2 oz) weve named him Louis Noah. How is everyone doing - how many have already given birth?

Congrats, Ying! How great! :happydance: I think that makes four of us now, doesn't it?

Mine will be here tomorrow if all goes well. I'm SO excited and nervous.

https://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r531/ying_423/15-1.jpg
https://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r531/ying_423/14.jpg

Here he is!

Best of luck for tmorrow shadowcat!!!

Congrats Ying! :)

In case I'm not on later, good luck for tomorrow SC. Sorry to hear about the family drama. It's so rubbish when people can't think of anyone but themselves and refuse to listen to what you want! Myself and my OH have this problem with my MIL. She's demanded to know when I go into labour, and then expects my OH to text her hourly updates. I don't mind my OH giving her a call or text when I'm admitted to hospital (he has to go to the other side of the hospital to park the car, so will be able to do this on his walk back from the car, but neither of us have mobile phone reception once in the hospital building and we've told her this, but she still expects him to leave me in the middle of labour just because she wants to know what is going on! She's also convinced that because my OH only took 2 hours to arrive (2nd labour) and arrived on his due date, that I will be the same, and isn't listening to anything outside this. Ok that wasn't supposed to turn into a MIL rant, sorry SC.

As regards to the teacher thing, if you are uncomfortable with it, I would suggest changing, because chances are you will continue to feel like this for the entire year. I don't want to keep turning this into talking about myself, but this might be useful. I had a rubbish teacher when I was in junior school, and it may well have altered my life path. I used to be really good at maths before her, and to try and disguise to the world outside of the classroom that she was coping with the class she skipped a couple of us ahead chapters of maths work. This decision of hers means I am missing basic maths knowledge in key areas, which showed in high school when I couldn't grasp the more advanced concepts at all. All through high school then I was moved through different maths classes because the school couldn't decide which one I should be in. (I started in the top class, was then moved to the third, then the second, then back to top, then finally back to the second.) Each class worked through different textbooks and the content was taught in different orders, so I ended up with even more holes in my knowledge. The reason the school kept moving me around classes is because the areas which weren't taught during that year my test scores averaged about 95%. Test scores which tested areas of maths that needed this missing basic knowledge 30-40%. I scraped a passing grade when I left school but I felt for a long time that this teacher robbed of a chance to take a subject I should have been good at further in education. My parents did intervene when my younger sister was due to have this teacher 3 years later, she didn't get her, and got an A grade in maths! She eventually took 'early retirement', just after a particularly bad school inspection.

Sorry everyone that wasn't supposed to turn into an essay! As for me now, I've lost a teeny tiny bit of my plug, still getting a lot of tightenings, when I'm sat in a position where I can feel them they are still every 3 minutes. Had some period type pain yesterday, but pain free today. My husband is an IT network manager in a school, he has loads of projects to finish this week, so is praying the baby stays put until the weekend, but would quite like to miss the start of the new term on Monday, so I think he will be spending the weekend trying to bribe the baby to come out!

Congratulations to all who have had their beautiful babies and good luck tomorrow SC!! How exciting!!

I decided not to go back to work (school starts today) for the two weeks before my due date, because there were cases of whooping cough and I was concerned about getting sick. I'm bored out of my mind though....I hope this baby doesn't stay in too too long!!

How is everyone else doing?

Hi everyone. Being a new mum is amazing and hard! I am so besotted with mu little girl. She is an absolute treasure, and I find myself just marvelling at how lovely she is!

It's quite hard too. I'm so tired I can't finish sentences or think straight. We really aren't getting the hang of nights very well.

Just wanted to say good luck tomorrow Shadowcat. Don't be scared of induction. It's what you make of it!

Also congratulations Ying!

Can't stop just now but my little Lois arrived via emergency c-section on 28 Aug. will do proper update soon. Congrats all x

Wow lots of babies suddenly!

Congrats to you all!
Still waiting on mine, i suspect he/she won't be early after all lol.

woah crazy coincidence! poshie our little boy was born by c section on the 28th and we called him Louis! congrats!!

Congratulations Poshie!

So exciting, all these new babies. Hope Shadowcat is doing ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->