September Stars

awww lots of babies, congratulations to all the September babies now being August mummies :D

Hi Ladies!

My little man is here! He was born today at 3pm, weighing 7lbs 3oz. He is SO tiny and perfect, and the labor was super fast and pretty easy. We're still working on the breastfeeding - he's a sleepy little guy, lol. No name as of yet - DH and I are having trouble deciding. I'll update tomorrow!

Congrats to you, Poshie!!! And all of the other September/turned out to be August Mommies!

Congrats Shadowcat. :hugs:
What date was it when you had him? 31st or 1st???

Congrats guys!! I'm still pregnant so definitely having a sept baby :haha:

congratulations poshie and shadowcat! how exciting! cant wait to see photos! :baby:
im still very much pregnant also!

Hi everyone. How are you all doing? Jen, Smile, Cookies - how are you all, any babies yet?

We're doing pretty well. We decided on Christopher for LO's name. :cloud9:
He was born on August 31st - the induction worked amazingly well and the whole labor from start to finish was 8 hours long. He's sleeping really well, but not eating very much - still struggling with the breastfeeding. I'm hoping to get it worked out today.

Can't wait to hear updates from the remaining September mommies!

Love the name SC! it's what my parents would have called me if I had been a boy.

I'm still pregnant, although I'm not sure for how much longer!

Had another spell in assessment at the hospital this evening for lack of movement. Had to wait two and half hours to be seen and during the wait my tightenings started to become a little uncomfortable. Once they hooked me up the machine was detecting some reasonable contractions, I had about 6 during the 45 minute monitoring session, so the midwife did an internal, cervix is low and forward, fully effaced and about 2cm dilated. Since I've been home I've had a bit of a bloody show too. Just gotta see what happens now. If nothing happens overnight I have to go back to hospital in the morning for a scan since it's 2nd time I've had reduced movement.

Wow, SC, that is a quick induced labour. They kept telling me mine was at 12 hours!

Cookies, that sounds very promising, you could go soon. Hope all is well with your LO and they ate just running out of room in there!

well, ive got exactly a week to go! dont feel its going to be anytime soon though, :nope: no symptoms what so ever- havent even had a single braxton hicks yet! got mw appointment this afternoon so will see what the plan is if i do go over.
any news yet cookies? sounds like you are next! hope all our new mommys and babys are doing well.x x x

I'm still pregnant! I had increasingly strong contractions until about 2.30 yesterday morning when they just stopped! Since then I've had the odd one, some painful some not. Saw my midwife yesterday afternoon, who said she doesn't think she will see me next week for a sweep, but will instead be visiting me and baby at home before then! I hope so, although i'm extremely lucky because I'm not uncomfortable or anything and still sleeping well (when not contracting), I can't make any plans to do anything just in case something happens!

Jen - I didn't think I was getting BH either until they hooked me up to the monitor in the hospital that showed I was, so you never know! Hope your appointment this afternoon goes well.

How are all you mummies/mommies getting on?

huge hugs to all that are still pregnant and suffering hope labour comes on soon for some of you. and really big congratulations to all who have given birth.

my little one is now 12days old and been through the mil we ended up back in hospital but we're home again hopefully for good this time.

huge hugs to all that are still pregnant and suffering hope labour comes on soon for some of you. and really big congratulations to all who have given birth.

my little one is now 12days old and been through the mil we ended up back in hospital but we're home again hopefully for good this time.

aww hope shes ok Lynne xx

Still no more new babies?

We're doing fine here. Lucy is lovely and doing really well. She's been teaching me how to breastfeed and I'm really enjoying it. She's not so helpful at sleeping at night, so OH and I are working that out together!

so glad to hear all our new babies are doing so well. :flower:
well, my appointment yesterday went well and was really surprised to be offered a sweep for next weds! (my due date) thought you were only given one when you went over? :shrug: but i agreed and she is coming to do the deed at home next wednesday and said that if it works (fingers crossed!!) i will be in labour within 48 hours, so hopefully will have my baby by next weekend!! :happydance:
any news from anyone else yet?

Glad to hear everything is ok now Lynne. :)

Glad everything is going well with your Lucy TT and that breastfeeding is going well. I was told during my breastfeeding class that the breastfeeding hormone is higher during the night peaking at about 4am, which means baby wants to feed more during the night. I think I also read that babies don't start producing the hormone that helps them differentiate between night and day until 12 weeks. I can't remember where I got that from though.

AFM - I lost my plug yesterday shortly after my last post. Still getting irregular contractions some of which are painful. I'm partly pleased the my body is clearly doing a lot of work without me being in pain, but equally I have no idea how long it's going to last for and now my plug is gone I'm scared to leave the house in case my waters go! I have a feeling I will be like this until my waters go now. I'm quite desperate for it not to be tomorrow though, it's already my Nan's and Aunt's birthday tomorrow but it was also my Grandfather's (different side of family) who died last November, and my Dad is concerned that my other Nan won't cope if the baby is born tomorrow, especially if it's a boy. On top of that I really want my LO to have their own birthday. Although I think I also have 5 other dates I want to miss between now and what would be my induction date if I was to go overdue, so maybe the odds aren't on my side!

That would explain why the 4am feed takes at least an hour!

I've got mastitis, which is horrible! But last night Lucy slept in her own bed the whole time she wasn't feeding, which meant me and oh got some proper sleep!

Good luck Jen and Cookies over the next wee while. Can't wait to hear about more babies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->