September Stars

Sorry to hear about the mastitis TT, hope you feel better soon. Yay for sleep though!

Congrats to those who have had their babies!
Good luck to those in labour! Hope labour is quick for you. :)

Glad to hear the babies are doing well.

I had my 39 week appointment today...all is well but I was discouraged to hear that baby hasn't dropped or engaged. I've had lots of Braxton hicks and some cramping, but I feel like I probably haven't made much progress if bubs isn't engaged.

I keep reading that first babies usually engage early...anyone else not engaged or have this experience in a prior pregnancy and still deliver at least close to their due date and not way over?

Glad to hear the babies are doing well.

I had my 39 week appointment today...all is well but I was discouraged to hear that baby hasn't dropped or engaged. I've had lots of Braxton hicks and some cramping, but I feel like I probably haven't made much progress if bubs isn't engaged.

I keep reading that first babies usually engage early...anyone else not engaged or have this experience in a prior pregnancy and still deliver at least close to their due date and not way over?

My first was breech till 36 weeks. Then thankfully turned. (i was induced at 40+4 due to pre e)
Some babies don't engage 'properly' until you're in labour anyway so i wouldn't fret too much.
My 2nd was 3/5ths engaged from 32 weeks, but still waited till due date to arrive.
I take all these 'baby should be like this/doing this' things with a pinch of salt. My baby is gona do what it wants to do and not what a book says it should be doing. :winkwink:

I take all these 'baby should be like this/doing this' things with a pinch of salt. My baby is gona do what it wants to do and not what a book says it should be doing. :winkwink:

Ain't that the truth! Also, babies do different things every day. What works on Monday won't necessarily work on Tuesday!

Ain't that the truth! Also, babies do different things every day. What works on Monday won't necessarily work on Tuesday!

Totally! Just when you think you've cracked feeding/sleeping/playing, well, anything really, they change their routine lol. :dohh:

Those who are still waiting - hang in there! I can't wait to hear about your little ones. :) Cookies, any updates? Anyone else?

The learning curve thing is absolutely true, and it's there whether it's your first or third (or more). Every baby is different!

TT, ick, sorry to hear about the mastitis. What are they having you do about it? I'm having a very hard time with nursing as well, but it's because my little man either refuses to latch or falls asleep as soon as he starts feeding. I've been pumping and giving expressed milk in a bottle for the last four days, and nursing with a breast shield in between. Some people make it look easy, but it definitely has NOT been easy for us. Incidentally, since I'm pumping, I can measure how much I'm producing, and I always get the most around 4am as well. Interesting!

Other than that, though, we're doing really well and getting a pretty decent amount of sleep - probably six or so hours per night. LO wakes up every 2-4 hours, with his longest stretch right in the middle of the night. Crossing my fingers that he keeps that up, lol.

I've got antibiotics for the infection, and I need to express off any extra milk left in my breasts. They're starting to feel better and thankfully Lucy is continuing to feed normally so it hasn't affected being able to feed her.

Our new problem is inconsolable crying in the evenings between 10 and whenever... I got no sleep last night as she would only settle for me.

Sc, sorry you're having problems with feeding. It's amazing how different babies are. I hope things settle down soon.

Sorry to hear about your struggles SC and TT. Glad to hear you're starting to feel better though TT. Unfortunately I have no words of wisdom though, wish I did.
Although like you TT it amazes me how different babies are, they really are born with their own personalities.

No update as yet, although I had intermittent painful contractions through the night which have become more regular over the last hour. Just need to wait it out and see if they suddenly stop again like last time.

Quick update ladies - my yellow bump turned pink! Amelie Sarah was born at 12:39 by emergency c-section weighing 6lb 12oz. I will post more when I'm home in a few days time.

Congratulations cookie!! Amelie is our favorite name for if our yellow bump turns pink too :thumbup:!

Can't wait to see more baby pictures...I am having a lot of stomach cramping (and tmi....having to go to the bathroom constantly) but it feels more like an upset stomach than what I imagine contractions to be, so I'm thoroughly confused! I hope things start happening soon!

Oh wow congrats cookies! Love finding out what the yellow bumps have!

Congratulations, Cookies!! Sorry you had to have an emcs...hope all is well with you and your LO.

5 days of slow labour, 14 hours of active labour then an emcs as he was stuck and in distress, Max Daniel was born on the 8th September, one day early weighing a whopping 9lb!

https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m506/clo_bags/5A7EAFBF-30D8-4FC4-A301-8B39E4DFB574-2296-000001B20C71B7FF.jpg

wow! smile he is gorgeous! sounds like you had quite a rough ride but he is here at last! big congrats!
congratulations to you too cookies! beautiful name, cant wait to see pics of your little girl!
hopefully im next!!!! 2 days to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->