September Sweet Peas- Join Here

Hi all, hope everyone is well :flower:

Just got back from my 10+ week scan and all is well, saw beanie jumping around and my area of bleed has shrunk :) I have been put forward 2 days so if you can move me to 8 Sep that would be fab!

Great news pinkpolkadot!

Just got back from my 10+ week scan and all is well, saw beanie jumping around and my area of bleed has shrunk :) I have been put forward 2 days so if you can move me to 8 Sep that would be fab!

:yipee:.. so happy to hear that!! Must have been great seeing your little bean!! :hugs:
so looking forward to my scan on the 3rd!! Feels like FOREVER!! :haha:

:yipee:.. so happy to hear that!! Must have been great seeing your little bean!! :hugs:
so looking forward to my scan on the 3rd!! Feels like FOREVER!! :haha:

Hi canadabear, mine is also on the 3rd! It does seem like ages away, doesn't it? Although it's only 2 weeks on Thursday! :happydance:

I have a scan tomorrow as I've had brown spotting for a few days now. It doesn't appear to be "fresh" blood and I've had no cramps, so hopefully all will be OK.

Fingers crossed for me please!

I have a scan tomorrow as I've had brown spotting for a few days now. It doesn't appear to be "fresh" blood and I've had no cramps, so hopefully all will be OK.

Fingers crossed for me please!

Good luck, hope it goes well :flower:

Hi All!

Just signed up to this site, and would like to join you.

I'm due 11th September with my first, so excited, scared, nervous, and everything inbetween!

G'luck with the Scan Louise. HOpe all goes well with your scan.

Welcome to the group Lxr1! Wish we all a happpy and healthy preggnancy..

Ok I have a question for all you ladies... Now that I am approaching 12 weeks, I am faced with the decision weather to have the scanning either IPS or CVS testing to see if the baby has any problems... I hear there's a small chance of misscarriage associated with this.. and that worries me...

So any of you ladies doing htis testing or not doing it??

Please share...

Ok I have a question for all you ladies... Now that I am approaching 12 weeks, I am faced with the decision weather to have the scanning either IPS or CVS testing to see if the baby has any problems... I hear there's a small chance of misscarriage associated with this.. and that worries me...

So any of you ladies doing htis testing or not doing it??

Please share...

Hi, we were offered the screen then if you come back high risk they give you the option of the injection to give an answer yes or no and this as a small risk of miscarriage. What you need to ask yourself, is will you want to keep your baby if they find any problems, cos if the answer is yes dont have the test / screening done at all we arent cos if it come back high risk then you still have to think but there is still a chance everything is alright so do i risk an healthy baby having the next test. Or if the answer is no you wouldnt then have the screening and the injection. Also i think if you are keeping the baby no matter what there is no point in worrying through your pregnancy if you get high risk xx

Personally i wouldnt get any of those tests done as i think if i found out something was wrong i would worry about bonding with the baby but i think it would be much easier to find out these things when baby is born cos when you see your baby you will be so overwhelmed with love it will be easier to deal with any problems but thats just my personal opinon! good luck whatever you decide! x x

Oh and Louise, i had a hematoma when i had a 5 wk scan which is gone now but it caused me to have some brown blood which was nothing to worry about.

I'm not having the tests because of the risk. It doesn't make any difference to me if the baby has any genetic abnormalities.

I'm having the nuchal translucency scan along with the dating scan at 12 weeks. Not sure if we'd then have Amnio or a CVS test as there is a 1% chance of miscarriage with these extra tests though..

I am also having the NT scan on the 3rd - if there are any problems then I think they refer you for further tests. Personally, I would have the further tests if I needed to as I would like to be as prepared as possible but it's a very personal decision and I can understand why people don't have them.

I am also having the NT scan on the 3rd - if there are any problems then I think they refer you for further tests. Personally, I would have the further tests if I needed to as I would like to be as prepared as possible but it's a very personal decision and I can understand why people don't have them.

i agree it is a very personal decision there is only you that knows what you want to do no matter what anyone else thinks is right xx

I'm having the nuchal test and I really don't think we would have the Amnio because of the miscarriage risk. I also don't like they give you a risk factor as a 1/100 etc as it sounds higher than it actually is, when converted to a percentage it's about the same or less than getting pregnant on the pill if taken correctly and no one worries about that do they?

I had already made the decision that i'd have my baby if it had downs but my husband was dead against it, till he saw the heartbeat on our early private scan. Since then he has really thought of it as a life from very early on which he hadn't thought of before.

x

oh so there are different test?? I feel so lost... What's a NT scan?? how's that done?? IS there any risks with that??

oh so there are different test?? I feel so lost... What's a NT scan?? how's that done?? IS there any risks with that??

i think the NT scan is the screening this should give you your low or risk, then if you are high risk they will offer you the next test, if you are low risk they wont.

there isnt any risks with the screening x

I just started a thread on this in first tri as the nuchal scan isn't avaialble in the NHS in our area which has thrown us a bit!

Hey I have also posted this in First Tri.

My scan today showed an empty sac measuring 5 weeks (I should be 8). I have now started bleeding.

So I'm out :cry:

Good luck to the rest of you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"