tooth_fairy - thank you so much for the info, much appreciated! Let's hope baby makes an appearance before then, but even if he doesn't, I hope the sweep isn't that painful and most importantly, that it works! Carebear - I believe you only need to get to the hospital pronto if your water breaks first. If you're only having contractions without broken waters, you may be fine laboring at home for a while. Your doctor should be able to tell you exactly what to do in each case. Yazzy - I've been getting TONS of Braxton Hicks in the past few weeks. Some of them are now accompanied by period type pain and/or charlie horses in my inner thighs (really uncomfortable!), but they're so few and far in between (I may even go 1-2 days without getting any painful Braxton Hicks) that I don't feel I've gotten near the real thing at any point so far. AFM: I have an acupuncture appointment booked for tomorrow morning, so I'm hopeful it may help move things along. If needed, I'll book one for next Saturday too and will cancel if I go into labor in the meantime. I've also been thinking I'll be discussing an induction for either Monday the 14th (40+6) or Tuesday the 15th (41 weeks) at my next OB appointment, if baby is still refusing to move by then. Though DH isn't terribly enthusiastic about that plan. He's such a supporter of 'nature knows best' (and I am too, but sometimes we have to intervene and that's how it is), and since the doctor has said he'll let me go up to 41+3, he doesn't see the point in speeding that up by just 3-4 days. He doesn't think it'll make a difference and he thinks it'll give baby extra time and he may come out on his own. Plus DH was born at 41+3 (and his younger sister at 41+1), both very easy labors for his Mom, so that reinforces his belief. But I'm very reluctant to let him stay in past 41 weeks. More out of fear of complications and less about him growing too big for my petite size, though both play a part in my thinking process. Anyway, let's hope little guy decides to come out on his own before then (preferably by Wednesday, so that I don't have to have the sweep either ), so that we don't have to make that decision ourselves.