September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

Mrs R, with my MMC I had several days of brown spotting which brought me in for a scan at about 11 weeks. It showed baby stopped growing at 9 weeks. That is my next milestone but won't know anything until my next scan in 16 days!

Yayayayayay I got so nervous !! Lol so so happy for you xx

Mrs. R, the doppler is awesome and cost about $40. I think it is worth it. I know I would be worrying more if I didn't have it especially with my appointment having to be moved. I won't use it often. Maybe once a week for no longer than a couple minutes at a time at least until there are kicks for reassurance.

Babyfeva, congrats on the scan :) It is so cool you got to see the baby move! My appointment got rescheduled for Thursday, so I will be 9 weeks exactly. Hopefully we can see some wiggle action too!

wantabby, good luck on your scan today!

Yay babyfeva that's brilliant news! I'm so pleased for you!

Wantabby good luck for your scan next.

MrsR I had a mmc, actually found out 4 years ago today when I went to my 12 week scan. Looking back my symptoms seemed to disappear at 7 weeks but I didn't know any different so it was a huge shock at my scan.
It sounds like you are doing just fine and shouldn't worry :)

My appointment was a mess!! My doctor is still out of town, so I opted to see the other doctor in the office. . After 2 hours of waiting (he had an emergency c-section) the resident that was following him came over to work some patients up. So she did an unofficial scan for me.. she couldn't measure or date it. I saw a hb, but no count... I'm just happy I saw something with a hb.. I have an official scan next Monday. They did all of my blood work today..

My appointment was a mess!! My doctor is still out of town, so I opted to see the other doctor in the office. . After 2 hours of waiting (he had an emergency c-section) the resident that was following him came over to work some patients up. So she did an unofficial scan for me.. she couldn't measure or date it. I saw a hb, but no count... I'm just happy I saw something with a hb.. I have an official scan next Monday. They did all of my blood work today..

Oh hun, that sucks you waited all that time and didn't get a detailed scan. I am happy to hear that you saw a heartbeat! looking forward to your update on Monday. Baby will be much bigger too.

Do any of you feel cold? I've been freezing the last 2 weeks and it's 70 degrees where I live. My doctor will test my thyroid and iron levels at my next appointent.

babyfeva, I've noticed I've been colder than normal and it hasn't been freezing where I live either. At least I think I've been colder than normal? I swear you notice way more when you're pregnant then when you're not pregnant. For all I know I could feel like this all the time. Hahaha!!

wanabby, when my doctor's office did my scan she can't get a HB count either with her machine. But she told me it looked normal, so I have to go with that. I gave in and ordered a doppler online today. :dohh: But I think it will keep me sane inbetween my appointments hopefully.

Babyfeva yes, I've been feeling so cold!!! It is winter and a bit chilly but I've been glued to the heater at home. In bed now because I was so tired and cold!

MrsR yay for at least seeing a heartbeat, that's great news :)

Can I join this group?
I have a tentative due date of 9/9. Of course it's still early days and I'm trying not to get too excited, especially since any symptoms I have seem to be pretty mild and they come and go.
I'm hoping and praying this is my sticky baby! I had a blighted ovum back in the summer which came after 16 months of TTC, so I really hope it works out for us this time.

I go in on Thursday for my 8 week scan and I'm just terrified about it. Especially since I had worse symptoms (esp. nausea) last time with my blighted ovum than I do this time. Then again, I had very low (below normal) progesterone back then and was put on a higher dosage of supplementation than this time, plus this time I'm taking herbs (prescribed by my wonderful acupuncturist-herbalist) which are supposed to also help with the symptoms. So this is what I'm hoping is the answer to my worries as opposed to low hormone levels/non viable pregnancy.

So far things have been fine, but I still worry. Got my BFP two days before my missed AF, and that was the first day I tested. First beta at 4 weeks was 337, then 3 days later it was 1325, so my doctor was happy. Progesterone was at 14.8 at 4 weeks and I didn't get tested again since it fell within the normal range, but was given 100mg/day supplementation, which my doctor likes to do in the 1st trimester as an extra precaution. Then I went in for an early scan at 6+2, which revealed a yolk sac, a 6mm fetus and a heart beat. Unfortunately, my doctor didn't want to measure the heart rate at that appointment, as he said there was no point, too early, and he only wanted to see that there was a heart beat at that point. He dated me one day behind, at 6+1, based on fetus crown rump length, but being as obsessive as I am, I researched online, and a 6mm fetus seemed to be between 6+2 and 6+4 weeks along by most charts, so no idea why he only gave me 6+1. Not that it matters all that much.

So that's where I'm at. As I said, Thursday the 29th is my next appointment. I will be 8+2 (or 8+1 if I go by the scan) then.

Good luck to everyone! Hope we all get our sticky beans this coming September!!!

Welcome christi hope this is your sticky take home baby!

Babyfeva - yay on an awesome scan!

You too wantabby though sorry you didn't get the measurements for extra reassurance but all sounds great!

Welcome Christi and congrats!! Well you can rule out a blighted ovum and an ectopic pregnancy!!! :happydance: Seeing a hb is a great sign!! The measurement can be off by as many as 4 days one way or the other, so don't worry about that at all. My first ultrasound when all that was there was the yoke sac and gestational sac, the gestational sac measured 4 days ahead, then when I went in for my follow up ultrasound at 7 weeks baby measured 1 day ahead. So they vary a lot. As long as it's within a range you're good to go!! :thumbup:

Random but has anyone had a popped blood vessel in their eye with pregnancy?

That is very random cutieq. LOL!! But I would think it could happen more because of the extra blood you have running through your body??

Welcome Christi and congrats!! Well you can rule out a blighted ovum and an ectopic pregnancy!!! :happydance: Seeing a hb is a great sign!! The measurement can be off by as many as 4 days one way or the other, so don't worry about that at all. My first ultrasound when all that was there was the yoke sac and gestational sac, the gestational sac measured 4 days ahead, then when I went in for my follow up ultrasound at 7 weeks baby measured 1 day ahead. So they vary a lot. As long as it's within a range you're good to go!! :thumbup:

Thank you, yes! That's what I figured - no ectopic and no b/o this time=good thing. For a day or two after that scan I was feeling super excited and optimistic, but now I'm back to worrying :wacko:
Oh well, Thursday isn't too far away. My appointment is in the morning, so that's better than waiting all day.

Thank you all ladies! :flower:

cutieq - I've never heard of that. Probably not the same, but I've been getting a lot of light nose bleeds (when I blow my nose - it's stuffy a lot these days) ever since before I got my BFP. That was actually my first symptom. It seemed to go away last week, but it's back this week.

Also, for the ladies who asked about feeling cold: count me in too. And I live in LA :wacko: Mine is usually sudden, like a quick chill, and it only lasts for seconds at a time. But I get it a few times a day, most days. Sometimes I get it as soon as I get under the covers at night, before I get the chance to feel warmer. My thyroid and iron tests came back normal though, so I just attribute it to the ever changing hormones.

Welcome Christi!!

I can't tell if I'm cold or if it's the super cold temps outside... I'm in Canada...

Can I join this group?
I have a tentative due date of 9/9. Of course it's still early days and I'm trying not to get too excited, especially since any symptoms I have seem to be pretty mild and they come and go.
I'm hoping and praying this is my sticky baby! I had a blighted ovum back in the summer which came after 16 months of TTC, so I really hope it works out for us this time.

I go in on Thursday for my 8 week scan and I'm just terrified about it. Especially since I had worse symptoms (esp. nausea) last time with my blighted ovum than I do this time. Then again, I had very low (below normal) progesterone back then and was put on a higher dosage of supplementation than this time, plus this time I'm taking herbs (prescribed by my wonderful acupuncturist-herbalist) which are supposed to also help with the symptoms. So this is what I'm hoping is the answer to my worries as opposed to low hormone levels/non viable pregnancy.

So far things have been fine, but I still worry. Got my BFP two days before my missed AF, and that was the first day I tested. First beta at 4 weeks was 337, then 3 days later it was 1325, so my doctor was happy. Progesterone was at 14.8 at 4 weeks and I didn't get tested again since it fell within the normal range, but was given 100mg/day supplementation, which my doctor likes to do in the 1st trimester as an extra precaution. Then I went in for an early scan at 6+2, which revealed a yolk sac, a 6mm fetus and a heart beat. Unfortunately, my doctor didn't want to measure the heart rate at that appointment, as he said there was no point, too early, and he only wanted to see that there was a heart beat at that point. He dated me one day behind, at 6+1, based on fetus crown rump length, but being as obsessive as I am, I researched online, and a 6mm fetus seemed to be between 6+2 and 6+4 weeks along by most charts, so no idea why he only gave me 6+1. Not that it matters all that much.

So that's where I'm at. As I said, Thursday the 29th is my next appointment. I will be 8+2 (or 8+1 if I go by the scan) then.

Good luck to everyone! Hope we all get our sticky beans this coming September!!!

Welcome Christi! So sorry for your los. Hoping this is your rainbow baby!! Can't wait to hear good news on Thursday!

Mrs G, sorry that you had some spotting and and had to go to the ER! I hope you get some clarification from your OB. Did your spotting stop?

Yes, so far no more spotting! I'm actually kind of surprised because the ultrasound tech wasn't especially gentle. But nothing since Sunday morning, and I even worked all night that night.

Mrs R- my MMC was odd in that one morning I simply woke up and told my husband I didn't think I was pregnant anymore. It was like a switch was flipped with my symptoms......but, that being said, the ultrasound showed the baby stopped growing just short of 6 weeks when I should have been ten. So I never really knew what to think. I never really bled or cramped, it was very much "missed" in that sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->