sex..... will I ever feel like it again?

pinkjoelle

Reaction score
So in the first tri I was sick and achy all the time, sex was the last thing I wanted... my bf was ok with that... but I still felt guilty about it..

I left for a month (work) and was relieved... no guilt about no sex...

Now im back in second tri.. im still sick but a lot less and no more aches.. but still have no libido... will it ever come back? im hearing all thoses things about being a sex kitten in second tri and I still feel like a cold fish.. Im feeling my bf's fustration... I feel for him but at the same time dont really care...

Will I ever want sex again?

haha, i was lucky that i never got sickness, but my labido went from high to zero!! i still feel like i dont want it, but lately i only get in the mood once a week... lol my fiance says its every sunday! lol. id just explain to your bf that not everyone goes to a horny rabbit after the sickness has gone. dont feel guilty about him not getting sex. my OH asks if i can "lend him a hand" but most of the time i just say no... lol. hormones can change everything and dont feel bad that hes not getting what he wants. he may throw his toys out the pram, but eventually hell understand that if your not in the mood, you wont do it. im 25 weeks and now my OH has learnt that if im in the mood (on a sunday lol) ill come to him. he thinks its great, like a treat! hehe.

I do the 'once a week treat' for OH but other than that I dont really feel like it which I know is only pregnancy as me and Oh do it quite a lot when Im not pregnant :blush:
It will come back, two weeks after Phoebe was born I had OH up against the hallway door ravishing him :blush: we couldnt do it then because of the bleeding but my god I wanted him and I was like that until I could finally have him :haha:

.. I am RIGHT with you on that one :( so dont feel alone .. I just dont feel like it EVER and i actually feel so sorry for my OH because he is so patient and never puts me under presure for it but you can see he really wants to :( .. we haven't done the deed since i found out i was pregnant and it doesnt bother me but obviously bothers him.

Tell him "thanks, but I've already got what I wanted (the baby in your belly)" and see his reaction ... LOL. On a serious note -- don't feel bad, I've been the same way ... some days it bothers me, but then I think about it... and well, I'm over it! He'll live! The best part was someone told me wait until they see your delivery... they'll never see your va-jay-jay the same again...

Or of course when your 38 weeks and desparate for the baby to come out, you OH wont know whats hit him :rofl:

Once I hit 2nd trimester, I felt like having sex alot....for about 3 weeks. Now I don't want it at all and everytime we have sex I have an yuck factor that takes over every time he tries foreplay and everything just sort of closes up. The past couple of times have been bad and I eventually give in and give it to him but I feel so bad because last time I told him about the yuck factor and he took it personally. Once I have the big O it feels better than it ever has....but to get to that point is the hard part. Once he starts foreplay..then as I said earlier...yuck. I hope it goes away and I am just chucking it all up to hormones..

My sex drive came back around 22 weeks both times I've been pregnant. However, I'm still knackered in the evenings so we have to try and make time for it during the day, which isn't always easy.

Its different for everyone I think. I do, I want to DTD every minute of every day starting about week 15. However, if your Dr says your pregnancy is ok and sex is fine, try to compromise once a week or so? Once the baby comes he is going to have another long two months-maybe longer.

Even after the baby... I am worried about us then! I bought the book "childproofing your marriage" Im so worried about sex life is going to go down the tubes and I have seen the DRASTIC negative effects on our relationship that I am determined not to let that happen to us again.

i'm having this exact same problem joelle ... i hope it comes back eventually! my oh is great about it, but i still feel bad. i just have ZERO desire whatsoever anymore.

i went off sex after 12 weeks and hardly had sex all thru the 9 months, thrn made my oh wait 12 weeks after hahaha.

but i got my drive back after the first time, doing it when ever we could sometimes 3 times a day lol

when zane hit 6 months my sex drive went due to the pill and stress with ohs job and where we were living. it then came back again hahaha

after having a baby ur sex life takes alot of work unlike before but ule be ok x

Once I hit 2nd trimester, I felt like having sex alot....for about 3 weeks. Now I don't want it at all and everytime we have sex I have an yuck factor that takes over every time he tries foreplay and everything just sort of closes up. The past couple of times have been bad and I eventually give in and give it to him but I feel so bad because last time I told him about the yuck factor and he took it personally. Once I have the big O it feels better than it ever has....but to get to that point is the hard part. Once he starts foreplay..then as I said earlier...yuck. I hope it goes away and I am just chucking it all up to hormones..

oh do i feel ya there! I'm the same way...:shrug:

when I was pregnant with my son I had absolutely no sex drive, and to be honest the 'drought' lasted quite a while after he was born as well!
Eventually got it back though!!!!
With this pregnancy, it is more the other way round. My OH seems to be avoiding sex with me, mostly because he is petrified that he will do something that will cause this pregnancy to end.
I have to admit though, I'm pretty sure I would not be gutted if we didn't have sex for the rest of the pregnancy!!x

When it comes to my sex drive...I only give it once a week. That is alot to me. Here I am at 21 weeks and I still have nausia...Im having twins so I am like a regular pragnancy at 6 months! I am so huge! All I think about when we are doing it is how big I am...I cant even see over myself anymore so its hard to "trim" lol...My fiancee just laughs it off and he knows how sick Ive been feeling so he doesnt pressure me...but the once a week are totally because I feel sorry and I have a really big fear he will leave me if I dont give it out. :) Insecurity... bleh!

oh do i feel ya there! I'm the same way...:shrug:

Thank goodness I am not the only one on that. I think I am going to suggest to my husband to skip the foreplay and go straight to the main course and then maybe use some lube so it doesn't hurt. And it isn't as if I don't want the intimacy because I do! I just get the yuck feeling as soon as he starts kissing me and it turns me off....but I know it has nothing to do with him because I have never had this problem before getting pregnant.:nope:

OMG! I thought I was the only one! I just posted a thread about this too! And SweetPea, I know about the yuck factor. It seems if my nipples get touched, they get this strange itchy feeling down deep, and all I want to do is slap the hand away. What causes this? And how do we fix it?

I am with you on this one! We have weekend sex and thats pretty much it. Actually, once I am in the mood I find sex feels better than ever before. When I was pregnant with my son we had sex all the time, but I'm pretty sure that was much further along. Maybe even third tri? I agree about when you are full term, you'll be trying to get it all the time to help spur labor!

If your OHs are feeling neglected now, just wait until the baby comes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->