Share your Crazy TTC rituals

JLM73

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I thought it would be fun to start a thread where we can post our oddities, rituals, OCD behaviors when TTC or in the 2WW! :wacko:
I'll start:

In the 2ww I feel the need to use several brands, because SURELY if I'm getting bfns at 9dpo...2 brands MUST have a bad batch that month, and surely I picked those 2.

I also add urine by dropper /dip as directed, but if the first one is bfn, the next time i test I start to think Surely 5 secs dip needs an extra sec in case i counted too fast, and 3 drops of urine?? surely they didn't know what they were talking about bcuz 1 extra drop will prob make the next test bfp- silly manufacturer ( and yes I noticed some droppers are Bigger than others THUS reinforcing my theory that all drops are NOT created equal!)

As soon as the ink runs across to the control line, if I don't immed see a hint of a line on the Test side, I have to leave the room, and not come back until the 10 minute time limit- A watched pot never boils as they say, and surely the ink is shy and just waiting for me to give it some privacy to do it's thing...

NOW that the test is at the 10 minute limit- hmmm I don't see 2 lines...time to break out my mini LED flashlight - bathroom bulbs ( all 6 of them) might just not be bright enough...still no line OK...Magnifying glass time - Lost7 I love your avatar for this reason)
I have a 5x Magnifying glass...it LIVES on my bathroom counter, and yes I believe that the ink may just be tricky enough to require this.
And on the saner side of the world- if nothing else, it may buy me a few years of not needing glasses for all the squinting I was doing before I bought it...
And what Maaaaan came up with the 10 minute timelimit?? Surely all hpts are begging to be scrutinized and compared to the next and previous test! And surely this means over several hours, if not days...

ALL tests must be saved, and labeled with date...time...cd and fmu or smu...ahem:blush: simply for record keeping and comparison...and to see if I missed something 3 days ago...

And heck, even when the :witch: comes cackling...maybe it's not really her, maybe it's just spotting...or a breakthru bleed...ok well she stayed 1 day less soooo maybe it was a fake :witch: AHA! oh no, I'm not falling for that spell...let me take another hpt just in case...sigh

Omg this is the best(if not only) laugh i'v had in my 2ww! Hilarious- to ads a few of my own...does anyone else feel cheated by digis? They're just so final and leave no scope for squinting/comparing/extending time limits/assessing for evaps. Also when i try a new brand and get a bfn i head online and find like 1 bad review of them and then totally dismiss the bfn. By 6dpo im testing convincing myself it could show- fast forward a week and im convinced that early bfps are freakish and there's nothimg to worry about still seeing bfn at 13dpo-perfectly normal. Aah we are our own worst enemies!

Oh I love it!
I'm only 5dpo, and caught myself rereading the "stages of implantation" medical stuff online...like I haven't read them every single cycle before lol- as if I missed something
and of course I keep thinking really dumb stuff like " Oh these jeans are too tight...they might keep me from implanting...let me go change":rofl:

shameless bump - I want to hear more hehe

I check, 're check and 're 're check my chart... Convinced that no symptoms is because I am in fact pregnant vs af coming around. I research chemical pregnancies, I do online baby shopping because I'm too young to not get a viable pregnancy this time around (I have 6 carts with about $4000 in baby and new born stuff) but if af shows I empty every single cart because I jinxed it by shopping early...

Yikes I sound crazy

Isn't it funny how we do things thinking so positively, then if bfn swear that was the reason we got jinxed lol - I kept every single item from my 4 y/o son that was reusable ( highchair, carseat, carrier, stroller, clothes, playpen etc)
Because I was then, and am still now (5 yrs later) so convinced when I get pregnant I am def having another boy. Mind you I tried all the "tricks" for a boy and got one then, but in the back of my mind I keep thinking - all this boy stuff...I am so gonna end up with a girl LOL
At this point I just want a healthy baby!

Oh you mean like peeing in a cup every time you go to the toilet since 5 DPO and then sitting on the toilet waiting for the stick to develop for 5 minutes while sitting on the loo, not wiping or doing anything and then squinting?

Yep. Just ordered another batch of 50 tests off Amazon and angry I wasted so many at 5 DPO when I would not like to test at 7 DPO? LOL.

I am SO happy I'm working 12's for the next 3 days... I won't have time to even think about testing and then boom af due on Monday my day off. (For those that don't know my wonderful OH hid my hpts and I'm too cheap to buy expensive ones...)

I can't do that running but I can imagine lol we all just want to be pregnant that much is all!

I illogically won't work out hard during the tww - I'll do yoga or take long walks, but I am totally irrational when it comes to working out hard, lol.

I illogically won't work out hard during the tww - I'll do yoga or take long walks, but I am totally irrational when it comes to working out hard, lol.

Oh I'm the opposite! I tell myself "this is the last week that I can loose weight before I have to gain a ton"

I have def packed on an extra 10 lbs ths last few months- I'm eating omelettes fruit salads whole grain cereal daily, but def eat the junk in between. I am usually pretty fit, but I read estrogen is stored in your body fat , so i havent hit any hard training.
just trying to relax a bit since im stressing over what cd which dpo which test brand am or pm my chart...other's charts compared to my chart lol:fool:

OMG I can totally relate to each and every line of this post:rofl:

I google "late implantation" every single month..lol. I also will tell someone that I may be pregnant because of symptoms and then when AF arrives, I tell myself I jinxed myself by telling that person.

Oh yea..I won't tell anybody in fam until I make the 12 week mark when I get a bfp..I have never gone by that rule, but for some reason I have that set in my head this time. I guess I just want to keep it to myself ( and you ladies hehe) and make sure things are progressing well...

I have had some mega silly thoughts tho - besides tight pants may affect implant, If I get any twinges I immed think Oh no I must have sat wrong, stood too fast, lifted too much...
I get this crazy visual of the emby popping off the uterus wal like a suction cup that just let loose :blush:
I tripped earlier and stood still like a statue waiting to see if I felt anything lol
I am only 6dpo...gonna be a loooong 2ww. But I'd rather obsess over this now, as I know how POAS madness is twice as crazy hehe

Brit- I saved every page about implant process I could find, so if I don't get a bfp early, I can review the "normal" range then if I still don't get one, I scour the "late implant" breakdowns lol...then when I get the first hint of AF on the TP...I scour posts about BFP despite AF like bleeds...guess it's good to never give up, buttt I'm pretty sure only women on the boards understand our thinking !

I think testing early will jinx me because I have never had a BFP, but then every month I am so tempted to test early.

Also, my mom went to a psychic a year ago and the lady told her I wouldn't find out until "leaves are falling". Although I have no beliefs in psychics, this still continues to haunt me and I can't get it out of my head during the TWW. Stupid!

Oh and I am always pushing on my boobs, testing them for tenderness. lol

Also, my mom went to a psychic a year ago and the lady told her I wouldn't find out until "leaves are falling". Although I have no beliefs in psychics, this still continues to haunt me and I can't get it out of my head during the TWW. Stupid!

Rq120...GO shake some trees !! Lol:wohoo:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->