She's in her own room....

Mervs Mum

Doula & Mum of 3!
Reaction score
Well I've taken the plunge.....:argh:

We've been on holiday this week and added to that we've ditched her dummy completely. She's taken to it so well - she's been falling asleep easier than before strangely :wacko:. I've even left her to fall asleep on her own when I usually have to sit with her and stroke her hand through her crib rails (in my room) or she will do the running man until she's wide awake and laughing....:dohh:

So on our last night on holiday, I decided that this was as good a time as any for her to move next door into her own room. I really wanted her in with us till she was at least 6 months but it just seems like a good time as she's taking so well to the change in her bed routine. She's 6 months old on wednesday so.....

I've put the monitor right next to her head so I can hear her breathe - it feels like the day we brought her home all over again!

aw well done.....i have to do it soon as Maley is too long for her moses basket but i keep putting it off....

well done Hebe! and good on her for not needing the dummy

Wow I am planning on putting alfie in his own room next week as he is very good for bed. Goes up at 8:30 then feed and change him until 9 then goes in his cot awake. A kiss and goodnight from mummy lights out door shut drifts off and sleeps until 6 am. Hope he takes to his room.
Hope your LO is doing good so far she sounds like she is and no dummy that's a real bonus. Good luck Hun.

Aww well done :) I am dreading putting Simeon in his own room, but I know the time is coming as his head is almost touching the top of his basket with his feet touching the bottom! You have inspired me to start using his cot a little, maybe during the day first to get him used to his room.

I hope Hebe takes to it well, good luck! xxx

Thanks girls.

Chelle - I started her napping in there during the day about 6 weeks ago ish so she knows where she is when she wakes up. She grew out of her moses so she went in a crib at 4 months as I definately wasnt ready for her to move then....:shy:...we shall see..... x

Thank you, I will try that then... but like you I don't think I am ready for full nights yet :) I think you have timed it perfectly though now! Good luck!! xxx

Hope it continues to go well!

Jasmine has been in her crib and own room since birth... I still have some nights when she is super quiet that I will go in and check on her.

I found that lately she has been having a hard time falling asleep with anyone holding her, I think they just get too stimulated by people maybe? Luckily i've been able to put her in her own bed and she goes to sleep.

Hope it goes well! Ive got to put Ellie in her own room i was thinking tonight will be the night. Shes been getting up this week for so reason i hope changing her bed doesnt disturb her more!

Aww hope everything went well hun. Rebecca is the same age and went into her own room 3 weeks ago and I hardly slept for the first 4 days!!:rofl: I was checking on her all the time
I have an angelcare monitor and have it right next to her head too!!

she was getting way too big for her crib so had no choice, if it was up to me she would have been in with us until she started school:dohh:

Awww well done! Alfie sleeps in his big cot but it has the side off and is pushed right up to our bed, the matresses are the same height so really it is almost like he is co sleeping. He still wakes every night between 4am and 5am for a feed tho, so I am not moving him till he stops doing that because it is so much easier with him right next to me!

Well done Hebe, keep sleeping well :cloud9:

:happydance:

She was fine although I was up checking her and then the temperature egg etc! :dohh: She woke at her usual time and I brought her in with us to feed and nod back off. :cloud9: And double bonus...we got some proper leg over without trying not to wake her up!!! :rofl:

THats great hun! Well done you and hebe.....Jacob is still in with us :rofl: i even made kyle take apart the cot from nursery and take it in and build it again :rofl: So the nursery is NEVER used......but im thinking 7-8 months ill move him in his own room.....or 14 whatever easier :D XxxX

Em - I thought we'd have her in there when she's at uni I'm such a soft touch! :lol: You'll know when he's ready. xx

Well done Hebe!!:happydance:
I put Oliver in has own rom after a couple of weeks and I'm so glad I did. I don't think I could let him go now if he was still in our room!!!:dohh:

:happydance:

She was fine although I was up checking her and then the temperature egg etc! :dohh: She woke at her usual time and I brought her in with us to feed and nod back off. :cloud9: And double bonus...we got some proper leg over without trying not to wake her up!!! :rofl:

Well done Hebe :happydance:

Glad to see you had a good night too lmao!! This is another reason that Ellie has to go in her own bedroom lol.

:happydance: Glad it went well!

It definitely wasn't easy for us..

:wohoo:

Well done Hebe. We moved Kian into his own room at a similar age to Hebe and it was so much easier not creeping around.

Also well done to both of you for ditching the dummy, we lasted approxiamatley 2 hours :blush: before we gave up. Niamh is sooooo attached to it and i feel so guilty taking it away from her, plus she moaned and moaed until i could take no more!!! Will probably be in trouble again when we go to the hospital on wednesday :dohh:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->