Should I wait??

bean85

Reaction score
Hi everyone just looking for some advice.
Me & my husband have said we will start ttc August.
My friends have booked a holiday for me to go to Amsterdam with them on the 12th August & I will be ovulating 10th August
Obviously I am aware it could take a long time to happen I am just worried that if I am in Amsterdam I will be consuming alcohol.
Would you wait till the next month? Really didn't want to wait another month but worried it's not a good idea.
Any advice will help x

Hi, you're going to get really mixed advice on here. There will be a lot of people who give up alcohol etc when they're trying as they don't want to risk it. I discussed it with my doctor and she basically said to me that I'll be giving up a lot for 9 months, so not to get too uptight about giving everything up while trying. Especially as you say, it could take a while. I ovulated on the 19/20th February and went away with my husband for his birthday on the 22nd February and we drank quite a lot that weekend. I got my BFP on 1st March. At my first appointment the hospital asked me when my last drink was, I said 24th February and they were absolutely fine with it. Baby is healthy and doing well. Do whatever you think is best for you and don't let anyone judge you. I understand you not wanting to hold off another month
good luck! X

Hi, you're going to get really mixed advice on here. There will be a lot of people who give up alcohol etc when they're trying as they don't want to risk it. I discussed it with my doctor and she basically said to me that I'll be giving up a lot for 9 months, so not to get too uptight about giving everything up while trying. Especially as you say, it could take a while. I ovulated on the 19/20th February and went away with my husband for his birthday on the 22nd February and we drank quite a lot that weekend. I got my BFP on 1st March. At my first appointment the hospital asked me when my last drink was, I said 24th February and they were absolutely fine with it. Baby is healthy and doing well. Do whatever you think is best for you and don't let anyone judge you. I understand you not wanting to hold off another month
good luck! X

Thank you for your honesty! I thought it was risky asking for advice on such a touchy subject. We've been wtt for a year now while I went back to uni so the thought of waiting another month is hard. Thank you for your advice though really appreciate it xx

Hi everyone just looking for some advice.
Me & my husband have said we will start ttc August.
My friends have booked a holiday for me to go to Amsterdam with them on the 12th August & I will be ovulating 10th August
Obviously I am aware it could take a long time to happen I am just worried that if I am in Amsterdam I will be consuming alcohol.
Would you wait till the next month? Really didn't want to wait another month but worried it's not a good idea.
Any advice will help x

My advice is do it...it may happen it may not happen..way i see it if ur happy why 'waste' a month...as we only ovulate once a month..and if you arw really worried then maybe dont drink as much but until the baby is in you and growing...cut yourself some slack amd enjoy your life. U wont be able to do it when pregnant and/or breastfeeding...good luck hun xxx

My advice is do it...it may happen it may not happen..way i see it if ur happy why 'waste' a month...as we only ovulate once a month..and if you arw really worried then maybe dont drink as much but until the baby is in you and growing...cut yourself some slack amd enjoy your life. U wont be able to do it when pregnant and/or breastfeeding...good luck hun xxx

That's lovely thankyou! Really nice to see people are positive makes me feel much more relaxed xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->