• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Show us your nursery

Sorry Canadian houses!!! Yeah you only get a closet if you are super lucky or super rich. The wardrobe (especially mine) takes up all your space and it isn't floor to ceiling like a closet :( sad times.

youre right..we get royally screwed here...however Im lucky that my house has three closets in the master bedroom...they join together which makes it even more roomier as well....
however bub's room does not have a closet and I refuse to buy an huge wardrobe...well at the moment!! a dresser will do for now!

I wasn't aware that people in UK didn't have closets! :( That would bother me too! When I lived in the Netherlands our closet wasn't built in like the ones here in the US, but I did know of a few people who had a built in closet

I ordered the crib/mattress and changing table this evening. JCPenney had a good sale (closeout sale nonetheless, with good reviews) and their free ship to store promo ends tomorrow. Still debating on which dresser so I'll have to order that at a later date.

My intentions were to buy a really nice set that she could grow into but I've decided to go cheaper and then buy a nice ''big girl'' set when she's older. This crib converts to a toddler daybed which is fine for the time being. I was struggling with which size bed I wanted her to have in the future anyway.

Hopefully I made the right decision!

Now all I need to do is return the bedding and order the new set!

I'm so antsy seeing everyones nurseries! They are all so cute!

I want the leander cot so much, but my bf is moaning saying its a waste of money, but I think its great because it will last them up to about 5/6 years old and its quality. What do you guys think? Is there anything that rivals it?

https://boohoobaby.co.uk/prod_show.asp?prodid=155&cname=White&color_item_ID=3002&mesize=

MommyB, the nursery is looking lovely! Your cradle is gorgeous :thumbup:

I'm so hoping to post a proper picture in this thread soon :haha:

DH & I are painting the nursery at the moment, just magnolia as we're team :yellow: and FX we will be ordering our carpets soon :dance:

In the meantime though, I was really naughty yesterday and ordered the nursery furniture... it's the cotbed, wardrobe and dresser/changer.

Can't wait for it to arrive on Saturday :dance:

Attachments

• furniture.jpg
    furniture.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 26
DH and I got the crib up yesterday with all the bedding and moble in it. So I guess our room is done. It would look better painted but were not going to bother if we are moving soon. Here is every angle of the room.

https://i53.tinypic.com/fnbeb7.jpg
https://i52.tinypic.com/2uqf4op.jpg
https://i51.tinypic.com/346vm88.jpg
https://i55.tinypic.com/34ep5xl.jpg

My cousin does painted canvas letters to spell out names. So she is making his name for over the bed in the colours and characters as his bedding. Will post when we get them up. Thanks for taking a look. :)

beautiful mommyB.

We finished all the painting today. So are just waiting until OHs dad gets back from Ireland and he is taking us to get our flooring. Then... we are going to build all the furniture and I cant wait!!
Even OH is all excited, he said today.. "I cant wait to get the carpet, the room is going to look gorgeous!"

Hehe, its nice that he is getting excited about a bright pink room!

Will post piccies as soon as the carpet is down!

Thats lovely MommyB

Arrrgh - DH has said he can smell damp in the Nursery - we havent decorated yet but we do have a new carpet down. We did have a small problem on the floor (ground floor nursery) a couple of years ago but I thought we had sorted it. I do not need there to be a damp problem in my baby's nursery!!!! :nope:

Mizze

I'm liking the sound of the bright pink nursery MrsMurphy2Be, I don't think we have seen any really girly nurseries yet? If I'm having a girl im gona do a princess bedroom with these lights
https://www.mothercare.com/Barbie-L...1/279-8031468-7208559?_encoding=UTF8&mcb=core

and my OH & me are going to do a mural. I love tree murals so probably something like that.

I showed my girl nursery..but I think it just wasnt as cool as everyone elses!:nope:

Your nursery is gorgeous!! I havent forgotten it, hehe. I meant sickly sweet girly girly ones.

Here is what I purchased.

With the bedding set I only purchased the 4 pc set, an extra crib shit, valances, 3 pc wall art and the blanket. I am going to buy espresso wicker baskets for the changer and an espresso wicker laundry basket. Also, the walls are already a beige color which I am going to keep the same. As for the lamp, I have found a touch lamp that is a beige/creamy color, which will be great for late night diaper changing/feedings. And I am still deciding on the dresser which will also be espresso and the glider/rocking chair which is on my registry. I may also buy letters to spell out her name and hang those on the wall too. Other than that, Im finished with decor and furniture! Her nursery is a small room and I definitely don't want to over due it.

Yay, I finally made up my mind!!
(Click the picture to make it larger)
Crib Bedding.jpg Crib+changer.png

With the bedding set I only purchased the 4 pc set, an extra crib shit, valances, 3 pc wall art and the blanket. I am going to buy espresso wicker baskets for the changer and an espresso wicker laundry basket. Also, the walls are already a beige color which I am going to keep the same. As for the lamp, I have found a touch lamp that is a beige/creamy color, which will be great for late night diaper changing/feedings. And I am still deciding on the dresser which will also be espresso and the glider/rocking chair which is on my registry. I may also buy letters to spell out her name and hang those on the wall too. Other than that, Im finished with decor and furniture! Her nursery is a small room and I definitely don't want to over due it.

View attachment 116366 View attachment 116367

I love it...

Your nursery is gorgeous!! I havent forgotten it, hehe. I meant sickly sweet girly girly ones.

yeah thats true...I think I am too funky for the sickly sweet stuff..
do you think you will go all pink yourself?
However I did add pink flower and heart shaped pillows on the bed and also found a pink tiny teddy blanket for the daybed also!! tee hee..getting more pink as the days go by!

If I'm having a girl then since I'm a girly girl myself I will probably go for the full on pink princess theme. Have to wait and see in 3 weeks. I think I'm having a boy though so blue and green in that case.

I cant wait to find out what you are having...I know it will be princess city too if its a girl..and will be lovely

:) thanks, I will also buy the hot pink bugaboo fabric on the sly and change it when my OH is sleeping muahaha.

View attachment 116366 View attachment 116367

We both have great taste! How much did you pay for your crib set? Here in Canada they were charging $199 CAD. So I ordered it off of an American website and paid only $125. It was such a great deal. As well as the lamp and mobile. I love the girl version as well, and my friend told me because the elephants trunk is up it means good luck. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->