• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Show us your nursery

ohhhh its so lovely..I would love to have something like that ...but hubby said we must have some pinks in there! tee he..why didnt I think of making bedding with my own print..silly Jessa!haha..keep us updated

That's so special Catters. It's nice to have made something special for you little one! I started crocheting a blanket but I'm too impatient so I'm giving it to a friend to complete, lol.

That is absolutely gorgeous Catters!

Too bad I cant do anything like that!!

That is absolutely gorgeous Catters!

Too bad I cant do anything like that!!

Aww.. thank you (and honestly, if I can, YOU can.. trust me!!)! Again, I know it's totally unconventional for a girl, but I really do LOVE those colors for her. I did find some burnt orange minkee/minky fabric on Etsy, so going to finish it off with a minkee/minky blanket for her...

And don't laugh, but now I'm working on some little owls that are made of felt -- like the ones in the picture but more of the orange, brown, gold and turquoise in her bedding to create a mobile. I found a bit of gnarly wood with lots of twists and turns in it, cleaned it up and figured I'd hang the tiny owls (and maybe a tree or two) off of it for a mobile in her nursery.. :dohh: I think I started on her nursery too early.. too much time for 'tweaking'.... :haha:

https://myfirstbaby.lissylane.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/owls.jpg

OMG i love those owls!!! They are really lovely! Do you have instructions or are you just copying the picture????

I sent you a message Tea.. but I copied the pictures (lame, I know..) but I just drew out the size on some paper (made a pattern) and went from there.. felt is pretty forgiving actually and I've already finished a few.. I even embellished a bit and added some 'breast feathers' (just some cut up upside down triangles, layered)... you can pretty much do whatever you want with them.. then I started thinking.. "you can make ANYTHING out of felt! hmmm...." ... i think these owls have created a monster in me. :haha:

you are really inspiring me to try something like that Catters! I am struggling to find bedding that I really like that isnt soo expensive.. so I may have a go at something... and if it doesnt work out... oh well! Lol.

Those owls are so amazing though!

Can I ask, where is a good place to look for nice fabrics?

MrsMurphy2Be -- I looked online (and I totally understand about the expensive bit.. some of the group bedding prices are INSANE and then I couldn't find one that I really, REALLY liked!) and found something that I liked, then started the hunt for the colors I wanted.. I went on Ebay/Etsy and to Walmart. I bought the felt for the owls at our local hobby store and it was 50% off.

You want to know how easy and inexpensive it was to make? Don't tell anyone though .. :haha:... all I did was take an older bedding set that was given to me (bumper, comforter, dust ruffle) and literally sewed/covered it. Seriously.. easy peasy.. I showed another pregnant friend of mine what I was doing and she was shocked at how easy I was making it look -- she went to a second hand kids store and bought a bedding set for $20, took it home, washed it and is currently covering the set with fabric she picked out!!!

There are no patterns to cut, you can stuff it more if you want, and you have an instant filler so no cotton batting to buy.. just buy the fabric in the colors you like, measure the older bedding, cut the fabric, sew it to fit and there you have it! Again, if I can do it, anyone can... I say go for it!! :thumbup: (and if you ever need a person to cheer you on while you work on it, you can always msg me!! :wohoo:)

MrsMurphy2Be -- I looked online (and I totally understand about the expensive bit.. some of the group bedding prices are INSANE and then I couldn't find one that I really, REALLY liked!) and found something that I liked, then started the hunt for the colors I wanted.. I went on Ebay/Etsy and to Walmart. I bought the felt for the owls at our local hobby store and it was 50% off.

You want to know how easy and inexpensive it was to make? Don't tell anyone though .. :haha:... all I did was take an older bedding set that was given to me (bumper, comforter, dust ruffle) and literally sewed/covered it. Seriously.. easy peasy.. I showed another pregnant friend of mine what I was doing and she was shocked at how easy I was making it look -- she went to a second hand kids store and bought a bedding set for $20, took it home, washed it and is currently covering the set with fabric she picked out!!!

There are no patterns to cut, you can stuff it more if you want, and you have an instant filler so no cotton batting to buy.. just buy the fabric in the colors you like, measure the older bedding, cut the fabric, sew it to fit and there you have it! Again, if I can do it, anyone can... I say go for it!! :thumbup: (and if you ever need a person to cheer you on while you work on it, you can always msg me!! :wohoo:)

wow... I am now definitely going to try this! Will go out at the weekend and try to find some nice fabrics. If anything, at least it will keep me busy for a while.. as I have been so bored recently coz Im not working.
Once I get started, I shall definitely keep you updated.
Thanks for the idea,and I hope mine turns out half as good as yours! :thumbup:

^^ FANTASTIC! I look forward to hearing from you as you progress in your 'bedding venture'! I promise, you'll find it easier than you initially thought!

(Side note: When I was out felt shopping, I did pick up a bit extra as it was 50% off and I'm making a black faced SHEEP (like the pic), just to see how he turns out! I LOVE FELT NOW! You can make ANYTHING with this stuff! Your mobile ideas could honestly, be ENDLESS! Dragons, birds, farm animals, cats, dogs, shapes, etc... endless, I say.. endless!)

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xgwbpF4rEGU/SeOslhKh8yI/AAAAAAAAAB8/9_E4baWhmW4/s400/p3-e9.jpg

Havent done anything else... but we DID build the chest of drawers!! They look so lonely in the nursery on their own.. but they are lovely and solid!

Hopefully do the wardrobe or cotbed tomorrow :D

Havent done anything else... but we DID build the chest of drawers!! They look so lonely in the nursery on their own.. but they are lovely and solid!

Hopefully do the wardrobe or cotbed tomorrow :D

:haha: Awesome!

Yay we're moving tomorrow and then we can finally set up the nursery with what we have...
We don't have any bedding for the cot yet though.... and we're not painting (as we live in an army house and need to hand it back in the same condition as we got it, and we're not sure how long we'll be living there, so that would be a bit of a pain) But we might put up a border....
Once we've sorted it I'll put a picture up, of how the progress is coming along....
Won't be till after the 14th of october though, cause my dad made us a changing unit and I won't be getting that till they come over to England :)

here's ours :)

Attachments

• nursery1.jpg
    nursery1.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 124

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members