sick of waiting for bfp - come on October

Hey ladies!!
I've never left an appointment so excited and hopeful in my life! :D This new doctor is very informative and full of excitement for her patients! omg...anyway

She said that from the looks of my charts and the fact that my OPKs are positive around the same time that I get eggwhite/temp shifts, etc. it seems that i am ovulating normally and have normal cycles. So she thinks the issue is with my DH who has low sperm count. She looked at his SA results (all 4 of them) and said he definitely has a low count. They look for 30 million per mL but he has less than half of that. She said he could have a varicosele which is a common cause of low sperm count apparently, and it's an easy fix and recovery time is short :) Next step for him: find a urologist!

AFM, she's going to do a HSG during my next MP and go from there. She didn't say I sounded like I had endo, so I'm hoping the HSG would confirm that too. She said many people who get a HSG get "knocked up" shortly afterward, so I hope that is me!!! Either way, it seems like our fertility issues can have an easy fix, pending confirmation of nothing being wrong with me ;) If there's another reason for my DH's low sperm count, then the doc suggests doing ICSI, and best part is it's covered by our insurance!!! Yay! She told me that all 3 of her children were conceived with ICSI so that gives me even more hope. First thing she said when she entered the room was, "So you want to get pregnant? I'm excited to help you with that!" Best doc's appointment ever! I was so worried and nervous, but I feel like I'm getting somewhere now. I've got some solutions and next steps and I can't wait to get started! I don't think I've looked forward to AF's arrival since starting TTC until now 'cause that's when I can do the HSG and get on the road to my BFP!! YAY!!!!

Smash, let us know about the blood test as soon as you know! I'm excited for you! What kind of tests will your doc do to check for PCOS? When's your appointment for discussing your next steps? I hope she gives you an option that works as quickly as possible for you guys.

Ash - CD 43?!? What DPO is that now? Oh man, what did your doc say? I hope something happens asap!! preferably BFP!

RCAF- I'm so happy for you! It sounds like you are on your way to getting things taken care of so you can get your BFP! How soon can dh get his procedure? It sounds like your new dr is awesome! I have had the same (male) doctor since I was 16 so it would be weird for me to switch, but he sometimes acts like I worry about things that aren't a big deal (like contractions at 35 weeks and I had dd a few days later). Also when I had my MC he didn't even see me, just said that we wouldn't worry about it unless I had another one :growlmad:

Smash- Let us know as soon as you get your blood test back! What are the risks with clomid? I know that the risk of twins is higher, but is there anything else? When will they have the rest of the blood tests back? I am really hoping that you get your BFP with the blood test though, and unless you are spotting I doubt its a MC, with mine I bled for 17 days starting right at implantation.

5dpo for me. Last night I was FREEZING cold, and dh thought I was crazy. My temps were up even higher this morning too so that is good. I'm looking at the cold thing as a good sign since I've always had temperature issues early in pregnancy so FXed that is the reason! Oh and I have also been really tired the past couple of days. I've been taking a nap when dd takes hers and going to bed early. I know 5dpo is early for symptom spotting, but with dd I had symptoms right after conception, and we weren't ttc so I wasn't just trying to spot things LOL.

Ash-

Ash- your chart looks really crazy! It looks like you Oed, went through your luteal phase, then Oed again...do you think it was b/c of your thermometer? Either way if your test is BFN I would go to the dr to find out what is going on and if you did O or not!

My doc was recommended to me by a friend and she was totally right about her. I'm thankful for that. I have to call to see how to go about getting a referral (if necessary) for DH because he's military so they might have a different set of rules to follow. If it were up to me, I'd book his appointment for tomorrow haha!

Those sound like promising symptoms, Brit, especially since you had those temperature sensitivities with your other pregnancies :) Fx for you!!! Will you just test when AF is due?

Ash- your chart looks really crazy! It looks like you Oed, went through your luteal phase, then Oed again...do you think it was b/c of your thermometer? Either way if your test is BFN I would go to the dr to find out what is going on and if you did O or not!
I know! And yes the themometer is broken! Poo! I am getting a new one tomorrow! Going to test in the am too!

Ash- Good luck with your test tomorrow!

RCAF- I will probably start testing this weekend. I know it will be early but I've always gotten my BFPs by 10dpo. The earlier I know, the earlier I can get blood taken and make sure my progesterone levels are OK. DD was born premature (water broke) and my dr thinks I may need progesterone shots weekly during any additional pregnancies as a preventative measure.

Best of luck to you both for testing! So if you're pregnant Brit, you'd have to get progesterone shots every week for 37+ weeks?? :O

Best of luck to you both for testing! So if you're pregnant Brit, you'd have to get progesterone shots every week for 37+ weeks?? :O
Thanks! And Brit what would the progesterone help with?

The dr. said from week 18 to 37. I started having contractions at 17 weeks with dd and started dilating at 29 weeks. My dr. told me that progesterone is the hormone that keeps you from having contractions early on in pregnancy so the shots would help stop the contractions. He said I have an irritable uterus...LOL...and contractions can cause your water to break early as well. My progesterone levels with dd were fine early on, so I'm sure I'm worrying about nothing, but since I did have a MC in August, I'm worried that my progesterone might be low, maybe I'm just a worry wort! I just want to make sure if I get a bean it sticks for 9 months!

Wow Brit ur chart looks really good - almost triphasic? Fx for u!

Rcaf - such a relief that u had a positive appt. I know we're in diff countries but I always worry that after a year we'll be turned away because of our age (I'm 27) or they'll say we'll uve had stress this year so give it another 6 months. So good that there is a dr in the field that wants to help and such a relief that they'll only be a few minor adjustments for u and hopefully bfp!

Don't forget to update us smash! Things still the same ash?

Well.... DH forgot to buy the test while at the store yesterday... :blush: so I am testing tomorrow morning...

AF arrived this morning, so onto cycle # 6. Now just gotta wait on blood work to determine if clomid is the best option for me or if something else is wrong.

I'll respond back to everyone later as I've got to get ready for work. :/

Smash- sorry AF got you, hopefully the bloodwork will come back soon and reveal an appropriate way to get you pregnant ASAP!

I am 6dpo today and I woke up with weird cramps (they feel like the pinching I get during ovulation only they are right behind my pelvic bone on the right side). I also had a huge dip in temperature today, so I'm really hoping this is implantation!

Sounds promising, Brit! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Good luck testing tomorrow Ash! Hope this is it for you!

So I got my lab results back today and they're all very startlingly normal.

Glucose-73
LH-3.9
FSH-4.7
TSH-1.39
Testosterone-0.3

I made a point to stop by and get the lab values as I did not believe the doctor when she called and said they were normal. After googling them all...and taking into account that it was day -1 and not day 3, I can't find anything wrong with them. In fact, they're all good! I know it's not everything they could test, but it's the main ones.

I'm forced to conclude I'm both healthy and paranoid, at least for a few more months. Guess I will keep trying naturally. I've decided after 3 ovulatory cycles with no bfp or 2 annovulatory, I'll go back.

Maybe this cycle will be it. If I ovulate normally, I could technically have a Christmas bfp, though I wouldn't know about it until afterwards. Huh.

Smash- since your levels are normal what did the dr say is the reason for the weird cycles? I'm very interested since my cycles are really long and unpredictable as well. I'm sure you have mentioned this but are you using OPKs?

So the cramping I had earlier went way, although I am still having occasional pains. I was so tired this afternoon that I again took a nap when dd went down and I woke up with a terrible headache and I've had it for 6 hours now. I NEVER get headaches so for me its definitely a possible symptom.

Try2findbaby- I know what you mean about the drs acting like we shouldn't be worried bc of our age. I just turned 28 and my dr said I just need to relax and not forget that trying to get pregnant is fun. HA! Not for me, I'm a control freak who needs to plan our life to the T so when things don't happen on my schedule I get frustrated.

Good luck testing tomorrow Ash! And I hope we are all preggo by Christmas! (even if we haven't offically got our BFPs yet)

She didn't say. She said yesterday it was likely that I had a form of pcos but its a broad spectrum and since I ovulate on my own most of the time that I'd still probably be able to get pregnant on my own but it might take a while. Today, I missed the call and all she said in the voice mail was that everything was normal and to let her know if I had questions.

Tryingtofind, are you saying that the docs where you live won't consider helping you conceive after 27 years of age? I think I misunderstood what you were getting at. I'm 27 too, and I'd sure hope that wasn't the case! Usually it's when you're over 40 that they pretty much tell you it's a lost cause :p

Smash, isn't it just frustrating when the docs say that all your tests are normal, yet you haven't had a BFP ever?? Did your doc say anything about your DH, or is he good to go?

6 hour headache?? Ouch, brit! Sounds like you could be on the road to a Christmas BFP! Fx for ya! I'm excited :D

AFM, my DH is discouraged after I told him my doc thinks our fertility issues most likely lie with him. He's nervous about having a doc "inspect his nuts" as he says. I told him we haven't even had my HSG yet to know for sure that I'm 100% normal, so not to worry. But at the same time, I don't want him to delay making an appointment. Then again, we've been doing this for 2 years, so what's a few more days/weeks' wait? :p

So I decided to hold off one more day. I decided since both me and my DH will be home together tomorrow morning that I could wait one more day!!!! My reasoning was that it is more than likely going to be a BFN and I know that I am going to break down crying. This way he will be there to hold my hand! :/ Maybe I will get lucky and it will be a BFP and I can have my early Christmas present tomorrow!

RCAF-The doctor sort of dismissed DH after I told her that he has a son. However, he's okay with going to get tested (well, he says he is but I guarantee he will keep finding reasons to postpone it, then again he does that with all doctors' visits). Realistically, when I actually think about it, we haven't been trying that long. There are seven cycles in which it could have happened but the first two were months 2&3 off birth control and we were mostly still preventing but not consistently, so I don't know if I was ovulating or if we timed things right. Cycle 3, we started trying and I still think I might have had a super early chemical due to the pink/brown bleeding I got 7-8 dpo but no bfp. Cycle 4- we did everything right but bfn. Cycle 5- I got a yeast infection right around o time and apparently that makes a hostile environment for the sperm. Cycle 6-I didn't ovulate. Cycle 7-this month, ovulated once, only bded once in fertile time sheerly by accident. So all in all, there very easily could be nothing wrong. I was nervous because I was told I had polycystic ovaries before and then I started ovulating irregularly. So all in all, since my hormones seem to be okay now, I'm going to give it a few months again and then if necessary, go back and see what else they can do. I still think I have PCOS and the doctor agreed but said there's a wide range of the disorder and I'm on the mild end and probably can get pregnant on my own, it just might take a little longer. But yes, still frustrating. I was sorta hoping for "yep, this one thing is wrong but take a pill once a day and you'll be pregnant next month." Which of course wasn't going to happen but nice thought!

Ash-looking at your chart again, it looks like you may have ovulated and even had an implantation dip, but I think you'll only be 8 dpo tomorrow if so, so don't be too disappointed if its bfn! FX and lots of baby dust for you and Brit!

Ash- I agree with Smash, it looks like you may have just Oed where FF drew your line. But it still doesn't explain the period of high temps before that.

Smash- I know what you mean about a magic pill. I feel like I want my dr to give me something to magically make me O on day 14 and take all the pressure on each cycle off. I feel like it would be so much easier to see a BFN if I knew I would have another chance in 2 weeks. Instead I have to wait a whole month to O again. I think I may be like you, and have a mild form of PCOS and the dr would probably say the same thing that it will just take longer for me but I can do it naturally, ARRRGGG that is so frustrating :growlmad: but like you said it really doesn't look like you have been "actually ttc" for very long, so hopefully you will zero in on your O day and bd, bd, bd as much as you can!

I feel much better today, I'm glad I'm not feeling sick like yesterday, but now I'm worried that I don't have any symptoms LOL. My temp did rebound this morning so that is a good sign I suppose. Dh is finallly off work for the weekend, so hopefully spending time with him and dd will keep my mind off testing until Monday! I'll be 9dpo on Mon and will probably test then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->