sick of waiting for bfp - come on October

Smash I didn't get my bfp until 9 dpo and it was really faint on a wondfo but frer wasn't pos til 10 dpo so with the type of test you are using I prob wouldn't have gotten a bfp until 12dpo. So plenty of time! I did notice cramping on 9 and 10 dpo.

Ash good luck with the vitex! Have you ever had your thyroid checked? That is what was causing my long cycles.

Smash I didn't get my bfp until 9 dpo and it was really faint on a wondfo but frer wasn't pos til 10 dpo so with the type of test you are using I prob wouldn't have gotten a bfp until 12dpo. So plenty of time! I did notice cramping on 9 and 10 dpo.

Ash good luck with the vitex! Have you ever had your thyroid checked? That is what was causing my long cycles.

No I haven't but my sister has hypothyroidism... She began to gain a lot of weight and has issues with cysts on her ovaries.... She now has to take medicine for her thyroid issue. I should go and have mine checked out... :/

Yeah mine runs in the family also. I got my bfp 2 weeks after starting my thyroid meds :happydance:

My dr said with hypothyroidism you are basically infertile and if you do conceive the risk of mc is high. I'm hoping my levels have normalized.

My dr said with hypothyroidism you are basically infertile and if you do conceive the risk of mc is high. I'm hoping my levels have normalized.

Well, I know a girl I work with who has it as well and she keeps popping babies out... I plan to try and go to my doctor soon and see if I can get tested but I work 3rds and my husband works seconds... And my only day off is Sunday... :/ So it is all about trying to find the time!

Hi ladies! I had my first ultrasound today and everything looks great! We saw the gestatational sac the yolk sac and a tiny white dot that was the baby all measuring at 5 wks 3 days. Too early for a heartbeat by a day or two according to the dr so I go back in 12 days for another scan so we can see it.

Smash any luck this cycle?

Ash let us know what the dr says tomorrow!

Very exciting, Brit!!

Nope, af started for me yesterday but that's okay.

On the plus side, we found out that we are eligible to adopt internationally from Bulgaria so we've done a 180 and are looking at Bulgarian children who need homes. We're trying to decide between a 2 year old boy and a 3 year old girl right now but hopefully we will have a hold on one of them by the weekend, and will get to meet them in 6 or so months and bring them home in about a year!

That is wonderful news smash! Keep us posted!

Omg smash! Congratulations!! That is so exciting! Definitely keep us posted. So strange where we've all ended up, if I'd have told us 6 months ago we wouldn't have believed it!

So pleased everything's cooking nicely in there Brit! Can't believe I still have another 3 wk before I see him or her - its only because I'm nosey and want to see for myself that everything's all good, fx!

Hey everybody,

How is everyone doing?

I have exciting news! No, I'm not pregnant. But I just got off the phone with an adoption agency who told us that the little girl we've been hoping to adopt for the past week plus is almost certainly probably going to be ours! It's not 100% yet, but I'm super thrilled!!! She's 3 with dark brown hair and eyes and is super adorable! Kinda looks a bit like me, actually.

There are still hoops to jump through and a slight possibility that the agency won't get her file-but all in all I'm thrilled! I think this must be what it feels like to get a bfp. :)

I'll keep you all posted.

Wow smash that is such great news! Where is the little girl from? When would she be able to come home? Yeah probably exactly what a bfp feels like super excited at the probability of a child but scared bc of the risk something will go wrong!

Afm I had spotting twice when I wiped on tues. I completely panicked and called my dr. He had me come in for an ultrasound and we got to see a beautiful strong heartbeat and baby measuring right on track! Dr found a small fluid filled sac in my uterus near my cervix and said this is prob what caused the bleeding. He said it should pass on its own and won't hurt the baby. I have another ultrasound on tues to check on it again.

How is everyone else?

Smash that is so exciting - congratulations! Thankfully it's not a bfp - can u imagine giving birth to a 3 yr old?! So happy for u smash :)

10 wks Monday and no scan yet :( got to wait til may 14th, seems a long wait! Anyone heard from rcaf?

Hey everyone!!

I'm so sorry I have been absent. I hope you all still remember me ;) Congrats to all of you who finally got your BFPs/Adoption success!

I took a break from ttc and bnb because it was stressing me out quite frankly. I didn't want to start getting depressed and such so I just decided to focus on something else, like getting a handle on a career. I found a school in OKC that has a Speech Language Pathology Assistant program that I'm currently in stage two of the application process. I passed all three entrance/placement exams (math, reading, writing) with great scores! I was so nervous because I hadn't looked at any math in about 10 years, so I'm extra happy that I got an 86%! Yay for studying. Anyway, I will probably hear the final decision sometime in July.

The day after my success is Math, I still had high temps so decided to take a test at 15 dpo....and....BFP!!!! OMG OMG BFP!!! Finally!!! I was so thrilled and jittery and triple checking the tests (yes, i took two, then another when DH came home so he could experience watching the second line appear). I called him at work straight away at 8am after I saw the result and yelled into the phone, "We did it! We made a baby!!!" He was stunned, and was at a loss for words. He was freaking out a bit though, talking about college funds and how we'd pay for it, etc. and I was like, "um....we still have like 19 years. Relax. One step at a time!" But now, two days later, he's super excited. We even started looking at Target's baby section yesterday while running errands. Finally, our 3rd room will be something other than a storage area, and all those little cute baby paraphernalia we bought long ago can be dusted off and put to use!! YAY! It still hasn't sunk in yet, honestly, believe it or not, but we are SUPER SUPER EXCITED!

Rcaf congrats!!! I'm so happy for you! :happydance:

How is everyone else doing?

Rcaf that is amazing! Many congratulations. It really completely knocks u over - after trying to get your head around that it won't ever happen and then it does! It took me to the scan at 12 weeks to accept it and I started showing last week so just waiting for movements and I think I've felt a few but nothing like pow! It's just an amazing miracle :) happy and healthy 9 months!

Thank you ladies! I still have the FirstResponse test on the side of the tub and when I pass it, I remember that I'm really pregnant and it is like finding out all over again. I'm going to go nuts at this rate lol! But I can't throw it out for some reason.

H&H 9 to you guys if I haven't wished it already ;)

I'm predicted a girl too, Trytofind :) We will see how true it is soon enough!
I've signed up for a couple baby websites already and I haven't even been to my first doc's appointment lol. The thing is, I was due for a well-woman exam (annual pelvic) and then the tornado happened and blew away my doc's office! So I had to reschedule and the new date is next tuesday, which is 4 weeks before my first midwife appointment, so it should be interesting getting checked down there twice lol. I'm hoping to get a blood preg test done at the first appointment, that's why i haven't canceled it ;)

Congrats ladies! I still have had no AF so i will be testing again on Monday morning.

Rcaf do you live in okc?

Rcaf and trytofind I think the Chinese predictor is opposite for me as it said boy for my daughter and boy again this time but I think it's another girl. I have my gender scan on Friday!!

Ash how many days post o are you now? Did you confirm o with a temp rise?

Brit, yes I live in Moore, right where the tornado went through, about 1 mile from my house! Too close for comfort, but thankfully we have a tornado shelter underground.

Yay! You must be so excited for the gender scan! What are you hoping your baby will be?

Ash, my continued high temps were what alerted me to the possibility of pregnancy before I decided to test. If it's still high on the day you expect your period, take a test :) Fx and Good luck!

I so wish I was in the states for the scans - u guys get them so early! I didn't have my first scan until 12 weeks and the 20 week scan is 2.5 weeks away! We're finding out and if its a boy I will be very surprised lol

However I definitely don't envy ur natural disasters! I can't imagine how scary a tornado is, did u know anyone who was hurt rcaf? Good luck with ur first appt :) mine was a bit strange - she asked my husband if he had been screened for Down's syndrome (because his sister has it) but there is no such thing! It's due to the formation of the DNA so it's not hereditary. Scary that there are people who should know about it talking and advising people. Plus we have a 1 in 2495 chance of the baby having downs which is pretty low risk!

Btw I'm sure Brit will back me up on this but u will have advice coming from every direction, ull even have people say 'I won't give u advice but my midwife said to me...' Ull have people judge u on every decision or thought u have on ur pregnancy - someone even told me I was selfish as I intend to breast feed!! So ignore them they are called old wives for a reason lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->