sick of waiting for bfp - come on October

Rcaf I'm so sorry about the tornado but I'm glad you weren't hurt! I live in wichita so not too far from you! Afm I'm ok with a boy or a girl I can see pros either way. But I'm absolutely dying to find out what the baby is, if its a girl I have a name picked out but if its a boy we don't have a name we agree on yet!

Trytofind I agree about people chiming in with their thoughts on your pregnancy and how to raise your child! It gets annoying and let me warn you it actually gets worse after they are born :dohh: people especially seem to have strong opinions on breast feeding vs bottle feeding and that issue was tough for me to deal with after dd was born. I had always planned to breast feed but my dd was born premature and was given a bottle in the nicu at 4 days old bc she wouldn't latch on. From then on all I could do was pump what I could and supplement. Anytime she got sick my in laws would imply it was my fault for not exclusively breast feeding. It's funny now though bc my dd is so much more advanced in her abilities than her cousin who was exclusively breastfed, born at 41 weeks, and 3 months older! So in my opinion as a mother you do what you can to provide your child the healthiest lifestyle possible but always remember that when it comes to your child only you know what's best :flower:

Ash are your temps still raised? Maybe you ovulated later than you suspected?

Well i started spotting today! I am not mad about since my cycle is half the length it w's last time

Trytofind - No I didn't know anyone who was hurt or killed in the tornado. No one I know had damage to their homes either, but some military folks did as they were collecting donations of supplies on the base soon after the tornado.

Ah, I forgot about the "well-meaners" lol. Not really...i'm afraid both my mom and my DH's mom will monopolize that area, which is the worst, because you'll hear it a lot more since they are you family ;) *sigh*. It's a good thing I live far from them, because DH and I will always have the option to simply hang up the phone ;) lol!

You both must let us know what you are having asap after you know :)
Have you joined any of the pregnancy forums on BnB? I'm still looking for one to join. I kinda feel bad continuing to post in the TTC area :/

Ash, I'm sorry you started spotting :( But I hear ya on being happy the cycle was shorter. For me, it meant we could get started TTC sooner than in other cycles :) All the best to you guys!

I've found the second tri forums a bit more relaxed - the first tri ones are a bit full of panic and negative stories which I suppose is only natural! Can't wait to find out what the baby is :)

RCAF I joined a group of ladies who are all due in December 2013. I agree with trytofindbaby that in the first trimester it can cause unnecessary stress as its inevitable that some of the ladies will miscarry. It was especially stressful for me because I've had quite a bit of spotting with this pregnancy. Its much more relaxed now that we are all in the second trimester.

Yea I did notice that most of the posts are titled, "Help!! Bleeding question!" or "Bad news" or "should I go to the ER?" lol. Scary stuff. And it doesn't help that I had a bad dream where I woke up to a lower temperature and was afraid that I was losing the baby, and then I got a call from my friend who's 37+ weeks saying that I need to come watch her daughter because she's in labour now. I couldn't even stop to figure out what was going on with myself and so was freaking out! When I woke up I was shaking. My temp did dip a little (from 98.9 - 98.6) but nothing serious like in the dream.

I posted in a group for Feb 2014 babies, so we'll see how that goes ;)

Rcaf - don't carry on temping ull freak ur self out! Ur pregnant now temps won't tell u anything they'll just go up and down and cause u unnecessary panic :) just try and relax and eat what u can lol oh my one tip is eat something before u brush ur teeth in the morning!!

LOL trytofind! I was only planning to temp until there was no more space left on my paper chart lol! But I hear ya, it was a little freaky when I saw the temps go down, but then they went back up again. I am paranoid and keep praying for a real sticky bean!
Oh I am usually awake when DH gets up and so we have breakfast together between 6:30 and 7:30 and then I nap and then eat lunch. So I don't brush my teeth til I wake up the second time. Why do you eat before brushing teeth? Is it cause the toothpaste flavour makes you nauseous?

Actually my morning sickness was only bad from lunch time on I felt great in the mornings! Hopefully you won't have bad ms but I was so miserable from 6 weeks until 9 weeks the only thing that helped me was sucking on mints all day long. I had zero ms with my daughter so I really wasn't expecting it when it hit! You will have to keep us updated on how you are feeling and I agree to stop temping they will go down and back up and there is no need to worry yourself about it.

I tried exercise today for the first time since discovering my little bean, and it felt great! I did the low-impact version, and followed with some yoga to stretch out my tight muscles. I think I can carry on with this regime throughout my pregnancy. I'm surely going to try anyway ;) Thanks for the tips guys, but I'm a worrier by nature lol! Oh how fun that'll be when our child is here! Ahhh!

Hope you all are feeling well today :D

Just that I found brushing ur teeth started a gag reflex (nice lol) so if I'd eaten I didn't feel as sick so brushing had less risk! I felt movements on Friday and every so often since :) it's made me relax a bit because I know baby's in there moving about. Although I think it must have somersaulted the other day because it was a weird whooshing feeling and then I felt a bit sick?! Lol I was counting the days to the first scan - that was the worst part so far ;)

Aww that's so great you felt movement! That definitely sounds weird feeling. Have you been sick a lot (barfing)? I hear I could start feeling nauseous and possibly barfing in a couple weeks. Did your DH get to feel the baby move?

Only sick the once but lots of nausea! Mine started about 5 weeks but fortunately stopped at about 10 weeks :) phew! It's not great though even for such a relatively short space of time...! Bit too early for dh to feel yet (hasn't stopped us trying) but having very regular movement yehy :) such a miracle. How are u getting on?

I haven't had any nausea just feeling ravenously hungry every 2 hours! It's so strange for me since I am not used to eating this much, even before I was pregnant. We were driving home from the grocery store today and I had to pull over and get the bag of chips we bought out of the trunk because I couldn't make it home without a snack (I brought a granola bar in my purse, which I ate, but that didn't last long). And then I was craving meat, and felt like I was gonna go crazy if I didn't get home in the next 5 seconds so I drove a little faster, and DH just shook his head at me and smiled lol. I almost feel like one of those diabetics that has to carry a small cooler with a sandwich and some snacks to make it through one outing!
The other thing I'm starting to notice is that I get tired by 8pm. Last night some friends wanted me to go to a concert with them, but I declined (much to their protests) because I knew I would be asleep in the chair before we even got halfway through the concert lol. I didn't tell them why though, as I don't really want to tell anyone until our first appointment, you know? But at tomorrow's picnic, when people see that I have an extra sandwich, we might have to tell them....*sigh* we will see. I didn't realize people noticed every little thing I do so easily, enough to notice these slight changes I'm going through...

Lol yeh the cravings are intense! I craved gravy - so much that I made a cup of it and burnt my mouth!! We told people early - I know it's unconventional but does it have a direct impact on the success of the pregnancy? No. Does it make ur life easier not having to hide everything? Yes! Might be worth thinking about :)

Wow rcaf that is some serious hunger! With my first pregnancy I ate alot and I gained alot! I started out at 125 lbs and was 160 by the time I had her at 36 weeks. This pregnancy I haven't been any hungrier than normal and I haven't gained much weight I started out at 119 and I weigh 121 now. However I feel so much better than I did my first pregnancy. I'm not as tired and I haven't had any of the back or pelvic pain I had before. I'm not sure if its because of the difference in weight gain but its nice to feel normal still.

Trytofind how have you been feeling?

On Friday we found out we are having a girl! She is measuring about a week ahead.

Aww Brit, two girls for you :) That's nice. What they say is true then: each pregnancy is different, even in the same woman!

Trytofind, your point about telling people makes sense -- it is a lot easier when you don't have to worry about who will find out and what if people start asking questions. Today my DH told a couple of our friends who are expecting their second child. It was at the BBQ I mentioned earlier lol! And it did feel nice to be able to let out some of this excitement we had bottled up for the last couple of weeks! Now to wait 16 days til our appointment to tell the rest of the world haha. It'll be nice to have a picture of our little sweet pea to show people ;) So now...7 people know, and they won't tell until we do.

Well today i had some spotting mixed with clots! So i am happy to say that i finally had a cycle shorter than 70 days!

I finally had a cycle shorter than 80days!!!!" Thank you vitex!!! My cycle this time was 67 days! I know it was still pretty long but thank heavens it was less than 80days!

Congrats Ash! Any idea why your cycles are that long in the first place?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->