Sigh

Discussion in 'Bride & Beyond' started by marley2580, Jan 24, 2011.

1. marley2580

marley2580 Well-Known Member

He's getting stressed about the wedding already. He's trying to figure out how to keep the wine cool (we're providing our own drink) and got narked at me when I said I didn't know. The wedding's 8 months away, I'm still thinking about dresses, caterers and celebrants, not how to keep the wine cool!

Still, I suppose I'm going to have to now sit down and start thinking about the fine detail. I really haven't got a clue when it comes to weddings lol.

2. Miss_d

Miss_d Well-Known Member

Where are you having the reception and maybe we could help, doesnt the place have like a cellar they are usually cold, or get buckets with ice, fridges

3. marley2580

We're having it on an old warship, so there's not much in the way of fridges etc.

4. Miss_d

Miss_d Well-Known Member

ahh get you now lol, is it safe for it to be left maybe outside and it will be cold with the ouside temp

5. marley2580

It'll be september, so should still be quite warm. I think we're going to get bins full of ice tbh. But I just can't believe he's getting stressed about the wee things already.

6. honeybee2

honeybee2 Well-Known Member

we were having the same problem when we were having a marquee wedding.

We thought about getting a massive vintage bath and filling it up with ice.

7. Timid

Timid Well-Known Member

How are your drinks being served? Is it help-yourself, or will you have staff on hand to pour, etc?

If it is the latter, why not invest at your local dollar store in some of those large plastic packing crates that you could fill with ice? Or perhaps 'tub trugs' - they're sturdy rubbery plastic round basket type thingies. It won't matter what they're stored in?

If it's help yourself, then you might need to speak with with your venue - I'm sure they'll have had this problem before and must have options/ideas to help :)

Good Luck.

Tx