Silly worry - what to wear?

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
Hi girls....

Just a silly worry - what do you wear to your scan? Is it like a smear where you undress your bottom half, or would a loose pair of joggers be ok?

Thanks
xx

I just wore normal clthes and took the bottoms off becasue I had an internal, but for an ordinary scan loose pants would be fine I think xx

you just need clothes on your bottom half that you can roll down to your pubic hair line - they usually then cover the clothes with paper towels so that the gel stuff doesn't get on them.

oop- just re-read that - obviously you wear a top too! lol

HTHx

Aimee you're ace!! :rofl:

You say all the things that are/would be in my head ;)

I only had internals so far, so had to undress the bottom half.
For a 12w+ I'm guessing some loose and pull-down-able would be good.

:friends:

:rofl:
i had this very worry!!! i ended up wearing a loose skirt that could be pulled down to 'hairline' :blush: or if they needed to do an internal (they didn't) it would be easier

good luck, whatever you decide to wear hahah! Guaranteed as soon as you see bubs on the screen you'll completely forget what you're wearing and not care!

I know it's really unimportant but anything to distract the mind from work/worry right now!

Thanks girls.

I always go to my dr appointments during my working day (9am-5pm) and I go in whatever I wore to work. I got really great "maternity" panties... I find it's hard to like typical maternity clothes as they all have that tie in the back that screams "I'm too fat for normal clothes" HAHA so I went to Lane Bryant for tops and Motherhood for bottoms (they have some great stretching pants for work/play that look like regular pants but have a comfortable elastic waist). I'm not a big girl, US size 9 average in jeans, and I have a larger than normal chest 36F non-prego, so I have a hard time finding clothes... plus I'm highly interested in fashion... it's been hard to be satisfied with clothes being pregnant. Lane Bryant is still really big on me, but I sew so I have altered the clothes to make them fit my personal shape better.

Hope that helps, I just pull my pants down to the pubic bone for scans(none of them seem to have buttons anymore). Old Navy has some really great bottoms for maternity as well...

lol! they only lift your top up and fold your trousers down a little! good luck

I wore quite tight jeans for my 10 wk scan, she only undid button! good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"