"Single Digit Ladies" (or negative digit ladies...) Part 2!

You must keep them very snug Mrs Murphy!

No changes here either. I'm optimistic (delusional?) my water will go overnight and kick start everything!

Thanks ladies!!

I'm extremely crampy right now... So I'm wondering if I even make it before the induction... Lol. 3 and a half hours and counting! Hope the hospital has Internet so I can keep you updated!

Yay Skittle! That is so exciting :)

I am being induced wednesday evening if he doesn't make an appearance before then... I can't wait to hold my ltitle man ♡

Past two days I've been doing a lot of #1#2 few cramps and lack of appetite!! My uterus feels so bruised and it seems like his head is way down but keeps pushing his butt up under my ribs!

Appointment was slightly disappointing! My dilation and effacement is the same as last week. If she doesn't come this week, I will have an ultrasound and be scheduled an induction date exactly one week after due date.

Update for now!

6:30 - admitted, checked my cervix still just 2 cm dilated.
8:00 - sent husband and girls home to get some rest.
9:00 - first dose of cervadil, slight cramping/tightenings
9:30 - babies heart rate rose
Now - on side with oxygen to calm baby down. It's working. :)

That's all for now! Will update as things move along. :)

Thank you for the update Hun! Will be checking back. Can't wait to hear when lo arrives xx

Thank you for the update Hun! Will be checking back. Can't wait to hear when lo arrives xx

Just noticed youre in kent too and our kiddies are nearly the same age - my first was the 3rd June and this one is due today :) doesnt seem to want to come out yet though :haha:

Just noticed youre in kent too and our kiddies are nearly the same age - my first was the 3rd June and this one is due today :) doesnt seem to want to come out yet though :haha:

Thats funny! I'm in Tunbridge Wells. How about you? Did you go over last time too? I was a week early, so feel overdue now at 39+2 :wacko:

If we go over our due date can we ask when we would like to fe induced ? In the uk there is a half term school break coming up a week fri . And the boy I foster is quite hard work so would prefer him in school whilst I go in labour . I know I may go into labour at night or weekend . And then boo hoo but if I have to be induced can I request it be sooner rather than later .

Thats funny! I'm in Tunbridge Wells. How about you? Did you go over last time too? I was a week early, so feel overdue now at 39+2 :wacko:

I'm in Rainham :) yep I went 8 days over! I was telling myself I was likely to go overdue again and to expect it, but it doesn't stop me symptom spotting and wondering "what if..." every time I go to bed!

Exciting Skittle and very jealous...

We are choosing not to be in juiced this time around unless medically proved otherwise. Lot of contractions and back ache and cramps that fizzle out. Fingers crossed I won't go to far over....

Just an update to say my gorgeous baby girl arrived on 11th October at 42+0 weeks. We went in for an induction on 10th (was supposed to be 9th but they couldn't get me in as it was too busy) at about 1pm and she was born at 9.54am the next morning by emergency c-section. I didn't end up really needing the induction as I was contracting well by then on my own. Typical ;)! They did put a pessary in but it dropped out and that was all the intervention I had, induction wise.

Good luck ladies, it is all worth it in the end! :cloud9::cloud9:

Congrats Lemonade!

Skittle, hoping that no updates means you're cuddling your little one now :)

I went in yesterday thinking labor had started. It really really felt like my active labors normally do. I was in town for an eye appointment for DS who is 3, and it was much closer to go to the hospital than home. When I was about 1/2 mile or less from the hospital, it faded, but I decided (with hubby's prompting) to still get checked. Yeah, nothing. Maybe at 3cm now and still only 50% effaced, and no progress for the hour that I was there, and just a couple of contractions, so the sent me home. It's completely fizzled since then, and I've had nothing overnight. Boo.

A side note, it's not easy to drive through contractions, haha. I wouldn't suggest it. And I wonder if maybe they didn't take me quite as seriously because I came in with my 3 year old ... nothing to complain about how I was treated, but makes me wonder what they think in cases like that!

Due today. I don't think it's happening any time soon.

Lemonade, congratulations! Glad you finally have your baby girl in your arms :flower:

Skittle, cant wait for an update! Hope everything went smoothly :)

SonAmyMom, sorry it was a false alarm! Hopefully it means the real thing is just around the corner. Im kinda worried that I will need to go to the hospital with both of my girls until my mum drives down from her work! My 3yr old would be scarred for life haha!

My due date is tomorrow and I'm not sure if I'll even know what I'm feeling is any progress.. LoL. I have a few friends who said they had no idea how to time contractions, or that they didn't even know they were having them until the doctor hooked them up and told them. LoL. I have an OB appt today, so I guess they'll let me know if anything is happening with the cervix check. I've been patient as this pregnancy has been pretty darn easy.. but I am ready to meet the miracle that my husband and I made already! :)

Had my regular doctor's appointment this morning. I declined a check since they had just checked me at the hospital yesterday. My bp is quite high for me, 140/80 (I tend to be around 106/60 when not pregnant) and I think there's a tiny bit of protein in my urine, but not enough to have them concerned at all. So basically, nothing

The doctor did say that we could decide, near the end of the week, if we want to get things going. I can call them Friday morning to schedule something for the weekend. I don't know if I want to or not. On the one hand, I'm really ready to be done ... and having baby over the weekend would be better for DH's work (he can take time off but won't get paid). On the other hand, I've never been induced and don't know what to expect, and prefer to go on my own if possible. My doctor doesn't generally do sweeps (he said that it causes contractions but not necessarily the right kind, and increases risks of infection), so it would probably be cervadil and/or pitocin for induction. Guess I'll just wait and see.

Am I too late or is any one due around October 21?

Apparently, a 1990 study found the average length of first time pregnancies is 40 weeks 8 days and the older you are the longer than might be. Hmmm guess I need to stay patient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->