Skin Tags

sarah_george

♥Proud Mummy!♥
Reaction score
Gradually over the last few months I have noticed I am getting covered in Skin Tags, they look horrible! only saving grace is there in places that no one except OH would be able to see, I never got these with any of my other pregnancies but ive read it can be related, anyone else got/had these and got any ideas on how to get rid of them? I just did a quick google and all i found was to get them burnt off by a doctor and someone suggested cutting them off with a pair of small scissors *ouch!* xx

I ahd a very small one on my collar bone, only realised what it was after picking it off :rofl: :blush:

I never had them with my other boys but got some now.Yuk.
I heard they drop off or just go away after pregnancy.
God,I hope so 'cos I do't fancy cutting them off,eeew!

My hubby pointed out I had a few on my neck. i think I will go for the picking off approach!

I had some around my lady parts!! I was shaving, and knicked them hard on purpose, they bled like bitches!!! I ripped them off, they kept bleeding, but now, you'd never even guess they were there!!

I have got them all over my neck. I grab and pull them off. The big suckers I am leaving for them to be burnt off.

Bah!

yeah i had a skin tag from before i was preggo and when i was nine weeks pregnant got it frozen off...then a couple more little buggers sprung up after that :dohh:
if i'd known they were likely to arrive in pregnancy i'd have waited til after and done one big hit!

i wouldn't recommend pulling/cutting them off as they bleed like no tomorrow and in my experience, mine appeared back when i picked it off so it was a waste of time!

just do a big freezing session at the docs once you've given birth!

They are horrible things Ive got quite a few. I think the docs is the way to get rid of them as they have a blood supply and (like others have said) bleed like mad. My doc said if you damage them (i took that to mean pick at them) they do eventually come off so picking might be a slower but effective option.

Since being PG I have developed about 20/25 skin tags on my neck - some a large but most are very small - I hate them they make my neck look like it hasn't been washed for a week:rofl:

I never got them with my other PG's

Yes I have noticed a few crop up.

I actually was just at the Dr last week to get a mole type skin tag removed (with nitrogen and then shaved off).... but that was much bigger than a skin tag usually is.

Please DO NOT cut them off, I can imagine this may be sore and may lead to infection.... either leave them til after pregnancy as they can disappear, or go to the Dr and ask about getting them removed now.

HOWEVER, I had mine removed 48 hours ago and still looks and feels terrible - stingy and annoying, so if I knew this before, I would have left it til after the pregnancy ;)

xxxxx

that's odd. I never knew that! I've always had them on my neck. Runs in the family. I also have one below and in between my boobs. I keep saying I'm going to get it removed cause sometimes it gets sore from my bra rubbing it. I had one on my neck and my seatbelt kept rubbing it and eventually it "died" and turned black. One day I was drying off from my shower and off it fell!

It's weird though. I haven't noticed any more. You would think if I'm already prone to them I'd be more likely to get more. Guess not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->