Smell cravings lol anyone else

jewbag86

Reaction score
I have a huge smell craving for the smell that comes out the tumble dryer ahhhhhhh smells sooooo nice lol odd or what lol

Lol I told my hubby I think I have pica only in smell form instead of eating :) the other day I wanter to smell comet bath tub cleaner ..I've had a couple weird smell cravings lol

I have a huge smell craving for the smell that comes out the tumble dryer ahhhhhhh smells sooooo nice lol odd or what lol

Not yet, but in my previous two pregnancies, I loved the smell of tires (especially new ones in the store, but even old ones. I'd get down on my knees in the parking lot to smell our tires, lol).
I also loved the smell of gasoline, so much so that I told my husband that if I could be an auto mechanic or work in a gas station, I'd be totally happy for the rest of my life. :lol:
There was also a permanent marker in our house that i couldn't resist smelling constantly, until my husband threw it away because he was afraid the fumes would hurt the baby.

None of the smells i craved were food smells. All of them were things that don't smell particularly great to me when i'm not pregnant.

The only "food" (or should I say "edible substance") I craved in my first two pregnancies was crushed ice. I'd walk down to the convenience store several times a day for a giant cup of crushed ice, which they'd sell me for 15 cents.

I also liked those shaved-ice snow cones (especially coconut flavor); there was a snow cone cart near our house, and I'd get those a lot. But I think i liked the ice itself more than the flavoring.

edit, to add: I did have pica during my first pregnancy, and ate chalk, sand, and several other non-food items.
It was a completely irresistible compulsion, and I guess it didn't hurt me or the baby any.

I love that smell! i have some towels in the drier:haha: can't wait to dump them all over myself to be warm and immerse myself in the scent.

My smell cravings are similar to my eat cravings - whenever I smell sweets, I drool! :haha:

My smell craving is the cement between brick Walls lol. Makes me want to dig it out and eat the stuff!! And I'm craving the texture of sand/chalky things in my mouth!! I haven't actually put anything like it in my mouth thou lol. I'm a rare breed I think hahaha. X

My smell craving is the cement between brick Walls lol. Makes me want to dig it out and eat the stuff!! And I'm craving the texture of sand/chalky things in my mouth!! I haven't actually put anything like it in my mouth thou lol. I'm a rare breed I think hahaha. X

No, I was the same with my first 2 pregnancies (haven't gotten far enough along with this one to have cravings, yet).
I wanted to chew on bricks, cement, rocks, etc. I ate sand and chalk. I can't remember what the appeal was, just that I could not resist it.
I wasn't going to admit this, but I even ate cat litter (clean cat litter out of the bag, of course, not dirty litter). It was made out of little chips of dried clay, and it was about the best thing in the world. I was so embarrassed, and afraid that my husband would find out and think I was crazy, lol!
I just couldn't help myself.
I never learned about pica until much later, but I guess that's what i had.

I've started wearing Ralph Lauren Blue perfume again - haven't worn it since I was about 15 and now I can't get enough of it. Really strange! Also love the smell of coffee beans although I'm struggling with the taste of it at the moment!

I loved the smell of leather really early on - around 6-10 weeks. Couldn't stop smelling my handbag!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->