SMP - actual take home amount?

golcarlilly

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
Hi ladies, sorry I am gatecrashing from second tri with a quick question!

I am entitled to SMP at the standard rate (£123.06) but have just found out that we get tax and NI deductions on it and just need to know how much I will actually get as take home pay? I am panicking now as I hadn't realised there would be deductions and I am going to be more skint than I thought:blush:

Can anyone help please?

TIA xxx

Monthly £533.26
Tax paid £6.00
NI £8.84

Net wage £518.42

That doesn't include a pension

Thanks Nat, I was beginning to think no-one was going to answer!! Is this just calculated on 52 weeks at SMP rate divided by 12 though?

Help please ladies! - surely most of you ladies on here get SMP? I just want to know an ACTUAL figure from someone who has already received it so I know it is correct I am panicking so much that I am not going to be able to afford to stay off work for long!

Cool, that is more than I thought, not less :happydance: Thanks Poloprincess :)

Yeah I get £493 but that's with pension taken off as well. x

For me it depends if it's a 4 week month or a 5 week month. So either 420 ish or 500 ish.

Me going onto SMP (as my employer paid above than for the first 12 wks) has put us up a band in the tax credits (from £10 a wk to £90 a wk) so it doesn't make up the full difference between my normal wage and SMP but nearly. You have to apply for tax credits as normal (based on P60 for tax year ending April 09) then phone up with a change of circumstance because you predict your earnings in tax year ending April 2010 will be a lot lower.

OOh I hadn't thought of tax credits changing - thanks for that!

I got about £480 a month, but i was paying into a pension too x

For March I got £473.99 net. Tax was £7, NI £1.73. This was at the old rate of about £118 so it'll go up a little next month.

Use this -

https://www.listentotaxman.com/

I use that loads it helps and is more or less spot on as I check my payslips regular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->