So I guess this is my first Two Week Wait...

:hugs: Haley! I'm so sorry to hear you have another struggle, and that your doctor was such a wanker!!! (isn't that a term you brits use? or do I sound like an idiot?? :) ) I wish you all the best at the fs next week. I know it doesn't take away from how you feel right now, or how hard it may be, but please realize that it is an obstacle but not an impossibility -- look at Missus!!!

Thank you for sharing your experiences Missus, and congrats on the :bfp:!!

:rofl::rofl: Wanker is defnately a term we use!! :rofl:

How are you doing Jeannette. Wow you're nearly 8 weeks preggers :happydance: that seems to have gone fast!

Hiya!

Feeling a lot better now! Got the report from the GP and the hospital had left the sample on the side for nearly an hour!!! It could have affected the result. We are paying to have a 2nd test done on tues. It's costing £80 privately but it's worth paying for. The service we get with private is brilliant. Why cant the NHS be like that?!

OH is in denial and thinks there is nothing wrong when clearly he does have a problem. I've got him wellman vits and ordered him some Maca herbs which are the male verSion of agnus castus. Hoping it helps with time. It takes 70-90 days for sperm to mature so we won't see results until sept.

I'm hoping my FS is a lot more positive than my wanker ( yep jeannette we do use that word!!!) GP!

I've started doing my opks again as can't afford to miss O with a more limited chance now. On cd 10 now, we have got to bd today and then he has test tue so I'm hoping I O after wed otherwise we will def miss the egg.

Thanks for all your support girls. You are all fab!!! I hope we all get our bfps soon. I think we have all been trying long enough now xxx

Hi Hayley,
great to hear you are feeling better. I can't believe that the sample was left lying around like that!!! I'm sorry but that is just ridiculous!! It's crazy that you have to pay privately to get a good service. Hopefully the news will be a bit better from the retest and that the vits and Maca will help too.

Hiya!

Feeling a lot better now! Got the report from the GP and the hospital had left the sample on the side for nearly an hour!!! It could have affected the result. We are paying to have a 2nd test done on tues. It's costing £80 privately but it's worth paying for. The service we get with private is brilliant. Why cant the NHS be like that?!

OH is in denial and thinks there is nothing wrong when clearly he does have a problem. I've got him wellman vits and ordered him some Maca herbs which are the male verSion of agnus castus. Hoping it helps with time. It takes 70-90 days for sperm to mature so we won't see results until sept.

I'm hoping my FS is a lot more positive than my wanker ( yep jeannette we do use that word!!!) GP!

I've started doing my opks again as can't afford to miss O with a more limited chance now. On cd 10 now, we have got to bd today and then he has test tue so I'm hoping I O after wed otherwise we will def miss the egg.

Thanks for all your support girls. You are all fab!!! I hope we all get our bfps soon. I think we have all been trying long enough now xxx

:hugs:

I would have thought that leaving it on the side for an hour would cause a huge difference???

ooh September - remember the psychic told your Mum that you would conceive in the Autumn???? Keeping BD'ing though, in case you catch that egg sooner!

They left it out?!?!!! Thats AWFUL!!! That will definately have a huge bearing on the results i think. To think such an important and emotional test the NHS would at least take the decency to do it accurately!!! What a joke!! Im actually quite mad at that.
I mean its one consolation they actually told you that fact or you could of both been none the wiser, but still!!

Hi ladies,

Hope your all well. I am grand. Had a few vino's last night. Hope you all don't think badly of me, but I am sick of putting my life on hold and getting BFN's.

Am trying to limit myself on here as well, as it just makes me obsessive.

Hope my O twinnies are doing well! No SS til at least 7 DPO girls! My AF is due on the 13th June and I won't be testing before then. Am not great at coping with the BFN's.

I am in great form though, and not as emotional as I usually am at this time of the month (since starting TTC, wasn't like this before!)

Hayley - glad your optimism has been renewed.

Mrs N - hope your having a lovely break, you deserve it.

Csunshine - how is your weekend?

Flumpy/Jeanette/Polaris - how are you all feeling?

Hey Leelee!! my Ov twinnie! Im the same this month, im not SS at all!! and thats a promise! Ive been through weeks with plenty of symptoms and nothing - so sod it, im waiting for AF to either arrive on the 15th or not, then i'll worry about it all!

I think that is the best thing to do, or we will drive ourselves crazy! Most people that get their BFP don't seem to have massive symptoms other than no AF anyway!

Hi Ladies....loving all the PMA!!! I am doing okay. Well, that is me being positive (trying anyway). To be honest I'm fairly miserable lately. I'm having a pretty tough time with ms and my oh is being a bit of a disappointment at the moment. He's still so wrapped up in his ex's behavior that he barely seems to be invested in me. I know he's scared of what she can do, but this pregnancy is about me NOT HER!!! :hissy: Sorry if I'm being a child and throwing a tantrum. Maybe my hormones are making me less sympathetic than I should be but I'm feeling very alone and pessamistic which is really not like me.

Hi Jeannette,
I think that being pregnant can make us feel more vulnerable than normal because we are so aware that another life is going to be dependent on us. So we need extra reassurance and attention from our OHs, I think this is completely normal, I'm not sure if it's related to hormones or just to the huge emotional changes that pregnancy brings with it. So it makes the situation with your OH and his ex particularly difficult to deal with. I don't think you are being childish or throwing a tantrum at all, but maybe you do need to talk to your OH again. I also think that part of the problem is that while for us women the pregnancy is very real and has a huge emotional impact from the very beginning, I think for men it is a bit different and it doesn't really hit them properly emotionally in the early stages (or even till after the baby is born in some cases!) so they're not really in the same place emotionally. I certainly find that with my OH, while he is very excited about the pregnancy and delighted about being a dad, I think it still feels very unreal to him. I don't know if any of this makes any sense when I read back over it, but just basically wanted to tell you that I don't think you are over-reacting or being stupid but that hopefully this is just a phase and things will get better.

I understand what you mean Polaris about it not being as "real" to them yet...it's an excellent point. And you are right about me needing to communicate with him further, and I think I am actually going to do it in writing. It's a long story that I don't want to bore you all with, but his ex is making certain demands on him that affect me quite a bit and while all of them are completely out of her realm of "power", there are a couple that I can live with and there are a couple that I cannot. I know oh hates to be in the middle and feels like he can't win, but I also cannot be a doormat. I can't always compensate for her insanity -- even if he is willing to. It's scary to think that we might not make it through all this, but being pushed past my breaking point to stay together isn't good for me, the baby, his son or my other two children either. So basically I was thinking to be clear and concrete I would make him a list of the things I can live with and the things I can't so he can decide how he's going to proceed.....does that seem to cold?

Hello ladies you have been very chatty whilst I was away.

Haley so glad to see you back with renewed energy. Hope DH knows what he is in for :sex::sex: n more :sex::rofl:

Leelee just hanging here getting ready to go to dd soccer game it's the last one this season! YEAH!!!!

I slept so good last night had a few beers fro the first time since Nov. Shoud have done it sooner I think :rofl:

Jeannette i don't think it would be a bad idea at all to write down how you feel and what you can and cannot live with. Men sometimes need it in black and white. Plus he can then take the letter away and have a real thing about it without it causing a row between the 2 of you.

I have had to deal with an ex-wife when i was married before and i know its not an easy situation - especially when all ex-wifes are nutters (hold on a second i'm an ex-wife now too so maybe i'm a nutter :rofl:)

I agree that it was disgusting that the hosp just left it lying around. Basilcally there is no hosp in our area that does SA which i think is absolutly disgusting! How can they just say "sorry Kent doesn't need fertility tests??!!!"

When i then found out we would have to go to a hosp an hours drive away the Cytology department said that we had to get the sample there ASAP and we had to keep it warm and dark.

My OH DTD at 9.45am and we got to the hosp at 10.45am and on the report it wasn't tested until 11.45am! They had just not bothered to do it!

I'm really hoping the extra hour made a huge difference to the sample.

Its amazing i rung the private clinic and they couldn't do enough for me. I know you have to pay for the service but it sure beats the NHS!

i've missed so much since i've been away!!! you girls do like to chat!! :D

how is everyone doing?

any major updates?

i'm so sorry but i just can't go through about a million pages since where i left off :p

well im suffering a bit from m/s but ive found apples in the morning lets me feel more normal :)
i've also got my midwife appointment on the 17th june! woo!

x

I understand what you mean Polaris about it not being as "real" to them yet...it's an excellent point. And you are right about me needing to communicate with him further, and I think I am actually going to do it in writing. It's a long story that I don't want to bore you all with, but his ex is making certain demands on him that affect me quite a bit and while all of them are completely out of her realm of "power", there are a couple that I can live with and there are a couple that I cannot. I know oh hates to be in the middle and feels like he can't win, but I also cannot be a doormat. I can't always compensate for her insanity -- even if he is willing to. It's scary to think that we might not make it through all this, but being pushed past my breaking point to stay together isn't good for me, the baby, his son or my other two children either. So basically I was thinking to be clear and concrete I would make him a list of the things I can live with and the things I can't so he can decide how he's going to proceed.....does that seem to cold?

I think that could be a good idea to put everything in writing. It also means that you have the chance to be really clear about what you want to say rather than trying to communicate and it possibly turning into an argument. Make sure that you explain to him the reasons why you are writing it all down when you are both calm and I'm sure he won't take it the wrong way.

Hi Jeanette,

Sorry you are having a rough time and feeling alone. I also think it would be a good idea to write a letter to your OH to explain how you are feeling.

:hugs:

Emmalou - glad the m/s isn't too bad.

Morning ladies

Jeannette - sorry you're having a difficult time :hugs:

Hayley - I'm sure having a retest at the private clinic is going to make a big difference - fingers crossed for you hun.

Polaris - 18 weeks! 18 week! is baby kicking yet?

Leelee and Loulou my O twinnies! I am not SS either this month. As you've said we can symptom spot all we like but it's really only the :witch: staying away that's the real proof. I'm not even going to prod my boobs! :rofl::rofl:

Good morning girls.
Well the rain has stopped here, thank God, after being torrential all day yesterday. Myself and OH are babysitting for the twins today - should be good practice for November!

Butterfly, loulou, and leelee - I think you are right not to symptom spot. I think that symptoms often don't really start until 6 or even 7 weeks anyway - the symptoms that happen before that are mild and quite ambiguous so that they could be due to anything else not just pregnancy. Even just being more conscious of your body can produce mild symptoms I think.

Yes I am now 18 weeks! :happydance: I am feeling little flutters most days now but no proper kicks yet. I love the feeling of the baby moving, it is such a special feeling.

Hi Ladies

Sorry ive dissappeared recently. been trying not to think about TTC too much whilst AF has been away.

But

Today :witch: finally decided to show today. Now im confused...am I extremely late for my last cycle or 5 days early for this one???

And does this mean my new cycle will start from today?

HOpe you are all doing ok!!!

xxxxx
:hug:

Hi Jojazz,
I'm glad AF has finally stopped messing you around. Yes your new cycle starts from the first day of full flow (not just spotting). So it doesn't really matter if you skipped a cycle or had a very long cycle, as you just start over from CD1. I hope this is a more normal cycle for you, hopefully ending in a BFP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->