So I guess this is my first Two Week Wait...

Thanks ladies!!! Still getting used to having a ring on. Its lovely, will try and load a pic up soon leelee :happydance:

loulou you take your temp the second you wake up, no talking, moving, or toilet trips before!! Get :sex:!!

Mamie hope you get your BFP this month - although its nice to finally see the witch once you've stopped BCP. Good luck

Mrs N :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Butterfly how are you hunni? Your right - we will take this journey together!! :hugs:

Polaris and Lou hope your both well and not suffering with ms yet?! Any more thoughts on having :baby::baby: Lou?!

As for me CD5 today - not going to temp this month i found it really mind consuming to do it every day, :baby: were the first thing i thought about as i stuffed a thermometer in my mouth. Will be doing opks from CD10 and have got my CD21 test, scan and follow up appt with hosp all in March, i hope that should cover everything, then next month i'm gonna get :baby::baby: with clomid PMA PMA PMA PMA!!!!!

:hug:

leelee it only takes one little swimmer!!!!! Hope you get your BFP this month. My OH thinks i get obsessed it, its sooooo hard not too especially when you don't have much control over it. Keep temping just incase you haven't O'd yet as you've only been temping a few days. Maybe try cheap opks as well as they give you advance warning rather than temping telling you after the event.

xx

Ive took it pretty easy this month, me and oh have been like passing ships, either he's working late or I am! so if its not this month, I wont be that down on AF day because i said id BD loads and I havent really so that will be the reason mostly, the lack of it! Plus im only starting to monitor it all now and get properly into it, i hope the next few months will go ok!!

Im only on cycle 2 so i wont get disheartened! Hayleys right though, only takes one brave little one to get all up in there!!

leelee it only takes one little swimmer!!!!! Hope you get your BFP this month. My OH thinks i get obsessed it, its sooooo hard not too especially when you don't have much control over it. Keep temping just incase you haven't O'd yet as you've only been temping a few days. Maybe try cheap opks as well as they give you advance warning rather than temping telling you after the event.

xx

Great to see you back and so positive Hayley. I didn't realise that OPK's tell you that you are about to ovulate. Could you explain them to me in plain English! Will order them for next month then. Am away with work tonight but will BD for the rest of the week just in case. I used pre-seed last night. It was very good I thought!

It is cycle 2 for me this month as well. I am very relaxed about it this month and am only starting to be more pro-active about charting so will feel more prepared next month if it doesn't happen this month.

i can't decide whether or not I think I'm pg this month! on the one hand, today I have been getting some very :witch: like cramps, and on the other I am getting some very definate and very strong waves of nausea! and of course the bloating :blush:

i also can't decide whether or not to start temping if I don't get :bfp: this time round. i do like being in control, and I am usually a very organised person - lists lists lists, facts facts facts :rofl: but then again I'm not sure I can take the added emotional rollercoaster of temping and opks.

am I decisive?? i can't decide :rofl:

i can't decide whether or not I think I'm pg this month! on the one hand, today I have been getting some very :witch: like cramps, and on the other I am getting some very definate and very strong waves of nausea! and of course the bloating :blush:

i also can't decide whether or not to start temping if I don't get :bfp: this time round. i do like being in control, and I am usually a very organised person - lists lists lists, facts facts facts :rofl: but then again I'm not sure I can take the added emotional rollercoaster of temping and opks.

All the symptoms sound good Mrs N!

The reason I am charting is because I am 32 so I don't feel like I want to waste a lot of time. If I was younger I don't think I would do it but I feel a bit more pushed for time.

Ive got everything crossed except the bare essensials! haha.

So i record my temp first thing in the morning same time, when i wake up? im such a novice at this!

Hi Loulou,

I am a novice as well. As you can see by mine I have just started as well. Keep a notepad by your bed and take your temp as soon as you wake up. Don't get out of the bed, just take it straight away. It is best to do it the same time every morning.

I think I may have ovulated today or yesterday and just BD'd yesterday once so I am worried now that it wasn't enough :cry:

Hi Loulou yes try to take your temp at same time every morning - or within half an hour anyway.

Leelee - how long is your cycle normally?

Well done on pre-seed, my oh would class me as insane if i suggested it for baby making might have to pretend its a new thing from durex!!!! lol

Now for the science lesson - Basically before you ovulate your progesterone and LH levels are very low. Your ovary then starts to produce LH to trigger your body to release an egg, when the LH surge is triggered the opks become pos and you will be ovulating within the next 12 - 48 hours, hence once you get a pos opk get BDing for the next 3 days to hopefully have the sperm waiting for the egg when its released. Now once the egg has been released your body stops producing LH and then produces progesterone, this is what increases your BBT its a heat hormone. The progesterone is needed to keep the egg viable for conception - once conception occurs then the egg produces hormones to keep your temp up past 14 dpo, if no conception then the progesterone level drops and so you start your AF and your BBT drops. Temping proves you've O'd but its too late to do anything about it as your egg can only be fertilized for 12 hours, but opks give you a fab chance of catching it before you O.

Hope that all makes sense hun xxx

Haley, Congratulations on your engagement, that is really wonderful news!! :hugs:

Mrs N you are too funny!! Personally, having something to do with my complete control freak tendancies keeps me sane. Granted, it is more to obsess over....but I too am indecisive and at least I have concrete things to obsess over rather than the flimsy fabrications of my over-active mind. Okay, I'm not making any sense.

I have been keeping my distance from bnb the last few days because I think I am going to LOSE MY MIND soon!! (prob too late actually)..... on cd 36 and still :bfn: as of yesterday...should have gotten :witch: at lease 5 days ago if not 7.......have felt like she was coming a million times but NO!!!!!! She is such a tease! :hissy:

I temped last month and have decided not to this month as i found it hard going, it was fun for a mont for me but not every day, day in day out. Opks are easier as you can do them as and when during the day between 12pm - 8pm and once you get a surge you stop doing them.

Failing that do the old fashioned way and just have loads of sex!!! :rofl:

So i record my temp first thing in the morning same time, when i wake up? im such a novice at this!

Hi Loulou,

I am a novice as well. As you can see by mine I have just started as well. Keep a notepad by your bed and take your temp as soon as you wake up. Don't get out of the bed, just take it straight away. It is best to do it the same time every morning.

I think I may have ovulated today or yesterday and just BD'd yesterday once so I am worried now that it wasn't enough :cry:

Hi Loulou yes try to take your temp at same time every morning - or within half an hour anyway.

I have a 28 day cycle normally. It doesn't tend to vary too much.

Haley, Congratulations on your engagement, that is really wonderful news!! :hugs:

Mrs N you are too funny!! Personally, having something to do with my complete control freak tendancies keeps me sane. Granted, it is more to obsess over....but I too am indecisive and at least I have concrete things to obsess over rather than the flimsy fabrications of my over-active mind. Okay, I'm not making any sense.

I have been keeping my distance from bnb the last few days because I think I am going to LOSE MY MIND soon!! (prob too late actually)..... on cd 36 and still :bfn: as of yesterday...should have gotten :witch: at lease 5 days ago if not 7.......have felt like she was coming a million times but NO!!!!!! She is such a tease! :hissy:

Poor you jeannette - i'm feeling for you. Bloody :witch: just show up or bugger off!!!! Hope you find out one way or the other soon xxx

Well done on pre-seed, my oh would class me as insane if i suggested it for baby making might have to pretend its a new thing from durex!!!! lol

Now for the science lesson - Basically before you ovulate your progesterone and LH levels are very low. Your ovary then starts to produce LH to trigger your body to release an egg, when the LH surge is triggered the opks become pos and you will be ovulating within the next 12 - 48 hours, hence once you get a pos opk get BDing for the next 3 days to hopefully have the sperm waiting for the egg when its released. Now once the egg has been released your body stops producing LH and then produces progesterone, this is what increases your BBT its a heat hormone. The progesterone is needed to keep the egg viable for conception - once conception occurs then the egg produces hormones to keep your temp up past 14 dpo, if no conception then the progesterone level drops and so you start your AF and your BBT drops. Temping proves you've O'd but its too late to do anything about it as your egg can only be fertilized for 12 hours, but opks give you a fab chance of catching it before you O.

Hope that all makes sense hun xxx

Yeah, it defo makes sense. I will get them for next month. My OH likes lube anyway and I need to it to feel comfortable so it is just another lube to us. He knows the function of it but he is okay about it. To be honest, he is just happy to BD whenever he can!

Nope, that makes perfect sense to me! :thumbup:

Sorry to hear that Jeannette, it would drive me bonkers as well.

Thanks Haley....and your worders were so perfect!! I want to put them on a t-shirt or something -- show up or bugger off!! Can apply to men too :)

Hi Loulou,

I have a 28 day cycle normally. It doesn't tend to vary too much.

Hun you've still got time if you have a 28day cycle then you should be Oing any time from now up to CD14. If you've been Bding then you have loads of little swimmers ready and waiting.....

I chart my temperature every morning - it's ok - I stressed about it last month but not bothering too much this month. I'm not going to bother with OPK as I didn't get a positive last month despite FF pinpointing ovulation.

Mrs N - if you like to be in control - temp temp temp!!
Loulou - it'll be fine - you seem relaxed about it so therefore it will happen - keep up the PMA
Leelee - keep up the :sex:. Thanks for comment on pre-seed - we will be using that for first time tomorrow when DH gets home!
Hayley - fantastic to have you back with us :hugs:

Thanks Haley....and your worders were so perfect!! I want to put them on a t-shirt or something -- show up or bugger off!! Can apply to men too :)

I might just do that....... could be a lucrative business on ebay "SHOW UP OR BUGGER OFF!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->