So stuck for my 5 year old!

pandacub

Proud mummy to Jacob
Reaction score
Jacob will be 5 on the 4th December and I've no idea what to get him!
Well, actually, the problem is that I have TOO many ideas.. And I simply cannot buy everything I want unfortunately! I don't have a set budget, but I don't want to end up with loads of toys he doesn't play with (like last year)

At the moment I've bought
Small Star Wars Lego set
Marvel Lego
A few Lego blind bags
Marvel mashers x2
Transformers mashers
Imaginext bat mobile
Colouring book
my little pony plush

Still to get
Scooby Lego
Play doh
Some board games
Puzzles

I was planning on buying some dragons and Knights Playmobil sets & the castle, but I'm worried he won't play with it.. He's not great with independent play at the moment, but maybe this would encourage him.

My other idea was a wii u for Disney infinity (Kinda for me too!) but it is a lot of money really, and I don't know how comfortable I am with buying a 5 year old a game console (even though it would be set up in the living room & game time would be limited obvs)

I can't really justify buying both.

My DS will be 5 in March. We went OTT last year and my parents did the same so he definitely had far too much. I ended up buying things just so it looked like he had loads of toys and he ended up playing with something silly all day. I've set a budget of £150 this year (exc stocking and Xmas eve box) after realising spent £350 last year! 😮
This year he's really getting into transformers and Lego, so far we have got:
Spiderman Lego juniors
Batman Lego juniors
Transformers 3 step changers - bumblebee, optimus prime, grimlock and steeljaw
2 marvel hot wheel cars
2 playskool Autobot mini transformer figures

We also intend to get a few books, turtles lego juniors, new colouring book and felts, sticker book and some practical bits such as a transformers hooded towel for his swim lessons and a couple of Lego storage heads.
I personally wouldn't buy a games console yet but DH has an Xbox and wants to get him a Lego batman game for it, but I'm not keen!
Your list sounds great x

Once you get them into gaming theres no going back lol. Thats all mine ever want to do lol. That and lego

I'm getting my 5 year old ..
to share with his brother:
a wii u with disney infinity, mariokart, splatoon and marvel lego game

then:
Amazon Fire tablet
scooby doo lego sets
scooby doo teksta
Scooby doo remote control car
TMNT half shell heros sets
TMNT battle shell figures
Interactive Hulkbuster
Hulk lego set
mr potato head mashers
transformers hero mashers and marvel mashers
couple of board games
books
dress up outfit

DS will be 5 in Feb so a couple of months younger. Personally I wouldn't be getting him a games console. We have a wii (that predates DS) however it is rarely used by any of us.

So far he has some lego sets
Extra bit for his marble run
Books
junior meccano. (After trying out a small set bought as a joke for his dad)
A bean bag

He wants a couple of Planes and he keeps taking about Paw Patrol which he has only just discovered but I think he will out grow that very soon. My list is fairly short this year but hey he doesn't need anything. I plan to get him a new bike for his birthday.

My DS1 will be 5 years 8 months at Christmas and here's some of what we've got him -

Scalextric (like a basic, my first Scalextric)
The imaginext Batbot transformer which I think he's going to love as his fave toy last year was the big grimlock chomp and stomp transformer and he still plays with that now..

Scooby doo and avengers Lego sets
Marvel mashers
Thor dressing up costume, a hulk figure, captain America shield and helmet..
Snakes and ladders
Books

I would leave the games console. I ummed and ahhed over a Nintendo DS then thought no, he'd be on it all of the time! He has his life to play computer games but will only play with "proper" toys and games for so long..

Xx

Thanks everyone :D that's exactly what I'm worried about, that he'll become obsessed with the console.

I do have a ds that he plays Mario kart on occasionally, so may buy him a game for it, but i think I'll steer clear of the consoles until he's older :)

My lo is only 4 so still that bit younger. My possible list for him is pretty much the same as your list except for the Disney infinity. Last year I went totally over board and lots got either not played with or not played with properly so this year I'm cutting right back on both presents and budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->