So what are you getting from Santa?

Rags

Mother of 1 boy
Reaction score
I've been following Kirsty's lovey gift a day advent from her DH and it got me wondering what, if anything, everyone else has asked for - or is hoping for, this year?

Me, I'm hoping for inspiration from all of you. I don't have any storage or display space and generally I have everything I need. My family ask me for ideas because they don't want to get me something I wont love and it's strangely pressuring as I spend ages browsing to see if anything inspires me!

I'm not sure to be honest. Dh and I originally said we wouldn't buy for each other this year as things were tight but I've had so many extra hours I'm considering whether I want to hassle of adding him to my list now I'm almost done :haha: might suggest it to him. My mum hasn't asked if I have any requests this year so that will be a surprise, and MIL gives us money to contribute towards all the treatment food over Christmas so we've had that money already :haha:

I am hoping for one of these brush pots with my initial. I told Nick one idea but that got sold out before he could take action and then showed him these. He asked again a few hours later. So I am not sure he will remember. :/

Screenshot 2021-12-06 at 11.22.30.png

DH and I have decided not to spend lots on each other this year. We've had some many repairs etc at home so it's swallowed so much money. Plus we want to move next year too.

I've got him a bottle of Rum and my guess is I'll get a bottle of M&S Snowglobe gin.

My mum does spoil us though and I've asked for a few things for the house, PJs, slippers, smellies etc. I know she got me a new handbag as I picked it out .

X

DH and I have decided not to spend lots on each other this year. We've had some many repairs etc at home so it's swallowed so much money. Plus we want to move next year too.

I've got him a bottle of Rum and my guess is I'll get a bottle of M&S Snowglobe gin.

My mum does spoil us though and I've asked for a few things for the house, PJs, slippers, smellies etc. I know she got me a new handbag as I picked it out .

X

I could do with a new handbag :haha:

I ask for the same every year :haha: this year I've only asked for perfume and make-up brushes (he's got me them). He's bought me some stuff from Shein too but no idea what. He also had to tell me a present today (Nike gym pants) as he didn't know what size to get me.

I'm not sure to be honest. Dh and I originally said we wouldn't buy for each other this year as things were tight but I've had so many extra hours I'm considering whether I want to hassle of adding him to my list now I'm almost done :haha: might suggest it to him. My mum hasn't asked if I have any requests this year so that will be a surprise, and MIL gives us money to contribute towards all the treatment food over Christmas so we've had that money already :haha:
I think its lovely to agree not to get tor each other, it's a bit of a gift in its self. You've worked so hard to get a bit of extra money behind you, maybe something you could both share and enjoy together?
I'll look forward to hearing what your mums surprise is.

I am hoping for one of these brush pots with my initial. I told Nick one idea but that got sold out before he could take action and then showed him these. He asked again a few hours later. So I am not sure he will remember. :/

View attachment 1104536
These are beautiful, I hope he has remembered - maybe be was kidding you when he asked again...

X
I know when you've had so very much to do all year its difficult to justify spending extra, especially with a possible move ahead of you - it's all about knowing each other isn't it, if you know he will enjoy rum and he knows you will enjoy the beautiful snowball gin then its genuine happy smiles on Christmas morning.
A new handbag is a great idea, what is the one you asked for like?

I ask for the same every year :haha: this year I've only asked for perfume and make-up brushes (he's got me them). He's bought me some stuff from Shein too but no idea what. He also had to tell me a present today (Nike gym pants) as he didn't know what size to get me.
I'm glad he asked you about the gym pants, saves a boxing day trip back to the shops to swap them.
What perfume would you like?

I’m hoping for some new perfume too ! Gone off the ones I have whether that’s pregnancy related or just boredom haha . Not sure which one I want yet .

Some new pjs and slippers would be nice too ! We usually go all out for birthdays and concentrate on the children for Xmas !

I honestly have no idea what I will be getting. I know DH has bought me gifts already but I haven't a clue what they could be. I haven't asked for anything!

I know when you've had so very much to do all year its difficult to justify spending extra, especially with a possible move ahead of you - it's all about knowing each other isn't it, if you know he will enjoy rum and he knows you will enjoy the beautiful snowball gin then its genuine happy smiles on Christmas morning.
A new handbag is a great idea, what is the one you asked for like?

I can't remember now ha ha. Its a yellow/orange colour and more of a going out bag then day to day. Thing is I was there when I picked it but now can't remember how it looked....

I think its lovely to agree not to get tor each other, it's a bit of a gift in its self. You've worked so hard to get a bit of extra money behind you, maybe something you could both share and enjoy together?
I'll look forward to hearing what your mums surprise is.

We talked about it this morning and said we'll get the boys to just choose a gift each for us so we've got a little something to open. I expect this means that I'll mostly have chocolate, not that I mind :haha: there's not really anything I want, and he has mentioned one thing which I'll get him as his gift from the baby because he can't really pick anything :haha:

I'm glad he asked you about the gym pants, saves a boxing day trip back to the shops to swap them.
What perfume would you like?

He felt gutted he had to ask me lol.
I've asked for Ghost orb of the night and Ari by Ariana Grande (I normally have Moonlight or Noir by Juicy Couture). I really like the smell of La Vie Est Belle by Lacome so might add it to my list.

He felt gutted he had to ask me lol.
I've asked for Ghost orb of the night and Ari by Ariana Grande (I normally have Moonlight or Noir by Juicy Couture). I really like the smell of La Vie Est Belle by Lacome so might add it to my list.
I'm awful with perfume, there are a few I like the smell of briefly but quickly they become overpowering and I begin to have a headache , it's a shame really because I love the idea of being give expensive perfume, all the lovely bottles.

I know what you mean rags! It really would be lovely! But I have had the same two perfumes for decades now (one for summer, the other for winter) they are just part of “me” and I couldn’t change. Plus, since I use them only occasionally the bottles tend to last. Shame, cause I do love looking at pretty bottles, especially those classic ones by Annik Goutal lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->