• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Softcup Users: The Official 2010 Testing Thread!!

Holls you can get them from the softcup website... it's cheaper.

Well ladies I am gonna be NTNP for a few months.. My DH has a few medical conditions he needs to over come.. And also I need to loose a LOT of weight to feel comfortable.. So I will be in from time to time.. But I wanted to say GOOD LUCK.!! HOPE YOU ALL GET YOUR :bfp: SOON.!!

I used softcups and preseed this cycle and got a :bfp: at 10 days post ovulation, on September 24, 2010.

I used softcups and preseed last cycle but no BFP last cycle.

Congratulations medicine x
Sweetpea - hope you are keeping well. Not sure if I said, but put me down for a BFN yet again. I was gonna give up softcups now, but DH sperm are low volume, low motility etc etc, so we are going to do insemination (so can be sure all the sperm are right on my cervix) and softcup to keep them in, until we go for our fertility treatment.

Congrats Medicine! :happydance: I am going to be trying preseed and softcups this cycle. How long were you trying before you starting using them?

Thank you luv his face, mushypea, and Luv. :flower:

Congrats Medicine! :happydance: I am going to be trying preseed and softcups this cycle. How long were you trying before you starting using them?

This is my fifth cycle of TTC and I think this is perhaps my 3rd cycle of using Softcup and Preseed. I started using them once I understood what Softcup and Preseed did to help.

I also used grapefruit juice to help with cervical mucus, and it helped a lot. I think the B50-Complex I took for two cycles was a huge help too, because I got a positive OPK one day sooner than normal, and it straightened out my Basal Body temperatures before ovulation. Usually, I get a temperature spike on the day I get a positive OPK, and the next day I get a temperature dip, and then the temperature goes up and stays up during the luteal phase. But this time I didn't get the temperature spike and dip around the time of ovulation. I think this was because of the B50-complex. I think I will continue to take the B50-Complex vitamins. I got my BFP on September 24, 2010.

:hugs: mushy, so sorry AF showed up. Sounds like you have a good plan with using the Softcups until you start up the fertility treatments... give those swimmers the best chance possible!

My testing date for August was August 31, 2010, and My testing date for September was September 24, 2010.

My testing date for August was August 31, 2010, and My testing date for September was September 24, 2010.

Hey medicine, how did you go about using the softcups and pre-seed? I started a thread with a question on it but no one is answering. :(

Thanks!

Hey medicine, how did you go about using the softcups and pre-seed? I started a thread with a question on it but no one is answering. :(

Thanks!
I do self-insemination using donor sperm, so the way I do it may be different from the way others who BD with their OH's do it.

I first insert pre-seed into me and then I place the donor sperm into the softcup and then add some pre-seed to the softcup and kind of mix the sperm and the pre-seed around a little.

Then I insert the softcup the way the video on the softcup website shows. There are two videos that are helpful, one is on the softcup website, and then another one is on youtube.

Two Videos for how to insert the Softcup Properly:

(#1) Softcup Insertion and Removal Instructions

Video on the softcup website: https://www.softcup.com/video.html
-or-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th0X5iTXavE

-and-

(#2) INSTEAD Softcup Menstrual Cup - How To Use
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2drNCv9ac1I

So, for inserting softcup, I first squeeze softcup on the sides and then sit on the toilet first and then insert it slowly by pushing it in and down. But before I sit on the toilet, I lift the toilet seat up and then place a large towel or something over the opening of the toilet and then lower the toilet seat back down. I do this just in case the sperm-filled softcup falls while am trying to insert it. So if there is a towel there instead of nothing, then if it falls, then it will fall onto the towel instead of falling into the water of the toilet, and that sample won't be wasted. So I push softcup in as far as possible to be sure that it is behind the pelvic bone. I then use my finger to feel under the softcup to make sure it is under my cervix. The cervix should feel like the tip of the nose. I then leave it in for however long. Some people leave it in overnight, some leave it in for a 8 hours, but I think the recommended maximum time to leave softcup in is 12 hours.

Now if you are BD with your OH, I think the women who do this have their own methods of using softcup and preseed. I think after they BD with their OH, they somehow insert softcup while still lying down on their backs, but I'm not sure. Some have methods to be sure that the sperm gets placed inside softcup. I'm sure many of the women here can tell you how they do it.

Thanks!
I do self-insemination using donor sperm, so the way I do it may be different from the way others who BD with their OH's do it.

I first insert pre-seed into me and then I place the donor sperm into the softcup and then add some pre-seed to the softcup and kind of mix the sperm and the pre-seed around a little.

Then I insert the softcup the way the video on the softcup website shows. There are two videos that are helpful, one is on the softcup website, and then another one is on youtube.

Two Videos for how to insert the Softcup Properly:

(#1) Softcup Insertion and Removal Instructions

Video on the softcup website: https://www.softcup.com/video.html
-or-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th0X5iTXavE

-and-

(#2) INSTEAD Softcup Menstrual Cup - How To Use
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2drNCv9ac1I

So, for inserting softcup, I first squeeze softcup on the sides and then sit on the toilet first and then insert it slowly by pushing it in and down. But before I sit on the toilet, I lift the toilet seat up and then place a large towel or something over the opening of the toilet and then lower the toilet seat back down. I do this just in case the sperm-filled softcup falls while am trying to insert it. So if there is a towel there instead of nothing, then if it falls, then it will fall onto the towel instead of falling into the water of the toilet, and that sample won't be wasted. So I push softcup in as far as possible to be sure that it is behind the pelvic bone. I then use my finger to feel under the softcup to make sure it is under my cervix. The cervix should feel like the tip of the nose. I then leave it in for however long. Some people leave it in overnight, some leave it in for a 8 hours, but I think the recommended maximum time to leave softcup in is 12 hours.

Now if you are BD with your OH, I think the women who do this have their own methods of using softcup and preseed. I think after they BD with their OH, they somehow insert softcup while still lying down on their backs, but I'm not sure. Some have methods to be sure that the sperm gets placed inside softcup. I'm sure many of the women here can tell you how they do it.

Thank you!! I really appreciate your input. I will try this method by having my DH insert his :spermy: in the cup per those instructions.

btw congrats on your :bfp:! wishing you a blessed hh 9 months! :happydance:

Thank you!! I really appreciate your input. I will try this method by having my DH insert his :spermy: in the cup per those instructions.

Thank you so much. :flower:

I get the donor sperm from a sperm bank, where a tiny vial of sperm gets delivered frozen in a cryo-tank. When I'm ready to use the sperm, I first drop it into a warm water bath for about 5 minutes or so to get it from being frozen to being semi-thawed. I then wrap the vial of sperm in a few layers of toilet tissue and then place it under my arm for about 10 or 15 minutes or so to get its temperature to regular body temperature, which is usually about 37.0 degrees Celsius (or 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit). I may alternate between placing it under my left and and under my right arm if it gets too cold under one arm. That should give it as much heat as needed.

I then use a syringe and catheter to transfer the sperm from the vial to the needle-less syringe, or a syringe that does not have a needle. A catheter is just a skinny plastic tube that takes the place of the needle, since you connect it to the place where a needle would usually be. A smaller syringe is good because the amounts of sperm that I get from the sperm bank is usually 1 milliliter. so I use a 5 milliliter syringe that I had to order from online since the stores where I live only sell syringes that are 10 milliliter. The smaller and better quality syringe ensures that I get as much of the sample out of the vial as possible.

I then transfer the sperm to softcup and then add preseed.

So it is probably good for your OH to make sure all of the sperm sample is transferred to the softcup as possible. Since sperm samples are usually in very small amounts, it is easy to lose a lot of the sample if close attention is not paid to the sample. So if he will place his sample in the softcup, he just needs to pay close attention in order to not lose too much of the sample.

AF for me ladies.
Onto 50mg clomid combined with the softcups this cycle!!
I'm going for a follicle scan on the 15th, to check progress.

Next test day will be 28th October :) xx

Thank you so much. :flower:

I get the donor sperm from a sperm bank, where a tiny vial of sperm gets delivered frozen in a cryo-tank. When I'm ready to use the sperm, I first drop it into a warm water bath for about 5 minutes or so to get it from being frozen to being semi-thawed. I then wrap the vial of sperm in a few layers of toilet tissue and then place it under my arm for about 10 or 15 minutes or so to get its temperature to regular body temperature, which is usually about 37.0 degrees Celsius (or 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit). I may alternate between placing it under my left and and under my right arm if it gets too cold under one arm. That should give it as much heat as needed.

I then use a syringe and catheter to transfer the sperm from the vial to the needle-less syringe, or a syringe that does not have a needle. A catheter is just a skinny plastic tube that takes the place of the needle, since you connect it to the place where a needle would usually be. A smaller syringe is good because the amounts of sperm that I get from the sperm bank is usually 1 milliliter. so I use a 5 milliliter syringe that I had to order from online since the stores where I live only sell syringes that are 10 milliliter. The smaller and better quality syringe ensures that I get as much of the sample out of the vial as possible.

I then transfer the sperm to softcup and then add preseed.

So it is probably good for your OH to make sure all of the sperm sample is transferred to the softcup as possible. Since sperm samples are usually in very small amounts, it is easy to lose a lot of the sample if close attention is not paid to the sample. So if he will place his sample in the softcup, he just needs to pay close attention in order to not lose too much of the sample.

I was wondering what a catheter was because there is a commercial on tv that talks about getting your catheter replaced because of excessive usage!

Okay I will make sure that DH aims correctly as well! :thumbup:

:hugs: dan-o! Hopefully the Clomid will do the trick this coming cycle, fingers (and everything else) tightly crossed for you!

:hugs: dan-o! Hopefully the Clomid will do the trick this coming cycle, fingers (and everything else) tightly crossed for you!

F'x for you dan-o. Keeping you in my prayers hun! :)

Hi SweetPea!

I would like to be added as well for using softcup this month. It will be my first cycle using them, and plan to test around the 19th of Oct. Thanks! :thumbup:

Hi girls, i'm using softcups this months with conceive plus. It's okay to put it in but i have short fingers and i can't reach behind the pubic bone to hook under the rim to get it out. I'm worried i'm doing it wrong and i make things even worse. It's cd12 so according to smep we b'd today, dh decided he wanted to do it this morning. I put the softcup up for about two hours. Do you think that was enough?? Last time i left it in overnight.

Babydust xxxxxxxx

I was wondering what a catheter was because there is a commercial on tv that talks about getting your catheter replaced because of excessive usage!

Okay I will make sure that DH aims correctly as well! :thumbup:
Some also suggest that a woman should have an orgasm after the softcup has been put in place under the cervix. They speculate that having an orgasm after putting the softcup in place should help the process some how, maybe because it creates more cervical mucus to help the sperm to swim up through the cervix and then the uterus, or maybe it helps the sperm out in some other ways.

For example, I know one site that suggested that a woman use a vibrator on the clitoris to induce an orgasm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->