• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Softcup Users: The Official 2010 Testing Thread!!

So my husband and I have been TTC for 3 months, Oct 1st being the beginning of the 3rd month. A big problem with us is that he works a lot and is often too tired to BD on what I estimate are the most fertile days. Also, my cycle lengths vary sometimes by almost 10 days, so its hard to pinpoint when it is coming, so that means a LOT of days of BDing. I mean I realize we could wait for a positive OPK but sometimes those can be missed and sometimes by then it is too late. So anyway, long story but we are thinking about using the softcups this month, like on days that he is too tired to actually BD, we are going to try having him deposit into the softcup and i can just insert it and try that way on some days. I was thinking maybe its at least better than just skipping those days all together! Does anyone else do anything like this? I'm kinda scared to put something up there I feel like I'm going to hurt the sperm or my cervix or something lol.

lots of girls self-inseminate with softcups

now if i could do it without injuring myself or something that would be just perfect then lol

I was wondering what a catheter was because there is a commercial on tv that talks about getting your catheter replaced because of excessive usage!

Okay I will make sure that DH aims correctly as well! :thumbup:
Some also suggest that a woman should have an orgasm after the softcup has been put in place under the cervix. They speculate that having an orgasm after putting the softcup in place should help the process some how, maybe because it creates more cervical mucus to help the sperm to swim up through the cervix and then the uterus, or maybe it helps the sperm out in some other ways.

For example, I know one site that suggested that a woman use a vibrator on the clitoris to induce an orgasm.

I've also heard a female orgasm after :sex: helps the swimmers on the way, but here's why... When a woman orgasms her cervix pulses, this makes the cervix dip in and out of the pool of sperm, sucking it up so to speak:blush:

Hi ladies,

just wanted to let you know I got my BFP :cloud9:

Using softcups, cfbm, and preseed.... :dohh:

:kiss:

woohoo congrats!!

i've used my mooncup this cycle for the first time!!!

This is my second cycle using softcups & preseed. Hoping it's it for us

:hi: girls im thinking of using the softcups this month but a bit scared xxxxxx

Why are you scared caz&bob? They are so easy and it is so nice to not have that damp patch iykwim! How long have you been ttc#2? This is our 11th cycle :|

Just thought I'd stop in and say hi :hi:

We'll be using softcups and preseed for the first time this cycle, so fx'd it works for us... Quick question - are softcups easy to use? Do you think it is worth practising with them before we DTD? Just imagining the potential for it to all go a bit wrong and end up losing more than I would normally :dohh:

Hey just stoppin by.. Think I'm onto my 2ww.. haven't gotten a completely positive opk yet but i'm having lots of ewcm.. hopefully i can get a pos. opk and start 1dpo already..

sophie yeah its worth it to try before your ovulating but they're really easy to use for most women if you wanna try them out you should do it after the deed and not dry that way you don't waste one of those pricey cups and you can know how much it holds for how long and how much leakage you might have.

Caz- you'll do fine! they're a bit strange at first but really- they're fantastic. This is our second cycle using them. :)

Hiya! Can you add me back onto the list please?? Had a break for a couple of months but was on the old thread and i'm ready to go again now. Testing 23rd Oct having used pre seed and softcups.

Thanks xxx

Can you please put me down of Oct 24th? I OV early this month so I hope I caught the bean!!!!

Fingers crossed for everyone this month, hope it's a bumper crop of BFP's!!! :)

I was just counting on the first page.. is that really 50BFPs in this thread this year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->