• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Softcups

hi ya! from a diva cup user for over 2 years. :)

for the newbs that wanna use the cup for AF, the first couple periods you will need a panty liner because you will have accidents until you "learn" how to insert it correctly. the ladies with tipped uterus, you need to insert it a bit differently (Im tipped). I usually insert and then run my finger around it to make sure my CX is inside the cup

as for the lady who said her cup "leaked" during strenuous activity, I use diva large (Ive had two babies) I cant feel it and Im active duty military. our PT is pretty strenuous and Ive never sprung a leak :D

using a cup and the using a public "loo"
the cup can be worn for up to 12 hours. even for the heavy heavy bleeders like me, you can go 10 hours with it in and have no leak. Just empty/clean/insert it before you head out and forget about it till you get home :D

I never thought about using my cup for TTC, Im going to give it a go this cycle.

So I tried the softcups last night.I found them dead easy to insert last night- straight after :sex:

Couldn't feel it inside- even had to check to see if it was still there after I put it in (like---err where would/could it have gone!). This morning my CBFM says I am at peak OV time so I am definitely going to use it again tonight.

Removing it was a bit weird as it took a few 'wiggles' to catch the rim to hook out. I found it the easiest when I was lying down on the bed- so I took loadsa tissues with me but it wasnt too messy- you can see how much is in the cup which is kinda neat. I dont know if it was CM or :spermy: :shrug:

Fingers and toes crossed ladies...

mine arrived this morning! i dont think i ovualte for another week or so ill have to wait but i cant wait to try them!!

OMG! This thread has been an education. Softcups seem to be a bit of a well kept secret don't they? Some members on here have had good results with them. Statistically impressive by the looks of it.

I have ordered some. Hope they arrive in time.

Fingers crossed this is going to be the thing that tips the balance for us this month. This has given me new hope (had a mc in August and am sick of a BFN every month). I'm so glad I have something positive to focus on for a change.

Hey Anteater!
I stumbled across this thread earlier in the week and bumped it up- I am amazed it is not something talked about more often! I also thought the statistics were impressive but I havent actually gone back to check. I have just started using them. I also monitor my fertility using the Clear Blue fertility monitor which hit Peak fertility yesterday and today. I found them easy to use and a but fiddly to take out but I think that may be practice. They do dry you up down there- but I can live with that :)

I am so sorry you had to suffer a miscarriage- I also lost a pregnancy in September and along with it my right tube- We were told not to ttc until 3months after and so we are on the 2nd month of trying. This month I have ramped up :sex:, been more careful with alcohol and caffeine in the run up to ovulation and also took EPO. Not really done it religiously so if I get a :bfn: this month, in the new year I will be more militant:thumbup:

How long have you been ttc- and how long before you can try Softcups. I am waiting for the other ladies on this thread to OV so we can start Team SoftCup!!
:happydance::happydance:

Hi Minimin.

We have been TTC since the bleeding stopped after my mc, so that must have been the beginning of September. We conceived after 6 months of 'trying' the first time around.

I kind of expected to conceive within a couple of months of the mc, just because that was what I kept hearing was happening to others in the same position.

I'm hoping the softcups will arrive before Christmas because I am due to OV on the 27th. I have only used OPKs since the mc but don't chart in any other way (obsessed with checking dates though and I find the 2WW absolute torture).

I REALLY, REALLY hope softcups are the answer. If they don't arrive in time I will try using my mooncup but I think the softcups will be better because it looks as though they keep it all closer to the cervix.

I've told my DH about it and he is happy for me to try this but I think he will have to look the other way as he is a bit squeamish about some things:shrug:. He is willing to try anything to help us get our longed for baby though. Poor fella has been strictly teetotal since September so the sooner we get a BFP the sooner he can enjoy a beer again:winkwink:

Hey Anteater,
How did you manage to get your DH to be tee total. When I mentioned it to mine he laughed as it is so close to Christmas. I was told January would be more suitable grr!!
I hope soft cups are the answer for us too as I am one tube down :( also hope the remaining tube is good . We had also been 'trying' for 6months before getting pregnant in August- took them a while to figure what was going on- with low hCG rises etc.

I have been using the soft cup for about the past three-four days. I had two peaks Friday and Saturday according to my monitor- to signal ovulation. I have noticed since using them I am more dry- but when I remove the cup it is rather a weird smell (sorry if thats tmi :blush:). Not sure if my CM and DH sperm is making this smell as it is obviously inside for longer than normal??

Today is a 'high' on the monitor. From today onwards I dont think I shall be BDing... bless DH needs a rest :blush:! so I shall see what happens to the smell.. may end up being a deterrent to :sex: in the future :growlmad:

Hope your SC come in time.. where did you order them from?

I managed to get my hubby to go teetotal because the month I asked him to try it was the month I conceived, so consequently it would be hard to ignore that fact since losing our baby.

I know I am very lucky that he is dedicated to the cause too. We are both very aware that age isn't on our side as I am 35 and he is 50, so that is an incentive too.

Has anyone else mentioned they are dry using the softcups? How long do you leave it in for? I suppose it is likely to make you more dry as any normal discharge from the cervix is not getting into the vagina.

Crikey! The things we go through in the quest for a baby. Who would have thought it's the most natural thing in the world? I just feel in such a hurry to get pregnant again since my mc. Each month feels like an eternity.

I forgot to say I have ordered the softcups from SME Fertility. I've never had dealings with them before, so hopefully it will be OK.

Hey Anteater,
I will be asking DH in the NY if we are not successful this cycle. It seems unfair to me that we put ourselves through all this. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I am totally in understanding of the desire to become pregnant again. I lost our pregnancy back in September due to an Ectopic. I also have had my right tube removed as a consequence so we are now reduced in fertility too. It is hard to take in. I am also 36 and DH is 37 so time is ticking. It seems the most natural thing but for me it is so scarry to think it may be another ectopic and I lose the other tube. arrgghgh.. PMA

I havent read anyone mentioning the 'Dry' feeling. As you said, I think the normal environment isnt there so it will be more dry than normal. I kept them in either overnight for BDing in the evening. And morning ones I kept until about 6pm so about 8 hours. I think they recommend no more than 12 hours. The cup still has stuff in it after I take it out.

Hope yours arrive soon. It is lonely being the only softcup user. :wacko:

Minimin, I'm so sorry for your loss too my dear. It's not something you ever think you will have to go through and is unlike any other bereavement, I think. It must be doubly worrying now that you only have one tube, but hey, one is all you need:hugs:

Where are all the other softcup users? Pregnant I suppose:winkwink:

I'm not holding out much hope for mine arriving before Xmas now. I live in Basingstoke (as in... Basingstoke on national news due to being snowbound) so post is not forthcoming. I'm even waiting for my parents' Xmas presents to arrive:dohh: Poor hubby had to abandon his car in the snow and walk for 2hrs to get home on Monday night.

I have sterilised my mooncup today to use as a back-up (so to speak). Do you use the softcups every time or just around OV?

Oh My! It has been very bad weather wise where you are Anteater! I hope your softcups... well at least your pressie arrives!

I have only used the softcups this cycle. I read about them about three days before I was due to OV so got them in just in time. I think the softcup does a similar thing. Let me know how that goes.

I dont think we are expecting anymore snow are we? Hopefully all your goodies will arrive by then Fxd for ya!

Hey i did a thread on this last week, basically some girls from work and i (we're nursing practitioners) talked about how some TTC couples raved on how wonderful softcups are.

Actually i spoke to one lady who had been trying for 6 cycles with her second child and used softcups on her 7th cycle and bam first cycle using it she got her BFP.

I haven't heard any negative and next cycle im thinking about using softcups as well, anything should help right? and if it keeps the ... umm ... swimmers :blush: where they should be for longer and the cervix open for longer then thats a massive bonus. :happydance:

I sat here today and read this entire post like a book that I couldn't put down. =) I'm ordering some, can't hurt to try! They look big and intimidating, but if it works it will be worth it

Moochach& bellablu- I definitely think it's worth a shot:) Bellablu- I did exactly what you did& read the whole thread & then ordered some- you'll see mypost above- I'll be keeping u all posted in my 2ww. Today is 3dpo according to my CBFM & am still feeling a little dry down there. I guess it's still too early to start symptom spotting as yet! though of course I am :(

Aww, I look forward to keeping up with this! I'm sure I'll be reading a success post soon :).. You'll get your angel* [[Hugs & Babydust!]] .. :) Im new so i'm still learning to use everything on here... why the heck does my post take up so much space? :)

Bellablu- I only noticed that once you pointed it out! No idea why your post is larger? hmmm?

re: ttc are you monitoring anything else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->