• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Softcups

ive put in my diva cup after every BD, crossing my fingers that it works

YIPEE! The postie got through today. The softcups arrived as well as the presents for my parents, so I'm a happy bunny.

One problem though, my DH and I have spent the last 2 days arguing so not exactly conducive to BDing. Urgh! Why are men such men?:shrug:

It's great to see some others on here and Moochacha, that is very inspiring news you have there.

Good luck everyone. :dust:

Moochacha- Just re- read you post and caught the last bt about keeping the cervix open for longer. How does it do this? or even... Does it? LOL I didnt know this.

Anteater- glad all your packages have arrived. Let me know when you start using it. I am about 4dpo and have a weird tweaky thing going on around the ovary/uterus. eek. I cant help symptom spotting.

Good luck ladies!!!

Wow, if this month is a BFN, I think these softcups are really worth checking out! I just read through all the pages of this post - just like some of the other gals here - and I found it really positive that many of the gals from the early days of this thread now are listed as Preggers on their status area! :thumbup:

Does anyone know if Walgreens sells these in the US?

Joyalan- I'm pretty sure walgreens sells them, If not, try walmart... If all else fails, Amazon has them.. 24 packs for 7.50 :) Best Wishes* :hugs:

Moochacha- Just re- read you post and caught the last bt about keeping the cervix open for longer. How does it do this? or even... Does it? LOL I didnt know this.

Anteater- glad all your packages have arrived. Let me know when you start using it. I am about 4dpo and have a weird tweaky thing going on around the ovary/uterus. eek. I cant help symptom spotting.

Good luck ladies!!!

I know I'm a devil for symptom spotting too and get annoyed with myself every month for doing it. The month I conceived I had no symptoms whatsoever and didn't get any until 7 weeks, so no symptoms doesn't mean anything anyway:shrug:

[/QUOTE] I know I'm a devil for symptom spotting too and get annoyed with myself every month for doing it. The month I conceived I had no symptoms whatsoever and didn't get any until 7 weeks, so no symptoms doesn't mean anything anyway:shrug:[/QUOTE]

I hope the next few days fly by and I am not symptoms spotting too much. AS I am at home at the moment it is hard not to think of every tweak and twang. I did have some strong pains around my left tube/pelvic region around 4-5 pm today but it is all gone now.

I Must not symptom spot, I must not symptom spot, I must not symptom spot.

I reckon i will be doing 100's of those :)

OK at risk of giving TMI, I am pleased to say I used the softcup for the first time today.

It went in easily enough but I wanted to feel my cervix through it so that I knew it was in the right place. Cervix was playing hide and seek though so I just have to trust it's in there OK. It's certainly keeping the little swimmers in as it didn't all ooze out when I stood up:blush:

I feel quite content that everything is being kept where I want it. I just hope it works.

Is it OK to have a bath with the sc in or will the hot water kill the sperm?

Anteater-Thats exciting! :) I was worried about that, because online they look HUGE! :blush: I'm not sure about the bath thing, I wouldn't, better safe than sorry =] Can't wait to hear you got your BFP! :flower:

Anteater! Yah! I dont think a bath would have much effect unless water actually gets inside you. But as Bellablu says- it probably isnt worth the risk. Are you keeping it in over night or through the day. I did both.
Dont worry about the positioning- I think as long as you dont feel it inside you then it is in the right place. If you look at the videos posted earlier in this thread you will see there isnt any place for it to go other than the right place.

FxD for you! Lets hope we get our BFP. Are you 1dpo now?

Good luck ladies!!!

Hey i went away and thought about what my co-worker said about keeping the cervix open longer so i asked her. She meant the positioning of the cervix it stays higher. Like how women place pillows under their bottoms after BD.. well "apparently" softcup and others like it can do the same.

I assume that you will still have to lay in bed for 15-30mins after BD for the best results?

Since the perfect placement of the cervix for conception is soft and high maybe this aids it as well as keeping :spermy: close to the cervix. Or maybe she has it all wrong? :p Though she has been working in maternity ward for 12 years now.

Either way I'm sooo ordering some if i don't get a bfp this cycle. Good luck ladies :dust:

Merry Christmas to you lovely ladies. Heres to 2010 bringing us lots of health and happiness
Minimin xx

I'm with you Minimin. Merry xmas :hugs: I'm looking forward to a new year filled with health, happiness.. and of course all of our beloved babies :) Have a great one*!

Anteater! Yah! I dont think a bath would have much effect unless water actually gets inside you. But as Bellablu says- it probably isnt worth the risk. Are you keeping it in over night or through the day. I did both.
Dont worry about the positioning- I think as long as you dont feel it inside you then it is in the right place. If you look at the videos posted earlier in this thread you will see there isnt any place for it to go other than the right place.

FxD for you! Lets hope we get our BFP. Are you 1dpo now?

Time for a TMI update:wacko: I kept the sc in for about 8hrs today and when I took it out there was only a small amount of semen in it (not a puddle of it like I was expecting) but I definitely haven't had much come out so I am guessing it's all been sucked up through the cervix:shrug:

I'm not due to ovulate until the 27th, so I will use them up until then and for a few days afterwards and then it's that horrid 2WW.

Good luck Minimin. I really hope this is your month :dust:

Moochacha, thanks for that info on the cervix. It's good to hear something that a professional on the front line has said. I am especially chuffed about the best position for the cervix is soft and high because I couldn't find mine today, it was so high:blush:

I hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow and all our wishes come true in the new year. X X X

Anteater- It sounds all good if there was hardly anything in the cup. Do you normally get alot leaking- sorry if that is too personal. It is just a good sign it is doing something if normally it is leaky and this time it isnt.:thumbup:
Hope we both catch the eggy this month:happydance::happydance: I'll keep you company over the 2ww!

Ladies
lots of :dust::dust::dust: to us all.

Just wanted to book mark this site foir future reference.
Biught some softcups, gona use them this cycle.

We are going to start trying in the new year. I told hubby what I have read on here and his response was "anything that helps!" so I will be ordering some of these at the end of the month.

Fingers crossed the girls who are using them get their BFP's!

Premomt and Mrs Kangaroo! Hello hello! I hope you ladies both get your BFP soon. Are you planning to use softcups soon?
I am about 6dpo and have been using them this month. 2ww- arrgghhh
lots of:dust::dust::dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back