Softcups

i brought mine from Amazon &3.25 i think for 6 with free delivery. they had 24 for £22 but thought i would give them a try before ordering that many.

M2K- where about in the midz you from? im originally from west brom, moved to berks in 2004 bt going up that way the weekend to visit family.

xx

You have all convinced me how fabulous these are so i've just ordered some, hope they arrive in time!

Minimin congrats on the bfp, hope the dr's sort things out to put your mind at rest,

x

Oooh-ooh, lots of new people joining in:happydance: I honestly feel like you fellow softcup enthusiasts are my friends. I'm always excited when I see there's a new post.

Jojomac - It's funny isn't it because when you are with someone quite a bit older than you it can make you feel quite young but when it comes to conceiving I'm an old hag:haha: No, I know not really, but it feels like it sometimes. I wish we had met when we were younger.

I am lucky though that we both eat pretty well. DH wants a baby almost as much as I do so he's been off the alcohol since October (when we got married) and he eats 6 brazil nuts everyday, for the zinc for the :spermy: He has just started taking multivitamins too.

I take Pregnacare Preconception multivits and I don't drink alcohol or coffee (my downfall are sweet things). I suppose I am not so worried about our fertility (I appreciate how lucky I am for that) because we conceived before (ended in mc at 11 weeks:cry:). It's just a 'luck' thing I think. I may be wrong of course because last time may have been a fluke.

Laura6914 - Welcome! Good old mum eh! I really feel the softcups are a positive step forward. It's something very tangible that we can do to help ourselves.

I didn't have any trouble using the sc. It slips in a treat after BDing. I always removed them sitting on the loo and didn't have trouble there either. I did worry about it being over my cervix because I didn't know for sure but I didn't get any leakage so I think it must have been right.

Embo78 - Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate them.

Minimin - Thanks for the reassurance that you didn't BD through the whole cycle either. I know it's just a matter of waiting for the days to pass and all this distress doesn't help one way or the other. It is as it is. It's just the not knowing that's difficult.

I hope everyone is enjoying the snow as best you can. Does anyone else live near Basingstoke? We only moved here in May. I took the dog out this morning and everyone was discussing the weather, there's great camaraderie.

I'm loving the snow (when I'm looking at it through my window!!!) kids loving it too their schools are closed! Hence me being off work!!

Well the saga continues. I called yesterday to make a doc appointment and the doc answered and told me a letter to get Bloods done would be at the surgery for me. I went to the surgery, collected the letter and made my way to the hospital. Here I was told results would be ready the following day. Today I had the doctors receptionist call and tell me there would be a letter to get an ultrasound done. I asked if I needed it today and she said as soon as possible. As I am 4w 5d I am well aware there is a very high chance there is nothing they will see on the scan.
I asked the receptionist to tell me the hCG number and she said "oh your pregnant!" I wanted so say "yeah hun I know- I want to know the figure to understand my risk of another ectopic. The Doctor came out and said that it was early and she wasnt sure if Obs would take me and I would have to go down- what kind of SOP is that?

The scan was ticked to be at Obs and gyn department which concerned me as I thought it would be at the EPU- hence me asking if I was required to go now as at 1pm I knew it would be closed . I went along to O and G (9-5 opening times) and the receptionist said she cant book me in until 12 weeks!? I explained my history and she spoke to someone senior to her and they said 'No' plain and simple, if was not exhibiting any symptoms they wouldnt see me!!!!! i was gobsmacked not to mention furious! I call my surgery and the receptionist there speaks to the doctor and she says 'if they wont do a scan THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO"???? err WTF!!!

I then suggest the EPU and the receptionist KINDLY informs me I can try them. I thought it was their job to do this NOT MINE!

I didnt get a scan done. Have to go to the EPU tomorrow but the receptionist there hardly glanced at my forms so I am sure the tick for obs and gyn will cause problems tomorrow and I will be sent home again. Seriously- is this how person at risk of a serious condition is treated?

I am so angry and disappointed that we are not taken seriously. I would have thought a risk was something they would listen to but unless we are bleeding or in pain they dont want to know.

So annoyed right now- I dont know what else to say.

Oh and I forgot to actually tell you my FMU with a digital said pregnant 1-2 and I had a hCG of 61 from yesterdays bloods.

minimin im soooo sorry that you had to go through all that what a bunch of s***s.Can you not pretend that your having cramps or something? Im sorry i cant be of much more help im pretty clueless so is a hcg of 61 good??
I tested this morn bfn :( nevermind next time i suppose

emz87!! I am so sorry- Do you think there can be a chance you ovulated later than you think? I'm wondering if you could be still too early.

hCG numbers are not as important as the % they rise over 2-3 days. They should do another set of bloods on Friday and this will tell us more. We are looking for something around 70+ % rise to indicate numbers are rising normally.

There are ranges of hCG for each week of pregnancy but they are very broad like I should be around 10-400 or something.. so not really helpful.

Are you going to test again? you know you are not out till :witch: shows up!

Stupid question ***ALERT*** can you wee with a cup in? :blush:

Holy cow Minimin I can't believe how they were with you. I wouldve thought that given your history, it wouldve been taken into consideration. Unbelievable.
Any way still prayin your lil bean sticks and Fx of ofcourse!! Lol!!
Sorry bout your BFN emz87. But as I've read a lot over last few days, it ain't over til AF shows her ugly mush!!
Em x

Thanks ladies- I have calmed down a little more now. It is so nice and comforting to know you are rooting for me and beanie!

What will be will be. It is a shame and I would like to complain but I want them to do what I need and want first without annoying them. I am sure there is somewhere I can complain though.

M2K- You can pee with it in. Apparently you can also :sex: with it in. It is meant to catch your flow when :witch: visits! but using SC is meant to allow you to still have :sex:-
M

Minimin- though I wasn't expecting them to do a scan so early, it's pants they brushed you off like that. :gun:
The quantatative (spelling) is the most important thing right now. You do have an appt to get more bloods done friday already right? That is going to be the thing that tells you the most right now since a scan really wont be able to show anything.
:hug:

Minimin- though I wasn't expecting them to do a scan so early, it's pants they brushed you off like that. :gun:
The quantatative (spelling) is the most important thing right now. You do have an appt to get more bloods done friday already right? That is going to be the thing that tells you the most right now since a scan really wont be able to show anything.
:hug:

Hello hello Premont! How are you doing Missy!!!
I havent another appointment for bloods. Just a form to get a scan done :nope:
frustration at its finest.
How are things with you? Did you get snowed in? I am hoping it isnt too bad tomorrow and I can get to the EPU! (selfish I know lol)
Minimin x

hey ladies i ordered some soft cups today they sound really good fx'd they work lol

Hey Confused 27! Welcome to the softcup group! When are you going to be ready to test them
Lots of luck
Minimin

hey mini hun i just read through all 34 pages of this loll just getting to see ur reply now :D im just on CD1 just now so im not really sure tbh i made a thread earlier asking some advise about them but only got 1 or 2 replys was hoping to find out more on this one, really hope evrything goes well for u mini just read ur story glglgl xx

Ask away confused27! I used them for the first time this month! There are several others who are also first time users too.
M x

i dont even know if i def ovulated i had ewcm and ov pains but still dont know for sure!!im only 10dpo so i suppose still time for me to get my bfp!! Minimin i have forgot to say Congratulations to you and i hope this bean is a good lil bean and sticks in the right place!!

Hey ladies. EPU took more bloods from me this morning and my hCG has gone down from 61 to 38 so looks like I am going to be miscarrying soon. I am so shocked and numb I dont know what to say. I guess my body has been telling me over the past few days with the mild cramps and faint lines. I cant believe I have to go through this crap-
I hope I dont put a downer on your day guys. I will be back to ttc with SC- I do believe they work!
lots of luck and :dust: to you all.
Minimin

minimin i am sooooo sorry and Know nothing I say will help with what your feeling!! Take care of yourself hun if you ever need a chat just pm me x

Hey ladies. EPU took more bloods from me this morning and my hCG has gone down from 61 to 38 so looks like I am going to be miscarrying soon. I am so shocked and numb I dont know what to say. I guess my body has been telling me over the past few days with the mild cramps and faint lines. I cant believe I have to go through this crap-
I hope I dont put a downer on your day guys. I will be back to ttc with SC- I do believe they work!
lots of luck and :dust: to you all.
Minimin

hunny i am so so sorry to hear that i really am. how far along are you roughly? What have they suggest you do now? Do you just have to wait itout? thats so unfair. im really sorry hun that you have to go through this.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->