Softcups

Laura with my first I was convinced it was a boy and it was! Did you change your mind your banner said girl?? lol....

Schnoodle I cant find the post I was on with you, first called cant find a name and then was (team) baby under construction?? any ideas??

hi hun, the gender predictor website predicted a girl for me hence the banner but im convinced it a boy. got a gut feeling. i was oping i was having a girl bu have really really come round to the idea of having a boy now. and to be onest ill be over the moon if it is.

xxx

oh ness thats absolutely awful and thats not your hormones hunny. your mum could have offered a little moe support and if he wasnt n the mood to talk she should of just said she would call back later instead of going off on a tangent.
i hope things resolve themselves soon hunny. this is the tme in your life when you need your mom the most. and as you say as she has been though it before she should have some sympathy. i this her first grandchild?

sending lots of :hugs: your way and we are always here for you hun.

xxx

Oh Ness, try not to get upset :hugs:. I do feel for you though, I actually dont have any sort of relationship with my mum. My story is different from yours in that I was never close to her anyway and things got so bad at the end of last year that I (and two other of my four siblings) don't talk to her now. Since TTC it has crossed my mind that it would be nice to have a mum around for questions and stuff, especially cos with pregnancy you often experience similar things to what happened to your mum. I am lucky that I get on really well with my MIL though although my OH gets funny about me talking to his mum about sex and stuff - he says there is no way his mum know anything about sex! bless him!

Give her a couple of days to calm down, she will probably realise she has been mean and call you to apologise anyway, don't let it get you down as you don't need it right now :kiss:

Oh Ness, sorry things are so hard for you right now, I hope once you get past the first tri everything will be easier for you. Maybe your OH and Mum are just so worried about any stress on you and what they think it might do to the baby that they are trying to tell you not to worry, but frankly making a total pigs ear of it? Maybe they are just worried for you and its getting them tense, so they are taking it out on the wrong person, you!?

AFM - was convinced i was pregnant this morning, now not convinced, usually 10 dpo stuff!

Mommy2Kian - Its always the way sometimes. I hate that tho when it happens when you least expect it why cant it happen when you want it lol....

Hi Starmoon - oh can you actually do that?

Ahhh Ness I had that a few times with my DH and I bet if you werent pregnant the emotion wouldnt be as heightened just your lovely hormones.
Ness that is so horrid, I was just going to ask if that you are close but can see you are from the bottom of the post. No disrespect to your mum hun but no 45 year old or any mother for that fact should talk to their kids like that. I dont think you are pathetic or any of the above as you are worried for the safety of your unborn child which is normal and its your first for goodness sake this is all new to you. As for Mark he is just getting used to the changes, does Mark not want to be your birthing partner. This is suppose to be one of the best experiences of your life. You will not push Mark away you are carrying his child and have every right to feel like this and he aint gonna leave you cos you are a bit emotional.
You hormones will settle down, maybe sit down with him and discuss the best thing to do when feeling an argument come on that worked for me, your body is going through drastic changes, I was like that the first while. If you are really worried go to the docs for your peace of mind I did that and got a scan at 7 weeks

We love you hun!! xx

Laura - I was so convinced too. I wanted a girl but love my little boy to bits and wouldnt change him for the world. I want a girl this time but know if its a boy again I will be happy. We couldnt find out sex last time as he had his legs crossed the whole time hehe.... cheeky

haha starmoon about talking to your MIL about sex tee hee my jaw nearly hit the floor when my father in law was talking about watching the great sperm race. My issue is that I have never been close to my mum and me and my MIL dont get on as she thinks I have stolen her boy and grandson (my stepson) she thinks im the devil or something haha makes like difficult sometimes as trys to control everything and she could do it to her son when I wasnt in the pic but I dont let her talk to him like that anymore and she doesnt like it, calls me all sorts then wonders why I dont go to her house haha as if

Helly I hope you are wrong and are pregnant!

Thank you for the support girls :hugs: I knew I could rely on you all xxx

Laura yes this is her first grandchild which makes it even more shocking! I know I just can't understand why she had to send all those nasty texts when I was just trying to be mature about it. Then she started going on about how she's worried me and Mark will break up and I'll be left on my own - I'm 26 for goodness sake and she will never stop worrying about her kids but that's not my fault!

Starmoon so sorry to hear about the fall out with your mum - it's good you are close to your MIL though, mine doesnt know about the baby yet as OH has chosen not to tell her til the 12 week mark.

Helly - nah it's not cos they don't want to put me under extra stress, OH just forgets about it which I can sorta cope with most of the time as that's what I'd expect from a guy but my mum like i said she's done this 4 times and she's my mum and I need her to be supportive no matter how OTT or dramatic she thinks I'm being. I'm so disappointed in the way she's been with me. When I was describing stuff outta my What to Expect book and saying stuff like how I was happy to know my cramps etc are normal etc etc she was like "oh you've had every symptom in that book typical" and "there's such a thing as knowing too much it's making you over analyse things too much".

When I think about it she hasn't been that supportive at all. I mean don't get me wrong she is excited to be a grandma but in terms of the pregnancy she's not had anything nice to say really.

Thank you for the hugs I needed them! So sick of people stressing me out and upsetting me at the moment it's no wonder I'm worried about every twinge! xxx

Laura, i just have a feeling it's a boy, im just so used to hearing its a boy, i wouldnt no what to do with a girl, im used to playing transformers and kickboxing :haha: to be honest, i couldnt care less as long as i bring my baby home!!! :flower:

Ness im sorry your having an upsetting tiem, hormones dont help much do they! things will settle soon :hugs: and p.s look under my screen name, there u are :D xXx

Ahhh Ness I had that a few times with my DH and I bet if you werent pregnant the emotion wouldnt be as heightened just your lovely hormones.
Ness that is so horrid, I was just going to ask if that you are close but can see you are from the bottom of the post. No disrespect to your mum hun but no 45 year old or any mother for that fact should talk to their kids like that. I dont think you are pathetic or any of the above as you are worried for the safety of your unborn child which is normal and its your first for goodness sake this is all new to you. As for Mark he is just getting used to the changes, does Mark not want to be your birthing partner. This is suppose to be one of the best experiences of your life. You will not push Mark away you are carrying his child and have every right to feel like this and he aint gonna leave you cos you are a bit emotional.
You hormones will settle down, maybe sit down with him and discuss the best thing to do when feeling an argument come on that worked for me, your body is going through drastic changes, I was like that the first while. If you are really worried go to the docs for your peace of mind I did that and got a scan at 7 weeks

We love you hun!! xx

thank you sweetie I love you guys too! I'd be lost without you all!!

It's good to know you guys don't think I am being pathetic and over emotional - I know my hormones are all over and I know in general life I can let things get to me a bit but especially since I'm having my first baby it's much more heightened. She's made me feel like I'm not allowed to feel like this it's a horrible feeling!

Mark is great cos I can sit down with him after and he will apologise though I've asked him not to do it in the first place lol or if he thinks I've been irrational to speak to me later on when I've calmed down or something. Mark will be in the room with me too but he's no good with blood and stuff so no doubt he'll be walking out of the room at certain points and he's said he won't be able to be with me if I have to have a cesearean as he will pass out lol.

I'm thinking my younger sister might be better, she is awesome with stuff like that and is quite calm and encouraging so I think she would be the better choice.

xxx :hugs:

wantingagirl - yes you can reuse them as long as you was them thoroughly and leave them to air dry (stops any residue of tissue or cloth getting on them) I think others reuse them as well - Ness did you reuse?

Im predicted a girl with that chinese calendar, it was right with kaden but wrong with kian :lol:

I see it Cat he he thank you!!

And thanks hun I know it will settle down - she's just pissed me right off at the way she's acted it's so unfair!

Oooh and helly I meant to say FX for you I can't wait for you to test!! xx

Ness have you thought about booking a nice weekend away with mark? i dunno just an idea, just you and him, relaxing chillout time together, or would you end up killing him :lol:

ooh nes so sorry hun hugs.it must be hard but try and give it time hun.

laurs, hiya hun its baby under construction down in the ttc buddies section.

xxx

Thank you Schoodle :hugs: if anything I'm just in astonishment right now over her behaviour!

Cat - haven't got the money to go away right now as OH has got his car insurance to pay so that will skint him for the month and he hates the seaside so couldnt stay in a bandb anywhere close lol

xx

Thanks Schnoodle which page is it on tho loads of them and cant find it anywhere.

Awww poor Mark just have an image of him passing out hehe..... as if hes the one in the pain lol... bless him glad you and he are good tho. I was thinking the same last hols til the sleepless nights. Sis sounds like a good choice hope you and yur mum will be ok tho. I wish I had a mother figure with either my MIL or my actual mum my father in laws fiance is more of a mother to me. Could never imagine me being as distant to my children as my mum is to me.

I no what u mean hun about having no money, its a bugger eint it! ross might have to work down london for 3 months, ill only see him on a saturday if he has to go :( but its more money and we need a new car :shrug:

ha ha ha Shona I know I said to him if I'm going through the pain he can bloody well be in there with me! He might be ok once he bonds with a bump who knows! Sure me and mum will make up eventually but she's very stubborn and with all of my sisters we all have to say sorry first even if we haven't done anything wrong or it just drags on forever, I refuse to apologise though this time there was no need for her to behave the way she has, she's upset me so much and as awful as it sounds if anything happened to the baby although it wouldnt be anyone's fault of course, I would never forgive her for the way she treated me when I needed her!

Cat that sucks hun, that you'll be pregnant and with Kian on ya own for a few months, and that you'll only see him one day a week! Crap that when you get skint you have to do things like that hey? I want to be a stay at home mom but absolutely no chance cos we wouldnt be able to manage on Mark's salary alone boo!!

xx

Yeah Ness I would rather be a stay at home mum too and so did my DH but we worked out the finances and we would be left with like £300 after bills for the whole month who in the hell could live on that??? £25 a week for 4 people as if. Yeah sounds like my mum she is stubborn too and hates being wrong, well just wait to see what she does. Once Mark hears the heartbeat he knows it will be real so cool.

Do any other girls re-use the softcups then?

Yeah it's defo difficult for women to stay at home with the kids these days, most of us have no choice but to work - it pisses me off when magazines portray celebrities to show us that being a "working mum" can be done - err yeah they earn a fortune and can afford nannies etc!!

We'd have about £150 to live on which would be impossible for food and stuff so it sucks!

You're not supposed to reuse the softcups hun they're single use only x

And they wonder why so many people get into debt it is so easy! if he doesnt work away then we will end up in debt for a car and i really would rather not, but without a car we are buggerd really :shrug: ive been with him 11 years id be lost without him for 3 months :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->