Softcups

omg titi, i wont be tryin them for that then lol

Ohhh titi I am so sorry you had such a bad experience with them for af! I too am on cd2 and here is what I've found:
Cd1-ok, but had a BM and it leaked a bit.
I use 1 per 12 hour period, but take it out, dump rinse and reinsert it a few times and it has worked beautifully today for me.
Beyond looking like I murdered someone in the toilet :shy: and a bit of spotting on my panties from the removal/reinsertion process- its been great.
I hope you ladies don't get turned off from using it for af- much less tramatic than a tampon, and much more comfy than a pad.
Good luck ladies!!:dust:

hey girlies, well i tried out my first ever soft cup tonight, right after we DTD i put it in a stood up right away to test them and not 1 drop came out :D:D:D plus it was really easy to get in there so to all you ladies worrying about the size DONT!!! give them a go they are really easy glgl everyone :dust:

Another :sex: last night and softcup,but i took it out 2 hours after, i just couldnt get comfortable with it this time for some reason!
Anyone else have a panick attack trying to get the cup out? or is it just me? my OH can hear me upstairs shouting OMG it;s stuck i cant reach it! he;s like what the hell are u doing? :lol: once i take a deep breath and relax it comes out easier, i also tried lying down this time!

Also after i take it out the next morning when i have a wee and wipe, it has a little bit of blood only on the first wipe? not due AF till feb?:wacko:

Also after i take it out the next morning when i have a wee and wipe, it has a little bit of blood only on the first wipe? not due AF till feb?:wacko:

ooh maybe implatation bleeding :p or is it way too early... hmm :S

hey i used softcups for the first time last night and they went in a treat but i kept them in for the 12 hours, sleeping with it etc, before i put it in i put some pre seed in the cup and this morniing i was really panicking because it wouldnt come out, had to get OH to take it out but he said it was stuck to my cervix like a sucker and had to give it a right good pull, then he said the smell off it was terrible have any of u had this and do u think it might come out easier if i didnt put the pre seed inthere thanks :D

hmmmm no-I used preseed too and comes out fine. Are you looping a finger around the rim by your pubic bone and pulling out straight instead of down?..

PS looked at my DIVA CUP last night and it is a totally different approach than the softcup. It sits low in canal and not up by cervix. (because of this I doubt it would be helpful to use anything other than the softcups for conceiving) I didn't feel like messing with yet so just gave the softcups another AF go for bed. Flow was just as heavy but didn't leak this time. Hmm. For BD when I take them out of the package I keep them all flat like so the sperm will stay as close to the cervix as possible-but I think need to kind of poke them out with my finger for AF first so it makes more of a "bowl"...........thoughts?

hi no i was pulling down will try straight out toight thanks :D

yes it is tricky b/c it's different than a tampon. Say you are sitting on loo-kind of reach in with longest finger and try and hook it under the rim then pull straight out horizontally from you-towards the front of your body in one straight line. This makes it very easy I found and least messy.

ooh maybe implatation bleeding :p or is it way too early... hmm :S

I wish, i eint ovulated yet :rofl:

i got a darkish line on opk, not positive yet tho i hsve ONE left :dohh: ill try tomorow xXx

mommy2- Your cervix may be super sensitive and all the digging around to get the cup out may have caused it to bleed a bit. try weeing before taking the cup out next time. That works best for me.
titi- glad you had a better night than day with the cup. I think your theory on poking it out a bit to catch af flow. I may have a go at that today also. Have you been keeping it in 12 hours straight day and night or do you take it out during the day to clean it and reinsert? Am I off for doing that?:shy:
confused-I haven't used preseed with a cup but I am sure that everybody reacts differently with forign products so it could just be you?:shrug: As far as the removal, I agree with what titi said. Sit on the loo, use longest finger to hook the rim, and pull out almost completley horizontaly.
Today will be a good test for the AF softcup usage for me- Very busy day and I will be doing strenuious work. FX it holds it all in!!!

PS. I can NOT see swimming with these in or even DTD. Anyone else?

thanks premont gonna give it another go tonight :D only gonna leave it in for a few hours this time tho and not 12 lol im not sure about the swimming or DTD either with them x

I would def. DTD with it in-but have a compassionate DH. I don't think I would give swimming a go-not at a PUBLIC beach anyway!

I have been leaving mine in for the full twelve hours. I haven't reused as it said not to but maybe they just want you to buy more : )

The first two it barely seemed like there was any AF in there-it just kinda coated all the plastic. This morning it was all sitting in there 1/4 way up like a bowl of soup! (so glad we have so much tmi in this thread, lol).....

I started using preseed in mine (rubbed around the cup inside) for BD because I read a thread on here where a nurse with a microscrope that can see sperm said that when she put preseed in hers the sperm will still alive hours and hours later! Just needed a little for AF too though (rubbed around rim this time) as it made it easier to go in.

Hi girls

Can I join you? I'm on cycle 4 ttc #1 - I've not used softcups before, but I ordered some and they arrived today, I only got a pack of 6 though just to try them, so unsure whether to wait until I'm nearer to ov before I start using them?? only on cd9. I'm quite nervous about how to put them in!!! I'm gonna find the video on youtube to watch!

Also last month was the first month I used opks and didnt get + until cd16, and I've only got 7 sticks, so do you think itll be ok to start them on cd12? Can you ov early?

Also has anyone tried reflexology? Is this good when ttc? I booked an appointment for next weds, as Ive wanted to try it for a while, it intrigues me, and thought it might help?

Sorry all the questions would be grateful for some advice.

:dust:

Also last month was the first month I used opks and didnt get + until cd16, and I've only got 7 sticks, so do you think itll be ok to start them on cd12? Can you ov early?

Also has anyone tried reflexology? Is this good when ttc? I booked an appointment for next weds, as Ive wanted to try it for a while, it intrigues me, and thought it might help?

Hi Angelblue; I've just added you :D
You can ovulate early; it depends if you usually have regular cycles? If you do then starting to test on CD12 sounds like a good plan.
I haven't tried reflexology but I'm sure others have; try doing a search on this forum and u'll probably find some posts about it. I remember posts on acupuncture really helping with TTC; I might consider that if nothing happens in a few mths.
GL

Just bought some soft cups after reading 53 pages of posts. God I love this site!!!!

Used soft cups and conceive plus for the first time last night cd14, i put some conceive+ in the cup and it went straight up after bd, it was in all night could not feel it. When woke up was desperate for loo so dashed to bathroom and tried to take cup out to no sucess. I panicked a little decided to pee and then i just hovered over the toilet and manged to scoop it out. Will defo continue to use them.

Hi Angelblue!! Welcome-fancy seeing you here! : )

I would say its good to start opks on cd12 if you aren't sure when you regularly ov. Although I have to admit I used more than one a day and started about five days early. Because most the time they say to test after 11am after a 4+ hour hold that is when LH levels are highest. But for some women or if you can't hold pee for 4 hours during the day (very hard for me) then you can use FMU. I always do FMU and then another afternoon test just in case b/c I don't ever want to miss it!

As far as taking it out-horizontally straight out ladies not down! I used all BD last cycle and am on 3rd day of using for AF this cycle. Had in 9 hours now no mess think I mustn't have had in it quite right yesterday or it needs to be made into a full bowl for AF. (see previous post).

I started using preseed in mine (rubbed around the cup inside) for BD because I read a thread on here where a nurse with a microscrope that can see sperm said that when she put preseed in hers the sperm will still alive hours and hours later! Just needed a little for AF too though (rubbed around rim this time) as it made it easier to go in.

Wish I'd read this before my O!!! EEK I hope I didn't kill all the sperm.... I didn't need any to get it in or out though, I found it really easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->