Softcups

just went out and bought mine :) very nervous about putting them in, do you suggest a trial go before using them after dtd?

I would definitely suggest a trial run before using them for the "big show." :winkwink:

So, this was my first month of using them for ovulation, and everything was good. I am at 3DPO now, looking to test Jan 26th. I never had a problem with leakage. I have a feeling that my vagina is rather long, as they go way the heck up there, and behind the public bone. I certainly never felt anything once they were in correctly.

I also used the softcups/preseed combo. Right after DTD, I put a pillow under me, and had the SC/preseed by my side. I squirted about a quarter size pool of preseed into the cup, and inserted right away. I would wait about 30 mins before getting up from that position. I would then leave the cup in anywhere from 6 to 12 hours.

There was an issue of removal only once, out of six times using the cup. One morning, after leaving it in overnight, I couldn't get a good grasp on the lip of the cup while sitting on the toilet. TMI - DH had to pull it out from behind, LOL! It was probably one of the funniest moments in our relatively short TTC experience. He is a good sport though :haha:

I think I know why this happened - I think I inserted it upside-down - meaning that I put the side that the plastic is connected to the ring on the top, or towards my belly. I thought it would be more shallow, putting the sperm closer to the cervical entrance, as well as easier to remove (as your finger would hook around the area that the plastic is not attached upon removal). Well - that was wrong! lol. I just put it in the way you are supposed to from now on and there hasn't been any issues. :thumbup:

One word of advice I have for removal is to push, like doing a Kegel exercise, to dislodge it a bit when you are pulling it out.

Good luck everyone!

so you put preseed in the cup? interesting i'll have to try that too.. i was reading some reviews on a website (lots of bfps first month trying, and alot of snobby girls that didn't get their bfp on the first month so they're quitting :nope:) and one of the girls said you should wait to put it in just in case all the sperm isn't pooled at the cervix yet, so you're not keeping them out.. but i would think it would push them up? oh well, i'll have several chances to try it several different ways :haha:

Wow... just reading up about these "soft cups" i have never heard of them..... might have to look into them after a while and no BFP... i didnt just want to read and run but Good Luck to you all and Will continue looking in this thread and see how your all going with these little inventions :)

:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

okay update. just tried one and have a question.. do you ever push up? i pushed straight back like the directions said but it didn't seem to go up very far. does it need to?

so you put preseed in the cup? interesting i'll have to try that too.. i was reading some reviews on a website (lots of bfps first month trying, and alot of snobby girls that didn't get their bfp on the first month so they're quitting :nope:) and one of the girls said you should wait to put it in just in case all the sperm isn't pooled at the cervix yet, so you're not keeping them out.. but i would think it would push them up? oh well, i'll have several chances to try it several different ways :haha:

There are a few reasons why I put the preseed in the cup instead of directly inside of me.. first, because I am usually wet enough and it just gets oozy and messy... Seems like most of it squishes out while BD'ing. This way I know that the preseed is in there giving a nice swimming medium to da spermies. Second, it doesn't kill the mood as much, KWIM? :winkwink: Oh, and I forgot that I always to orgasm after the softcup is in.

I have thought about the fact that the SC may block the sperm if it slides along the wall of the vagina, pushing them out of the cervical area, but I guess you could say "The proof is in the pudding" - or rather, the proof is in the cup after you pull it out in the morning! TMI - THe contents usually look cloudy, and since I had EWCM which is clear and the preseed is clear, I am left to believe that it is leftover semen. Also, the consistency of the goo left feels slippery like semen. Hence the reason the DH has affectionately renamed the softcup as the spooge cup :haha:

Thoughts, anyone else?

There are a few reasons why I put the preseed in the cup instead of directly inside of me.. first, because I am usually wet enough and it just gets oozy and messy... Seems like most of it squishes out while BD'ing. This way I know that the preseed is in there giving a nice swimming medium to da spermies. Second, it doesn't kill the mood as much, KWIM? :winkwink: Oh, and I forgot that I always to orgasm after the softcup is in.

I have thought about the fact that the SC may block the sperm if it slides along the wall of the vagina, pushing them out of the cervical area, but I guess you could say "The proof is in the pudding" - or rather, the proof is in the cup after you pull it out in the morning! TMI - THe contents usually look cloudy, and since I had EWCM which is clear and the preseed is clear, I am left to believe that it is leftover semen. Also, the consistency of the goo left feels slippery like semen. Hence the reason the DH has affectionately renamed the softcup as the spooge cup :haha:

Thoughts, anyone else?

spooge cup, hahaha! i think it was just a bitter girl. i honestly cant expect it to work in the first month, neither can anyone else.. some girls are lucky, some arent! plus i assume it takes some time to get used to.

okay update. just tried one and have a question.. do you ever push up? i pushed straight back like the directions said but it didn't seem to go up very far. does it need to?

I think when I put one in, my whole index fingers goes in. But I think I may just have a long vagina, maybe? I push until it goes behind or over the hump of the pelvic bone. It kinda slips into place there.

One question? Are you trying to use it after sex or just normal vaginal size? I think that insertion is much much easier after sex, because the vaginal canal is already stretched. I have never tried to insert one besides right after sex, so that may make a big difference...

When I insert, I am lying on my back on the bed, and I insert straight back, but it may tilt up (towards my belly button), at the end of insertion, once it gets past the public bone. I don't know if that helps you much..

i'm giving it a test run.. no sex haha. it goes past the pubic bone but i can easily reach the plastic ring, is that normal? and it never expands.. like when i stand, it feels like it's still squashed together and vertical.. hope that makes sense..

i'm giving it a test run.. no sex haha. it goes past the pubic bone but i can easily reach the plastic ring, is that normal? and it never expands.. like when i stand, it feels like it's still squashed together and vertical.. hope that makes sense..

Oh yeah, I think that sounds totally right. I don't think it ever really expands, it just flexes out and makes a seal with the vaginal walls. The key is that you can't feel it inserted. Somehow, magically, it covers the cervix, I guess. I wish they would do a picture on beautifulcervix.com with a softcup inserted! I'd like to see exactly what it looks like =)

me too. it says on the directions to feel your cervix to make sure it's inserted properly and mine is covered so here's to hoping! it really can't hurt at this point, 5mos ttc without them didn't give me a baby, so what's one more cycle trying something new? :)

I push in and back at an angle like the video said, I would say it goes the length of my middle finger, so to get it out I can just grab it with the end of my middle finger but it's easier to tell if it's in right if you can feel where it hooks behind the pelvic bone like someone already said. Also you shouldn't be able to feel it when it's in

Sounds like it's gonna be a laugh, the things we do! x

thanks girls, just watched the video on the website, i think i'm doing it right, going to wait and 'test' again as i've just put it in and pulled it out about 12 times and i'm rather sore now :haha: here's to hoping softcups will give me two pretty lines in about three weeks!

hello ladies. im thinking of using these to but as dumb as this may sound how does this keep the little swimers close to the cervix? i know its supposed to go over the cervix but im not to sure about getting the sperm into the soft-cup to keep it in there. does it just go in there when ure putting the soft cup in ? because i know it can get a little messy so it catches it all when you put it up there right? some1 explain to me how the sperm gets into the cup to keep it there please!

Hello Ladies :) :flower:
How is everyone doing? I need to go through and catch up as I haven't been active on this site for a few days! Hope all is well.. Xxx

Hi & welcome Sma1588-
Really it is pretty simple. The softcup is kind flat if you don't open up the bowl-As soon as you finish DTD stay in "position" (maybe on your back with hips raised or face down with bum up) and put the softcup in. The spermy should still be in about the right place from BD-and the cup just helps them from leaking out and then also hopefully if flat keeping them close to the cervix too. No need to "get them in there"... no dumb questions, I think each and every one of us has had some sort of misshap with these-and practice making perfect.

thanx so much. i think i might give them a try hopefully understanding a little better how they work.

Hi & welcome Sma1588-
Really it is pretty simple. The softcup is kind flat if you don't open up the bowl-As soon as you finish DTD stay in "position" (maybe on your back with hips raised or face down with bum up) and put the softcup in. The spermy should still be in about the right place from BD-and the cup just helps them from leaking out and then also hopefully if flat keeping them close to the cervix too. No need to "get them in there"... no dumb questions, I think each and every one of us has had some sort of misshap with these-and practice making perfect.

Thanks so much for explaining that. My box of softcups just came in the mail today. So im going to try them out tonite.

The video on the softcups website helped me tons! It's long but really worth watching.

the video helped me too, my laptop currently has no sound as my cat lays on it and must've pressed a button or something but i skipped to the video of her putting it in and felt MUCH better.

If anyone is interested ive got 4 softcups left that you can have for free pm me if you want them!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->