Softcups

i've been using softcups after every time we :sex: even when i know theres no chance of falling pregnant just cos it's less messy with softcups!

however today, when i took it out, 5 hours after :sex: there was a small ammount of blood in it.
i've had no bleeding sinse. could it have been caused by the way it was positioned? has anyone else had bleeding when using them?
xxxx

Ok.... I read through the entire thread a couple days ago and was intrigued. However..... I'm even embarrassed to type this on a board full of people who don't know me..... but... I don't know if I could get those things in or out. I've never put my finger up in there for any reason. So how far do you have to go in??

I know that's weird.... I use tampons, but only because there's an applicator and then a string you can pull on to get it out. Wish these had applicators and strings! :)

Squirrelgirl I use my middle finger and can reach it at the first knuckle on it so the end of it is maybe about 2" in? Although of course that's just me. It's hard to tell you how far it will be in particularly if you aren't used to... you inside - if that makes sense!! You shouldn't feel embarrassed though :) If you watch the video on softcups page you will see where it sits, behind the pubic bone and you could feel inside (if you're comfortable with that!) and feel where your pubic bone is?

I watched the video, and I must say I was very confused by it. If the vase is a vajayjay, then I would have expected the cervix to be at the closed end of the vase, not on the side like that. I guess I need a drawing, like we saw in sex ed.... lol.

Did you watch the video that was on the actual softcups website? (Sorry confused by the vase comment!!!)
Ok here is a random picture (side cross-section) of the cervix and uterus. The uterus is the bit that goes above and forward from the cervix. The cup fits almost the way the bottom of the yellow circle (that's used to outline where the cervix is) is.
Does that help?
https://obgyn101.org/Cervix2a.jpg

Ah, ok, that makes more sense. There's a video linked in the very first few posts that shows someone on You Tube demonstrating with a clear flower vase. :) It showed the 'cervix' only a few inches in and there were several inches left on the vase to the bottom. So I got all sorts of confused about that!

Then add in my discomfort with putting my fingers up in there... well.... I might just have to try it at some point. Geez, I sound so silly. I'm practically 30 and haven't gotten over the "it's dirty" thing.... I guess when I do actually have a baby, there will be worse things I'll have to deal with !!!!

Okay I didn't see that, I just looked at the video on the Instead Softcups website, if you search it on google the demo they do is with a clear cross-section (similar to the pic above only clear) of a woman. It makes it really easy to understand although there are a lot of "review" type speaky parts all the way through the video it's worth watching for the demo :) Do you feel any better/more comfortable with it?
Glad I could help!

Quick question all, these look really good and i was wondering where you can get them in the uk??? The link on the first page if for the US. Only if AF shows up this month then next cycle i am going to throw everything i have at it lol!

I got mine from Amazong, 6 for £7 something but you can also get them from access diagnostics where you can get 6 for £6 odd of 24 for 17.50 so all in all i think its best to order from there.

Well girls looks like i used my softcups at the right time as FF is telling me im noe 3DPO and i have yet to see a positive OPK. I changed brands this month so obviously the ones i have used are crap so im changing back to my old ones next month. I bedded with Softcups on CD10, 11, 12 and 13. Im keeping everything crossed that i may have actually done it this month without even realising it. I didnt even know i was ovulating. YEY! :happydance:

xxx

i've been using softcups after every time we :sex: even when i know theres no chance of falling pregnant just cos it's less messy with softcups!

however today, when i took it out, 5 hours after :sex: there was a small ammount of blood in it.
i've had no bleeding sinse. could it have been caused by the way it was positioned? has anyone else had bleeding when using them?
xxxx

I DID. i just put mine in for the first time two days ago and the day of and the day after there was a little blood, glad this happened to someone else.. still planning on using them though :haha:

oH i have been TTC for over 2 years now so i got over that a while ago. lol.
I get the same though. If i go to buy a pregnancy test the cashier looks at me as if to say "erm.... aren't you a little bit young to be having sex" :rofl:

The egg white thing is something i read into, i started a thread on it. But after reading the risk on Infection, think i will skip it. Lol. Im hoping they have done the trick but not getting my hopes up. Still expecting Af to arrive on the 2nd that why i havent added my testing date to the other thread. I normally bed everday of the month so dont feel like i have done enough this month with only doing it 4 days. Hey ho, ill be back on the TTC wagon next month when the OH comes home for good.

xx

i did it for three months with no pregnancy and no infections at all, but i bought pasteurized eggs. i think maybe i was using too much. i'm going to buy preseed today :happydance: hopefully, there's only one place where i live you can buy it from and i haven't been there yet, hopefully they aren't charging too much. if so i will be waiting till next cycle to order it. after buying the cbfm i don't have much left in my fertility budget for this month :haha:

have you looked on access diagnostics un. I think you get it for a fairly good price from there. May be worth a look.

I caved and added to testing date to the other thread. FF is saying i ovulated so i thought i may as well as i was bedding and using them around that time. Not holding out much hope though as i say.

I read great reviews on the egg thing. Weird how things work formsome and not others. Nothing works for me. Im hoping these SCs will though, not holding my breath with my track record though. lol.

xx

xxxx

I'm not too sure about the cause of the bleeding - could it be implantation bleeding...? or a little bit of blood spotting can happen with BD sometimes. There was someone else last week saying she'd found a little bit of blood in her softcup too.

have you looked on access diagnostics un. I think you get it for a fairly good price from there. May be worth a look.

I caved and added to testing date to the other thread. FF is saying i ovulated so i thought i may as well as i was bedding and using them around that time. Not holding out much hope though as i say.

I read great reviews on the egg thing. Weird how things work formsome and not others. Nothing works for me. Im hoping these SCs will though, not holding my breath with my track record though. lol.

xx

me too.. how long have you been ttc? i've only been REALLY ttc for 5 mos, 7 mos if you include NTNP for the first two.. NTNP is a joke once you have serious baby on the brain. but my mom and dad are both SO fertile.. she had 6 pregnancies (one ending in mc) and she said every one of them except for my sister was ONE SINGLE unplanned uh oh. she said every single time she had an oopsie, she ended up pg. i wish!!! wonder where i got my genes from..

i have been trying for 2 years. It will be 3 years in November. A very long time. lol.

lol, my mom and sister are the same. My sister got pregnant on the pill with her first and her second a month after coming off the pill. Life is so harsh. My genes are definitly off my mum and my dad who i have seen for years is still popping out kids so cant be off him either. lol.

I want this so badly, just hope this month i may have done it. Wasnt even planning on trying as other half wasnt supposed to be here. He come back only for a few days and we didnt even realise i was Ovulating. that must be a sign.

oh poor thing. it will happen though.. i need to take another hpt as my body is acting weird. got AF as usual, nothing weird, but after O last cycle and up until now my cervix has never dropped, stayed HSO. never done that before, in addition to funny belly cramps and sore bbs. BUT i think opks would detect that, i think i'd be getting high or peak readings on my cbfm. ugh this is the cycle i REALLY wanted to concieve in and now my body is going funky. just lovely.

oh yeah, and my dad had a vasectomy reversed and got my stepmom pg. they were both over 40. -___-

oh god. lol. that is very fertile. lol.

sounds like you are havig a weird cycle hunny. HSO is very good, it may be worth doing another HPT. what was AF like? was it normaly heavy ect?

I really need some help off someone please. I posted the below in another thread so will copy and paste it here. Please please please can someone help?

OK WAORD OF WARING.... WAYYYYY TMI COMING UP!!!!

Just been to check my CP. On removing my finger it was absolutly covered in white creamy thick cm that had little bumps in. Like i had stuck my hand in clotted cream. What the hell is this. I have never ever ever had this before, ever. Not sure if its a good or bad thing. PLease help!!!

COMPLETELY normal af, unfortunately.. ugh i thought i had finally gotten to know it and now it's going crazy on me, oh well in doubt bd, i'm NOT buying a test until AF is late so i suppose we'll see then. and as to your cm question, sorry i can't help, never had it but neither have you and we haven't gotten knocked up yet so hopefully it's a good sign! :happydance:

its way too early for 3DPO though isnt it? Oh im shitting it. sorry for the french but i have never seen anything like it. I nearly passed out when i seen it.

I know CPs change throught the day have you been checking it the same time everyday?

xx

Hey hun could it be left overs from your mans juice :blush: sorry i dunno how to put it more...nicely :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->