Softcups

Update: so today is the beginning of my fertile week. Last night bd'd and inserted one laying down. Had no problems it was comfortable and I didn't even notice it was there. Thank you all for the advice! So when I removed the softcup tis morning and ( sorry tmi) there wasn't much it it like a teaspoon for really stretchy stuff lol I am assuming that was the semen and spermies. I did notice that after I got up to go wipe after bding that there was little to wipe. So I'm guessing that the cup did what it's supposed to? Any thoughts? How much is usually in the cup for those that use this method?

Update: so today is the beginning of my fertile week. Last night bd'd and inserted one laying down. Had no problems it was comfortable and I didn't even notice it was there. Thank you all for the advice! So when I removed the softcup tis morning and ( sorry tmi) there wasn't much it it like a teaspoon for really stretchy stuff lol I am assuming that was the semen and spermies. I did notice that after I got up to go wipe after bding that there was little to wipe. So I'm guessing that the cup did what it's supposed to? Any thoughts? How much is usually in the cup for those that use this method?

I noticed that there isn't a whole lot in there either. The semen will liquefy after time, and it doesnt look like much afterwards. you are right, about a teaspoon. good luck!

Jaybug0115, this is what I do…

After BDing, as soon as my husband “dismounts”, I put one in. I squeeze the SoftCup in the middle, but as soon as I put it in I sort of move my fingers down so that the half of the SoftCup that’s in me is bigger than the portion I’m holding. Then when I’m inserting it I push it towards my back as much as possible. This gives me the impression (false or not) that I’m scooping all the seman into the Cup.

It seems to work, because I usually have a good amount of seman in the Cup when I take it out about 4 hours later. Last month I left it in longer but I may have Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) right now, so I’m trying to give my poor overworked vagina a break. I’ve read that any sperm that’s going to get into your cervix does so within a half hour. I don’t know what to believe anymore, so I give the little guys extra time.

GOOD LUCK!

when i woud take mine out there really wasnt much of anything in mine either. and nothing came out after taking it out so i assume it all went up. i got pregnant both times using them so it must have worked:thumbup:

Yeah, never much in my cup either! I found this https://www.sexhealthmatters.org/did-you-know/how-much-semen-is-produced-at-ejaculation and it sounds no more than a teaspoon is normal! x

Thanks so much ladies...hope this helps it's my first month using them and I'm o. My 5th cycle :dust: to everyone!

Ok this is probably a dumb question but....
I use a LadyCup normally for AF. Can I use it to.... (i don't know how to politely say it :) ) keep his stuff in? Or should I get a Instead softcup?

Ok this is probably a dumb question but....
I use a LadyCup normally for AF. Can I use it to.... (i don't know how to politely say it :) ) keep his stuff in? Or should I get a Instead softcup?
Is that like a Diva Cup? If it is, they sit quite a bit further down from your cervix so I don't think it would work as well.

I have the instead cups and I tried them a few months back (not knowing at the time I had blocked tubes) and I felt like I was locking the sperm away when I put it in there after BD. I also didn't have much in the cup when I'd take it out later. It's probably just in my head though. I didn't have really any leakage though afterwards so that was a wonderful perk of using them! Loved that part of it. I have read on here and else where that some women will put a little preseed in the instead cup and have their DH do his thing in the cup instead of in them and then insert it carefully so that every bit is going right where they want it. I ran that past the hubby and he just gave me a weird look, LOL. This being the first month on clomid since I got an open tube now and our first month with preseed I think we will be trying some options including the external depositing, whether he likes it or not....I don't think he will care where he puts it when it's time! Hehe.

yes you can use it for ttc to hun good luck to all of us girls x x x

i have heard of women ttc with the diva cup and it working on an old thread on here, so i say go for it:thumbup:

I used an Instead cup a few days ago and was surprised how easy it was. Very comfortable too. Apparently I put it in correctly :haha:

No bfp for me this month...af showed this morning. Using then for the second time for af and ttc again. Start clomid friday

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->