Softcups

CONGRATS LISA!!! :happydance: Wishing you a H&H 9 mos!!!

So very sorry :hugs: GDANE! I hope next cycle proves better for you!

AFM… CD17, Got my Smiley this morning! Last night the stick was maybe one shade lighter than a +OPK!!! Donation was an hour ago!!! My CM and temp look good for this!! Best chances are directly before OV or ON THE SAME DAY!! My CP seemed to be shift 2 days ago. Feeling really hopeful this cycle! FXD! :dust: :dust:

I tried the softcup with my dh depositing into it with preseed in it also. Inserting that was a mess and I probably lost 1/2 of the good stuff. It was terrible! I have used the softcups after bd many times without problem but with stuff already in it was madness! Just thought I'd throw this out there for anyone thinking about doing it that way. I personally will not risk losing the good stuff again. Lesson learned for us.

That's good to know since I was actually contemplating that! DH was not very crazy about that idea so we didn't.

Hi everyone - I'm new to this board, I wondered if I could ask a question to those who've used Softcups (esp those who've had success)? I used them for the first time this weekend and found them *really* easy to use (compared to the evil mooncup/femmecup); BUT, I am worried that when pushing them in, they may not be 'scooping up' the swimmers, they may just be pushing them to the back and therefore BLOCKING them from the cervix. Has anyone else had this worry? is there a way to ensure that the swimmers (when they're already inside you) get into the cup? Is there a trick when inserting? I try to push it downwards, but it is difficult to direct it.

I realise that one way to be sure they're in there is to get OH to deposit straight into the cup - but it's a little less romantic LOL

Just wondered what others do - thanks in advance!

Sunshine1217- DH was not liking the idea and even told me if he has to do that then it will probably be less than the normal amount because it's weird, LOL. He did it anyhow but then I think I wasted most of it trying to put the cup in. I also might have overdone the preseed amount in the cup but I was worried about the little spermies going into the dry cup also. I truly am nutty with this stuff! :)

Cypress- Yes! I worried about that also but when I take them out in the morning there is still some of dh's stuff in them so must not be blocking it away if the stuff is in/on the cup when I remove it.

Hi Everyone

Got my positive OPK this morning!!! This is our first "proper" month with using Softcups alone! I get my DH to deposit straight into the Softcup I then add pre-seed. I dont find it messy but I do worry about what is left in the cup afterwards but we will see if it's effective soon hopefully!!

Good luck everyone xx

Hi everyone - I'm new to this board, I wondered if I could ask a question to those who've used Softcups (esp those who've had success)? I used them for the first time this weekend and found them *really* easy to use (compared to the evil mooncup/femmecup); BUT, I am worried that when pushing them in, they may not be 'scooping up' the swimmers, they may just be pushing them to the back and therefore BLOCKING them from the cervix. Has anyone else had this worry? is there a way to ensure that the swimmers (when they're already inside you) get into the cup? Is there a trick when inserting? I try to push it downwards, but it is difficult to direct it.

I realise that one way to be sure they're in there is to get OH to deposit straight into the cup - but it's a little less romantic LOL

I never had this fear, never even thought about it. I guess because I figured by the time you get it put it they are already in the area you are wrapping it around. Just put them in the way the instructions say. I don't think you'd be blocking them, when you take it out you will have semen left or should. I just lay on my back and put them in without getting up.

I wouldn't use the other method. You have to squeeze it together to slip it in and I would think that would be easier to lose the goods. I just don't understand that either. I thought sperm died when it hit the air ?

Just got mine in the mail! Really excited to try these out.. CD11 and BDing every night this week! Preseed, Softcups, Hips up... my friend just got her bfp this way! Cyvle #10 we'll see! fingers crossed :)

cypress we did it both ways and got pregnant both months we used them. it wasnt a mess for us either way and didnt lose any either way. the cups were empty both ways when i finally took them out. i think you just have to figure out what works best for you and DH. my DH didnt mind either way.

bdawn- the sperm dont die when they hit the air.

Cypress I thought that too but I think if you lay with your bum up a little gravity will help get everything where its supposed to be before you put cup in. your not alone!

Well, CYPRESS, I never had an issue with SOFTCUPS... I am sure there are many different concerns for different people. There is really only one way to get them in, and they won't be able to push anything to the back... I am sure there is a 1st time or slim chance for anything, so I don't want to say never. What I do tell everyone that has come across me on these threads, I SWEAR by the softcups, expecially when TTC. I tell everyone, practice practice practice however...

I just did it for the first time this cycle with preseed, but I practiced before hand so as to not lose "donations." Since we don't get to "BD" (but we do get to have "fun" :haha:) softcups are a must. Anyway, I was on my back and inserted. I wish everyone luck, but practice!!! FXD! :dust:

AFM… 5DPO, Looks like a temp dip to me. I am hoping anyway FXD! Not trying to get my hopes too high. I have not been SS, but I know that I have been pretty exhausted in the last 24hrs... Implantation??? Going to start SS tomorrow if the temp jumps back up!! I didn't start SS till 8DPO last time, so I will compare as I approach... FXD! :dust: :dust:

Cypress,

I used them this last cycle, and got my BFP on my 10th cycle. I put preseed in it prior to BDing. DH offered to put it in prior, but I didn't think it mattered. I figured it'd be more fun, if we did it the old fashioned way and then I inserted it.

I know it was the SC because my previous cycles I wasn't doing anything all that special. No baby asprin, drugs, anything. Mostly tracking my period cycles and using my calendar to track approx when I O'd.

This time I used the SC with preseed and OPK's.

Just insert them like the instructions say, and I believe there is video here on this thread somewhere. And you should be good to go. I was initally wearing it for 12 hrs, then towards the end it was 6 - 8 hrs.

Hope this helps!

mrs- yay i will be waiting to see how it goes!!! i hoooope this is it for you hun.:hugs:

I am a bit concerned. The past 2 times I've used these I've had a spot of blood in it when I took it out. Been using them many times before but these last 2, I get blood. Its not a lot but like a dot. The last time I figured it was because of the "roughness" of the sex because of the positioning but today wasn't painful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->