Softcups

I am a bit concerned. The past 2 times I've used these I've had a spot of blood in it when I took it out. Been using them many times before but these last 2, I get blood. Its not a lot but like a dot. The last time I figured it was because of the "roughness" of the sex because of the positioning but today wasn't painful.

This happened to me when I first started using them. I used them four times and the 2nd time and the 4th time, there was some blood. Three or four big drops of it. I stopped using them for a little while, but when DH and I started preseed I started them back up again. I figured the extra lubrication would stop it from scraping against my cervix, if that is what was happening. I'm only going to use them from now on in combination with pressed, and if I get blood again, I'm not using them anymore.

I am a bit concerned. The past 2 times I've used these I've had a spot of blood in it when I took it out. Been using them many times before but these last 2, I get blood. Its not a lot but like a dot. The last time I figured it was because of the "roughness" of the sex because of the positioning but today wasn't painful.

This happened to me when I first started using them. I used them four times and the 2nd time and the 4th time, there was some blood. Three or four big drops of it. I stopped using them for a little while, but when DH and I started preseed I started them back up again. I figured the extra lubrication would stop it from scraping against my cervix, if that is what was happening. I'm only going to use them from now on in combination with pressed, and if I get blood again, I'm not using them anymore.

I don't have a clue as to what it could be. I just have noticed both times my cervix has been very soft afterwards and higher up. It is close to O time though. I don't know.

The only thing I've done different this time is I have used cough syrup. I wonder if that could be making it more tender ?

Definitely a chance that the syrup is making things a little more sensitive, as that is the reason to use the syrup. I would be very gentle inserting. GL

AFM… 6DPO, Looks like a temp increase!! FXD! I am getting nervous now. What is strange is, with our last PG, my DW got all the symptoms, the last couple of days, she has been feeling very weird. I however have been super tired. I even fell asleep on the train this morning headed to work (doesn't happen) plus, it is so early.... Not trying to get my hopes too high. I have not been SS, but today I am starting, FATIGUED for sure. Come on high temps next few days!!!FXD! :dust: :dust:

I don't have a clue as to what it could be. I just have noticed both times my cervix has been very soft afterwards and higher up. It is close to O time though. I don't know.

The only thing I've done different this time is I have used cough syrup. I wonder if that could be making it more tender ?

can someone explain the whole cough syrup thing? this is the first ive heard of it. how did you "use" it ? and why ?

Cough syrup (expectorant) thins out mucus in the chest and some believe does so down below too. I think it does because I noticed a difference. You just take 2 tsp 3x a day, usually around when you ov.

Hi DODGE!

Well, at the fertility clinic, it is one of the things the docs recommend to change the CM up. We were instructed to begin taking 2-3x a day from the day AF ends until OV. Robitussin to be exact (it is explained more in my journal) as it is safe for infants. I did not however take it 3x a day this time only 2. It is the same as taking Mucinex which I know many women use instead... GL

AFM… 7DPO, Temps staying high I am staying optimistic. FXD! I had a little headache this morning, it has subsided, and I have been getting weird feelings. I even had a dream (reading my journal you will see I don't really dream or I don't remember that I did when I wake) I recalled the whole thing to the wife who died laughing. I am still super tired. Still SS and Fatigue, headaches, and dreams are listed today... DW wanted me to test, but I laughed it off, not going for the early disappointment, she has little patience so I expected her to say that already... :haha: Come on high temps next few days!!!FXD! :dust: :dust:

Hi ladies I wanted to join in on this thread if you don't mind. I bough my soft cups today. I'm ready to use them when my dh gets here the first of Oct. I've used them in the past and love them but no luck yet. I'm on clomid this cycle as well trying to delay O a little. I'm also planning on using preseed in the cup but not up in cause DH doesn't like the feel of it lol..

Good Luck MrsMM24 I hope those temps stay way up!

yeah he says way too slippery with that in there and I usually only use 1/2 of what they say to use.

Off subject here but I see where some of you were talking about taking the mucinex and cough syrup. I took the mucinex but I never noticed anything different about my cm. I NEVER get EWCM except after my hsg (which was a waste cause dh was in Iraq...stupid Iraq). I was wondering if any of you had tried both kinds and have a prefrence?

Yeah, that's what my hubs says too. He's says he needs at least a little friction. lol Men are funny. I use about half an applicator full, and then a bit more inside the SC before inserting.

I used Mucinex only one cycle - my Clomid cycle. I didn't notice any difference really. I also NEVER get EWCM either, except this last time when I was on fertility drugs. It was such a rare surprise that I kept saying to the hubs, "Egg whites, honey, can you believe it?" lol

I've only used a dollar store brand cough syrup with this cycle. I did notice that my EWCM was a lot stretchier than it has ever been. It may be a coincidence though.

Lol Janet my husband is grossed out by my CM conversations. I only took the mucinex in Feb. since I was taking clomid. I guess I'm going to try the liquid form this time gah-rOsss! But I gotta try something.

Don't remember what day I'm supposed to start that. Google here I come!

Hi everyone - I'm new to this board, I wondered if I could ask a question to those who've used Softcups (esp those who've had success)? I used them for the first time this weekend and found them *really* easy to use (compared to the evil mooncup/femmecup); BUT, I am worried that when pushing them in, they may not be 'scooping up' the swimmers, they may just be pushing them to the back and therefore BLOCKING them from the cervix. Has anyone else had this worry? is there a way to ensure that the swimmers (when they're already inside you) get into the cup? Is there a trick when inserting? I try to push it downwards, but it is difficult to direct it.

I realise that one way to be sure they're in there is to get OH to deposit straight into the cup - but it's a little less romantic LOL

Just wondered what others do - thanks in advance!

You would want the stuff pushed to the back. That is where your cervix will wick up the remaining sperms over the next 72 hours! But it doesn't block them out. And even if some did get blocked out, they're still there when you take out the cup, free to enter.

Hi everyone - I'm new to this board, I wondered if I could ask a question to those who've used Softcups (esp those who've had success)? I used them for the first time this weekend and found them *really* easy to use (compared to the evil mooncup/femmecup); BUT, I am worried that when pushing them in, they may not be 'scooping up' the swimmers, they may just be pushing them to the back and therefore BLOCKING them from the cervix. .....

You would want the stuff pushed to the back. That is where your cervix will wick up the remaining sperms over the next 72 hours! But it doesn't block them out. And even if some did get blocked out, they're still there when you take out the cup, free to enter.

Hi Kat, thanks for your comment. I meant, what if the 'stuff' goes to the back even further than the cup goes, or just otherwise gets squashed out of the way by the cup, therefore doesn't go in the cup at all, hence is blocked from the cervix. I ask because I had some 'fall out' of me after removing the cup, so I don't know whether it was in the cup the whole time, or not. Anyway, with so many success stories they must work, so I'll keep trying.

Hello ladies just passing by to check up on you guys, i haven't forgotten you, but been working many hours :happydance::hugs: :dust: to you all

Hmm used another one this morning and no blood ? I haven't used cough syrup for about 3 days so I am going to assume thats why I had the spot of blood.

Hi ladies! For those of you who got BFPs with softcups and/or preseed, could you pretty pretty pretty please take my poll about the gender of your little blessing?

Click Here To Take My Gender Poll!

Hey I'm new to this forum but really wan to try softcups if I don't get my bfp this month so u only use them on the days u ovulate or everytime u have sex?

Hey I'm new to this forum but really wan to try softcups if I don't get my bfp this month so u only use them on the days u ovulate or everytime u have sex?

I actually use them every time, trying to get as many :spermy: in me as possible before O. It's really pointless at this point in my cycle but i still do it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->