Softcups

shorty- i started using them about 5-6 days before expected ov. i could see using them more for practice or just to stay in the mode of using them. my thoughts were that i didnt know how long i was gonna be ttc and didnt want to waste them. of course i got preggo the first month ttc with them and after having that baby got preggo the first month ttc with them again, so i have a bunch left over that will never get used by me anyway. i wont use them for af, so i need to find somewhere to send them and all my preseed. hope you dont have a long ttc journey!

BDAWN, so good to hear that there was no blood this time. Could have been just that... FXD! :dust:

SHORTY, they are to hold the swimmers near the target so it is best to use after BDg! GL FXD! :dust:

AFM… 11DPO, Temps are still high, however, they seem to be on the decline. I don’t really feel like I did when I have been PG and had bfps in the past. I am trying to stay positive however, so I still have my FXD (tightly.) My stomach felt a little queezy this morning for about 2 mins. I am still SUPER tired. SS is decreasing = Fatigue is all I can list today, FXD! :dust: :dust:
How was everyone’s weekend? Good I hope!

Looks like I'm out this month got my af today! I'm so confused didn't get my smiley face until day 17 and got my af on day 25. My cycles are ranging from 25-29 days is this normal???:shrug:

I think thats a really short LP, maybe you ov'd earlier than that ?

THORNTONS, :hugs: sorry af flew that wicked broom in. I agree with BDAWN, I think you may have OVd earlier than you think.... Sometimes even with OPKS, it can be off. The temp dip is the more accurate account... I hope next cycle is the one for you!!! FXD!

AFM… 12DPO, Temps are still high but declining. I am not sure what's happening, I think that I only have fatigue as a symptom left. My bbs never began to get fuller and sore as they have with both previous PGs. However, this morning, they seem to be tingling. I also have been feeling a little hot at night, not sure what to make of it. It kinda feels like AF is on the way. I hope not, but I can't deny the feeling. I still don’t really feel like I did when I have been PG in the past. FXD (tightly.) I am still SUPER tired. SS is decreasing = Fatigue is all I can list today and it isn't as bad as the last few days. :dust: :dust:

Looks like I'm out this month got my af today! I'm so confused didn't get my smiley face until day 17 and got my af on day 25. My cycles are ranging from 25-29 days is this normal???:shrug:

im sorry hun. it could have been the opk was wrong or you have a progesterone problem. i did and had to use a supplemental cream to get my luteal phase to be long enough to get pregnant. my cycles were 24-28 days and my luteal phase was between 8-10 days. its just not long enough for it to implant. some women just need to use a b complex to lengthen it.:hugs:

Hello ladies just passing by to check up on you guys, hope all is well, I have been so busy, Good luck everyone! :hugs:

Hi ladies, thanks GLITTER for checking up... been a little slow in here....

AFM… 14DPO, Temps are still high but going back down.... Still not sleeping as good, probably just sad. Not to mention DW is taking this bfn alot harder than our others, she really thought we were PG. BFN on the test this morning, but no :af:! Not planning to test again, just wait on that damn withc. SS = None. I added my name to OCt thread, hoping that is a bfp month for me, it is also the month our daughter was born so...:dust: :dust:

Personally, I hate them. First of all, I don't think they work if you put them in after BDing. Just think, sliding that into place, who's to say you scooped up all the semen and it's actually being held against your cervix? What if the semen is puddled behind the cup and you're actually blocking it from reaching your cervix?

I feel differently about the benefits if the man were to actually ejaculate into the cup and you inserted it. However, you'd have to be skilled and experienced to make sure you didn't spill it out. If you go this route, yes, maybe it'll work.

Secondly, I find them to be uncomfortable to remove. Since the circular plastic surrounds your cervix, it scrapes up against it as you pull it out. For me, that was uncomfortable.

I have tried using them both as a conception aid and during AF (their intended use). I didn't like them at all for AF either. They leak sometimes, again are painful to remove and long story short, just not my cup of tea.

Now for those of you thinking I'm just using them wrong, I'm not. I actually use a lunette cup during AF. I have not purchased pads/tampons in months and never intend to go back. This cup is SO MUCH more comfortable and IMO leaps and bounds easier to insert/remove painlessly. However, if you place it just inside the vagina like instructed, it wouldn't serve the same purpose as the instead cups, since they hold semen (theoretically) against the cervix. This sits much lower. However, I have been able to use the larger (size 2) in the same fashion, against the cervix, with a little practice and if inserted properly, I would suggest this over the instead cups. It's also reusable. It can be used for years and after trying many things, this is my go to cup! https://www.lunette.com/

Personally, I hate them. First of all, I don't think they work if you put them in after BDing. Just think, sliding that into place, who's to say you scooped up all the semen and it's actually being held against your cervix? What if the semen is puddled behind the cup and you're actually blocking it from reaching your cervix

https://www.lunette.com/

I JUST asked a question about these things that said "How Do I Make Sure I "scooped" All The Sperm Into The Cup'.. and then in the details of my question I expressed that I was worried I would prehaps actually blocking them from my cervix! You sound exactly like me...

I have been using them for my AF for the last day, just to get the hang of using them when TTC, and the 3rd one leaked a little bit just a half and hour ago maybe.. The second one was fine too, and the 1st one I wore for 7 hours, no leakage, and then I sat down, heard a loud gurgle and it allll spilled out.. I wonder if the cup was too full of blood and that is what caused that to happen?

Am I using these right? Because every time I take the cup out, it looks as if there was definitely blood in the cup, but when I pull it out the blood comes out in the toilet and all over my hands (sorry TMI).. When I am laying down, or sitting, and if I insert a finger (tmi again), I can feel that the rim of the cup is up against my pelvic bone like it says it should be, but I can still fell the plastic bag the blood is suppose to collect in.. so am i inserting them correctly?

If feel like I am not, because I never have a cup of blood. Like I said it looks like the blood was in there, but when taking it out it goes everywhere else..

So I assume that since I am possibly not using them right during AF.. I wont be able to get them right when using them for TTC? I dont want to mess up my chances, and I am so afraid I may actually keep the sperm out!

Well, to check if it's inserted correctly, check your CP after you insert it. You should be able to feel your cervix through the plastic lining and that the rim is surrounding it. You should be pushing it up there pretty high. I actually had one turn inside out on my while trying to insert it and OUCH!!!

I noticed mine leaked more when I used the bathroom, but wasn't actually planning to change it. Like if you bear down at all, it pushes it out of place and it leaks.

I do remember it being messy to remove and because of the way you have to do it, I'm not surprised it all spills out. That doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't in right. Removing it takes some practice.

What I like about my lunette is that it stays in tact when you remove it, so after some practice, nothing spills out. I decided to use it after BDing the other morning, because I had to get up right away. I wore it a bit lower for a few minutes and after walking around everything kind of dripped into it, then I pushed it all the way up around my cervix. When I took it out, there was proof it was all in there, still was. So we'll see if that worked. We had also BD'd the previous two days though, so if I get a BFP I can't say with certainty the lunette cup had anything to do with it.

LIZZIES, they certainly aren't for everyone... We are all very different, in so many ways, including shapes, sizes, and pain thresholds.

I do agree that the semen being in the cup prior to insertion is good, as that's the only way we can do it. I cannot be familiar with the "scooping" method so can't comment. I hope that you find something that works for you and you see a bfp soon Hun! GL

Well, to check if it's inserted correctly, check your CP after you insert it. You should be able to feel your cervix through the plastic lining and that the rim is surrounding it. You should be pushing it up there pretty high. I actually had one turn inside out on my while trying to insert it and OUCH!!!

I noticed mine leaked more when I used the bathroom, but wasn't actually planning to change it. Like if you bear down at all, it pushes it out of place and it leaks.

I do remember it being messy to remove and because of the way you have to do it, I'm not surprised it all spills out. That doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't in right. Removing it takes some practice.

What I like about my lunette is that it stays in tact when you remove it, so after some practice, nothing spills out. I decided to use it after BDing the other morning, because I had to get up right away. I wore it a bit lower for a few minutes and after walking around everything kind of dripped into it, then I pushed it all the way up around my cervix. When I took it out, there was proof it was all in there, still was. So we'll see if that worked. We had also BD'd the previous two days though, so if I get a BFP I can't say with certainty the lunette cup had anything to do with it.

That sounds like it would hurt like hell!

When inserting them, I would be laying down on my back, then I would push it down.. thanks for the the tips about feeling for me cervix through the plastic :) I will try another softcup tonight and do that after I insert it. Trying to get this down packed because I should be ovulating right after AF...

There is no way that my OH is gonna ejaculate into the cup though LOL. NO WAY he would do that. We both have a very high sex drive and like the baby making for our own pleasure LOL. I can also see how it would be very hard (for me) to insert the cup when it was all fileed up..

Personally, I hate them. First of all, I don't think they work if you put them in after BDing. Just think, sliding that into place, who's to say you scooped up all the semen and it's actually being held against your cervix? What if the semen is puddled behind the cup and you're actually blocking it from reaching your cervix?

i can fully respect someone not liking them. i would never use them for af. the thought of reaching in there while on af grosses me out. i wouldnt use them or anything like them. not that it bugs me that some women do, just that its def not for me.

i can say however that they absolutely do work for putting them in after BDing. when you put them in right nothing comes out when you stand up. thats how you know its being held up against the cervix and not pooled behind. i used them both ways to get pregnant 2 times and both ways thats how i could tell they were in correctly. both ways nothing ever came out at any point while i had them in. and when i took them out they were empty. its empty because its all up inside the uterus. it wasnt messy to remove or painful either. i think thats just certain bodies and not the softcup. i also know there is an old thread on here when i first joined bnb where some women only used them after BDing and got preggo.

i do know that some women on here have a tilted uterus and have a harder time with them. for some women its just like mrs said too that every woman is different and what works and is comfortable for some isnt for others. for me they worked great and were not painful at all, i didnt even notice they were in. im glad you found an alternative

i can fully respect someone not liking them. i would never use them for af. the thought of reaching in there while on af grosses me out. i wouldnt use them or anything like them. not that it bugs me that some women do, just that its def not for me.

i can say however that they absolutely do work for putting them in after BDing. when you put them in right nothing comes out when you stand up. thats how you know its being held up against the cervix and not pooled behind. i used them both ways to get pregnant 2 times and both ways thats how i could tell they were in correctly. both ways nothing ever came out at any point while i had them in. and when i took them out they were empty. its empty because its all up inside the uterus. it wasnt messy to remove or painful either. i think thats just certain bodies and not the softcup. i also know there is an old thread on here when i first joined bnb where some women only used them after BDing and got preggo.

i do know that some women on here have a tilted uterus and have a harder time with them. for some women its just like mrs said too that every woman is different and what works and is comfortable for some isnt for others. for me they worked great and were not painful at all, i didnt even notice they were in. im glad you found an alternative

So have you got any tips for me as to putting them in correctly and making sure the sperm are actuall in the cup and not on the sides leaking out and getting blocked from my cervix? I desperately want to use them this cycle!

have you practiced with them before hun? i never tried them for af, but i know some girls practice that way. i figured if my cervix wasnt close to the same spot or soft as when ovulating, it wouldnt help me too much. i started practicing shortly after af was all done. about 6 days before ov was expected. i just kept laying there after BDing with my hips elevated and squeezed the cup together, pushed it in towards a downward motion. when it felt all the way back and wouldnt go anymore i let it unfold. i always had preseed in it too. when you think about it theres not really anywhere for the sperm to go. the semen holds them together and its not a wide open space in there. the vaginal walls all come together when something is not in there. if nothing comes out when you stand up then its in right. if something does come out you can catch it and take the cup out, put it in the cup and put it back in place. i know some girls in the older softcup thread would stay down for a minute, then stand up and catch it all in the cup and put it in that way. i never did that, but it works. :thumbup: i would always know everything made its way in when i would take it out and it would be empty. knowing how much usually comes out, i wouldve noticed if anything was making its way out. i left mine in for anywhere between 8-12 hrs. sometimes i would sleep with it in an sometimes i would wear it all day. i only had to use them a total of two months. got pregnant after first month using them, had my baby, used them again, got pregnant that first month too, had that baby. hope that helps! :hugs:

morning girls :hi: happy friday staying in waiting for the carpet man for my stairs i have picked black my hall is white lime black so think it will go nice all my house nearly done now for Christmas nice and cosy we will be well think i am going to o soon bad pains i have had for 3 days now going to do a opk in a bit x x x

I feel differently about the benefits if the man were to actually ejaculate into the cup and you inserted it. However, you'd have to be skilled and experienced to make sure you didn't spill it out. If you go this route, yes, maybe it'll work.

This is my exact worry, that the cup might not scoop up the semen and therefore would BLOCK it from the cervix! One time when I removed the cup, a bunch of semen then fell out of me. So the next time I had hubby deposit directly into the cup, then added some sperm-friendly lube, and inserted it - it worked fine, there was no risk of spillage. In future, if we BD, I will stay lying down for a a while, then expel the semen into the cup and insert it - that way I'll know for sure that the semen is in the cup.

Secondly, I find them to be uncomfortable to remove. Since the circular plastic surrounds your cervix, it scrapes up against it as you pull it out. For me, that was uncomfortable.

I have tried using them both as a conception aid and during AF (their intended use). I didn't like them at all for AF either. They leak sometimes, again are painful to remove and long story short, just not my cup of tea.

That's really unfortunate - everyone's body must hold them differently, because I was so scared of them for so long because I'd heard they were difficult to remove, but when I finally tried them I found them really easy to remove! Unlike my Femmecup...

Now for those of you thinking I'm just using them wrong, I'm not. I actually use a lunette cup during AF. I have not purchased pads/tampons in months and never intend to go back. This cup is SO MUCH more comfortable and IMO leaps and bounds easier to insert/remove painlessly. However, if you place it just inside the vagina like instructed, it wouldn't serve the same purpose as the instead cups, since they hold semen (theoretically) against the cervix. This sits much lower. However, I have been able to use the larger (size 2) in the same fashion, against the cervix, with a little practice and if inserted properly, I would suggest this over the instead cups. It's also reusable. It can be used for years and after trying many things, this is my go to cup! https://www.lunette.com/

I also have a Femmecup, I think it's v similar to a lunette. I'm really glad it works for you! Everyone's different, I am not a fan of it at all - it slides up too far, I panic that I can't reach it, it's impossible to grab hold of, then it's impossible to break the seal, it feels like it's pulling my insides out. Its advantages TTC-wise are that at least you know it's not blocking any semen from the cervix, and you know nothing can leak out; but the downside is that the semen collects in the cup far away from the cervix, rather than being held close to it. (For the life of me I can't imagine how I would get the Femmecup against my cervix - my body must be v different!)

Thanks for voicing the concern about blocking the cervix, I have this same worry! Good luck :dust:

I'm still confused about how to be sure its not blocking the sperm from my cervix.. So basically its a guessing game? Lol. I have been using this during AF to practice. I notice that when removing the cup, I hear a gurgle when pulling the rim down from behind my pelvic bone, then it all comes rushing out all over my hands (sorry tmi).. So it sounds like the blood was actually in the cup.. Only a little leaks out after having it in for 7 hours or so. So does it sound like I am inserting it correctly?

So after BD'ing, the sperm should be all pooled together against my cerivix, so if I put it in the same way I have been with Af, does it sound like the sperm should go in the cup? The only way I will be able to tell its in there right is if nothing comes out when I stand up? I honestly can't see how ALL of it would go in the cup, because when your putting the cup in, wouldn't the rim of the cup scrape some of it on the outside?

Sorry if my questions seem stupid..this is just so confusing for me LOL...

whimesy- it was no guessing for me. normally everything comes right out even if i lay there a half hour. absolutely nothing came out when i used the cups. you have to figure too that if you miss a couple its ok. there is over a million sperm in a normal ejaculation. if your partner has a normal sperm count, its ok if you miss a couple. most of them die or are expelled in the vagina normally. by the time the living ones make it up to the egg, theres not that many left. by using a cup, you will give more a chance to get up there alive. using preseed will help even more stay alive to reach the egg. you only need one to reach the egg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->