Softcups

I used them for 2 months and got my BFP. All I know is that when I inserted them and later stood up nothing came out. It was fantastic. I would take it out the next morning and only a tiny bit of semen/preseed remained. They aren't for everyone but I'm a firm believer in them!

OK blessedmomma, thank you so much for being so patient with me LOL. What youre saying makes sense, and I am still going to practice till AF is over. If I can get them to not leak, and learn to take them out without getting blood all over my hands, Im going to use them for AF... I like the idea of them.. they seem healthier and its green!

I am definitely using them for ttc... Ill just practice a bit more when AF stops so I can feel around for my cervix and see that they are actually around it and stuff.. Im not getting all up in there while im bleeding LOL.

My OH wont let me use preseed while we are having sex because he wants to do this "all natural" He doesnt want any assistance making babies.. I said its just lube.. he doesnt care he wants to do it all natural.. I could see him not liking it anyways because I heard the preseed is slippery, and he likes the friction (tmi sorry).. But Im gonna see if he will let me use it in the cups..

And actually when reading reviews on this, one girl worked at a lab, and she used the cup for TTC.. the first time she didnt use preseed, and all the sperm where dead when she looked at them under the microscope, but most were alive when she used the preseed she said! So basically seems like its needed after hearing that, and ill use it in the cups whether OH likes it or not, now that I think about it LOL.

love- that sounds just like my experience. :thumbup:

whimesy- i hope it works out for you hun:hugs: i would def suggest putting it in the cup. it wont effect DH at all that way and the spermies will still have that extra protection

I'm going through that now. DH says he doesn't like how the preseed feels, so lastnight i had to put it in the cup and use it that way. I am definitely not gonna stop using the preseed all together. It costs too much money to waste!

Hi ladies. I used the cup last night but no preseed cause dh doesn't like it all. I was Gina get it and just use in the cup but I never got around to it before he got home.

Baby Dust to all

I used them 2 out of the 3 times I BD'd the week of ovulation, and who knows, it might have helped me get pregnant :thumbup:

Hello Softcup users and Softcup-curious - I just want to report a Softcup success story, this is the first cycle that I've used them, and I got a :bfp: !!! I am sure the Softcups contributed to this.

I am 39 and we'd been TTC for a year (4m since a loss). I would definitely recommend the Softcups to help keep the swimmers close to the cervix and give them up to 12 hours to find their way up. I would add the proviso that I am personally nervous about being sure that the cup scoops up the swimmers (rather than pushing them aside and blocking them) so I stayed lying down or legs up the wall for at least 30 mins to give them a head start, and one time I had OH deposit directly in the cup; another piece of advice I've seen on this thread that I like is after lying down for 30 mins, expel the swimmers into the cup, then insert, so you're sure you've got them all. Also add Preseed or Conceive+ to the cup before insertion.

I should add that I had previously used a Femmecup (like a Mooncup) because I'd read that they were similar to Softcups - but I found that they are VERY different, the Softcup is soft and sits right against your cervix, whilst the Femmecup is hard and isn't near the cervix at all (not mine, anyway!). Personally, I am not a fan of the Femmecup at all, found it painful and awful to remove, but I loved using the Softcups and found them really easy to insert and remove.

This cycle I also used soy isoflavens, maca (1tsp on non-soy days, stop at BFP), Clearblue Monitor and the Sperm Meets Egg Plan.

Thanks to all the wonderful women on the Softcup thread for your advice and support! Lots of good luck and :dust: to everyone!!! xxx

congrats cypress! so good to hear success stories. happy and healthy 9 months to you:flower:

congrats to all who got there bfps and good luck to all who are waiting x x x

I live in ireland where can I get these?? Want to try them this month :)

Hmmmm good question... I am not sure in Ireland, but here in the States, you can get them at drug stores, pharmacies, etc (over the counter) They are usually located near the products for AF, as that is what it actual use is.... GL, someone please chime in and let SHORTY know. If not, you can find them on https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/extra-sensitive-pregnancy-test.html look on the list on the lefthand side.... GL

Hi!

I am a new member here, and would like to join your company!
Actually I have been reading this thread for about one month....LOTS of pages and LOTS of BFPs! :thumbup:

This was my first try with softcups this month, and I am waiting the result in the next few days... Second round of clomid, praying for a BFP for 13 months...

Shorty88, I live in Greece and I bought mine from oochi.biz (I just discovered I am not allowed to post the link as new member)

I liked the "no-mess" with them! And I am looking forward to be one of the next success stories here!

All the best to all of you, happy pregnancy to those expecting, and very soon BFPs to those trying!

i have a question, and i don't want this to be a downer for those considering trying softcups in ttc, but i was wondering if any post-bd softcup users have gotten urinary tract infections.

i'm almost 32 years old and have never had a UTI in my life. I used softcups after BD this cycle and got a UTI. it could of course be due to other things like not getting enough to drink, frequent BD, and most importantly i didn't get up to pee after BD, which is recommended to avoid UTIs. i was just wondering if i'm alone or if others have experienced this as well.

i still plan to use them next cycle if i don't get my BFP this month. :)

Maggie, it's funny you should ask about UTI's because I very rarely get them and I had one this past month.

I don't think it's from the softcups though. I had so much other stuff going on down there, including progesterone and estradiol suppositories. Plus a bunch of ultrasounds and an IUI etc, and a lot of sex of course.

The more stuff that goes on down there, sex etc, the more likely a UTI will happen. It's a bummer. I just finished my antibiotics last night.

Good luck on your BFP!
:dust:

Last cycle ttc was the first time I've ever had semen inside of me and I was much more irritated than usual. I hope I don't get any infections but depending on how long we are Ttc for i think it's inevitable. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->