Softcups

Maggiepie I've never had a UTI from using the softcups and I've used them 3 cycles now, but I always put them in and then go pee. Don't know if that has anything to do with it our not. Hope you feel better soon.

Shorty like the others said in the US they are at drug stores where AF products are, but I'd try one of those web sites to get some if they aren't on the shelves where you live. They are very inexpensive. I pay about $6.00 for a box

Well I tried them today after BD'ing with my dude, and none of the semen leaked out at all, so I must have done it right! I guess ill see when I take it out!

I had the same concern, but I think I have used them right too... Only one time I noticed some minor losses, but I think those were already "out" when I was placing it...:blush: next times I was trying to include everything while placing...when I took out next day there was every time some small amount of material in it as well, meaning that probably the :spermy: were kept in place...
However today 13 DPO, 2 days prior to AF I tested with internet stip BFN....guess I am out this month.... next one I am definitely using them again. Until then, waiting to read about some more BFPs here to feel better!

Good deal Whimsey. I like the "no mess" they provide!

mybabystar...it's not over until the river flows so don't count yourself out yet.

2dpo here...nothing to report other than feeling like a cry baby.

Can someone help me please!!! Im building up to my third month of ttc with Softcups. My other half does his bit straight into the cup then I insert it after putting preseed in it too. When I go to the loo a while after I notice some of the stuff from the cup on the loo roll is this normal? Also when I take the cup out hours after there is still stuff in the cup again should there be? :shrug:

MAGG, I have not gotten a UTI from soft cups, I have been TTC for years! GL Hun!

THORNTONS, relax Hun, there will be something left in the cup more often than not. You have to remember, sperm and semen are not the same, the semen is the "other" stuff with sperm. It is ok, that is to be disgarded. You are good to go. I use fert clinic "donations" and you can purchase "washed" which means only sperm, not semen.... Nothing to worry about, you are now in the TWW!!! GL :dust:

Thortons, when I took the cup out last night I noticed there was a little bit of stuff in the cup.. Not a lot though, I looked like preseed.. I put some preseed like on the rim, and then enough in the cup so that it dripped down and covered the sides of the cup.. I think like the little "nipple" of the cup was filled with preseed when I put it in and that was it.. So there was kind of an odd mixture when I took it out, but I know OH ejaculated into me a LOT before that, so most of it must have got up there, I think what was left over was just semen, although there is no way of telling the difference that I know of..unless you had a microscope! LOL

Why is your OH ejaculating into the cup though? That seems odd. but to each their own, please dont think I am knocking you for doing that! It just seems odd to me because, when a man ejaculates, the sperm get in there pretty far.. It splashes all over your cervix and goes into the seminal pool.. So even if you jump up and down, pee or whatever, nothing can get rid of that seminal pool... So it just seems better to me to have you OH ejaculate in you, and then use the cup that way you get the natural seminal pool and the extra help from the cup...

Also that way nothing leaks out.. or at least for me it did not. I could see some spilling if the cup was already full, and that is probably what got on the TP..

i never got a uti from using softcups. i hope you get it cleared up really soon!

thorntons- how long are you leaving the cup in? i noticed the longer i left it in the less was in there. it could be anything on the loo roll when you wipe and it could be some semen or even some sperm but im sure the most of them are getting in there. are you lying back after your Dh gets them in there to put it in? i always did it that way when he put them in there first and i never noticed any coming out. i wouldnt worry about doing it either way. if you get them held up against the cervix, thats the point of it. my Dh didnt mind doing it either way. he wasnt picky lol:haha: also are you making sure you are ovulating when you use them? your cervix wont be open if you are not ovulating. when i first started ttc i was only basing it off of a website that said when i was likely ovulating. so i found out after temping and using opk's that i ovulated way earlier than what they said. i also had a problem with my luteal phase and had to use supplements until it was long enough to be able to get pregnant. how much are you checking your cycle to know any other potential problems that could be keeping you from getting pregnant? i hope you get your bfp soon!:hugs:

Thorntons I think the ladies all gave great info. I always have some left over stuff in the cup even if I don't use Pre-Seed. It's completly normal

I just wanted to offer an update. This was my second cycle using soft cups and pre-seed and no luck for me :( I'm not giving up on them though! I do really like the "no mess" after BDing when I use them.

So when checking my cervix today, maybe about 2 hours ago, after I got out of the shower, I noticed that the "left overs" that were in the softcup when I took it out. Like it looked like white old sperm...I don't know if it had some preseed in there too..but that's what it looked like. Has anyone experienced this?

So when checking my cervix today, maybe about 2 hours ago, after I got out of the shower, I noticed that the "left overs" that were in the softcup when I took it out. Like it looked like white old sperm...I don't know if it had some preseed in there too..but that's what it looked like. Has anyone experienced this?

Whimesy, I'm not sure what you mean. Was it sort of foamy, or cloudy?

It is likely not sperm but semen, the residue from an full on ejaculation....

AFM...Nothing new to report, all can be seen in my chart... CM checks begin today, and OPKS starting this weekend. Stocked up on baby aspirin, robitussin, folic acid, even primrose oil, B6, green tea, preseed, softcups and "donations". Operation Prepare for SMEP has begun!!! I have been exercising really regularly as well so I am feeling good.

Hi girls, here I am still waiting AF or BFP but none yet... temp 36.8 every day...let's see...

Fluterby429, 2 DPO is just the beginning...Normal to feel nothing yet... Hope this time the :spermy: has met the egg! :flower:

Messymommy, sorry the bitch got you... I wish this is her last visit for the next 9 months! I read that you started TTC last September, I started then too! Looks our cycles are parallel also. Good luck this one!:baby:

I'm doing my best not to SS this time. I'm just letting go and what will be will be. I think I'm more relaxed about it this cycle since I know I will get to try again the next cycle. This is the first time in the 19mo since my TR that I've been able to try twice in a row! I will not get to try at all in Nov. but should be able to sometime again in Dec. and should be back to back from there on out since DH and I will FINALLY be living together again!!!

I'm doing my best not to SS this time. I'm just letting go and what will be will be. I think I'm more relaxed about it this cycle since I know I will get to try again the next cycle. This is the first time in the 19mo since my TR that I've been able to try twice in a row! I will not get to try at all in Nov. but should be able to sometime again in Dec. and should be back to back from there on out since DH and I will FINALLY be living together again!!!

Gosh, as if TTC isn't complicated enough, but to add living apart to the mix!! Good for you for keeping calm!

Too bad you can't conceive from phone sex. :) Maybe someday. hehe

Good luck!

I haven't logged on in awhile, but I just wanted to stop by this thread to tell everyone that I had softcups success!!! After 2 years of trying, I finally got pregnant on the 1st cycle of using softcups, and in addition I used preseed and OPK's.

Fingers crossed and good luck to you all!

I haven't logged on in awhile, but I just wanted to stop by this thread to tell everyone that I had softcups success!!! After 2 years of trying, I finally got pregnant on the 1st cycle of using softcups, and in addition I used preseed and OPK's.

HolyCannoli that's so exciting! Congrats!

yay congrats!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->