Softcups

Hi ladies, mind if i join y'all? I've joined the softcup club because we were havin some ttc problems. DH 'deposited' into softcup. I used preseed, then inserted softcup. Then O :)
Would love this to work for us!!

I have a q for you softcup pros - how do i know if i have inserted the softcup high enough?

And are there any success stories of DIY insemination using this method?

Good luck everyone & lots of babydust x

Hi ladies, mind if i join y'all? I've joined the softcup club because we were havin some ttc problems. DH 'deposited' into softcup. I used preseed, then inserted softcup. Then O :)
Would love this to work for us!!

I have a q for you softcup pros - how do i know if i have inserted the softcup high enough?

And are there any success stories of DIY insemination using this method?

Good luck everyone & lots of babydust x

Hey!

It looks like you're doing it the right way! Usually right after the big O, I insert a finger in and push softcup up closer to the cervix so the swimmers cover it up. You can feel your cervix being inside the cup like in the pool, yet you don't get any leakage. I think I've mastered leakage-free insertions lol

I've heard success stories about at-home insemination. Some couples use syringe, some softcup ... I personally think softcups are way better! No spilling, no leakage, you can have swimmers near your cervix for as long as 12hours ...

Hope you get your BFP this way :) good luck x

Thank you so much Valerie. Seemed to work well. Just taken it out, otherwise if it was in overnight would be more like 14 hrs, which im assuming is too long. Only trouble is the removal... I find that v difficult. I havent been able to do it & had to get DH to do needful. I would prefer to be able to do it myself but I just cant find the rim. Anyway its out now but I got upset. If we're going to make this wrk I do need to get the hang of it & not panic!! It was in for about 5-6 hrs. I like your suggestion for manipulating it a bit once its in (after o). Will try that tomor. Got opk smiley face today.
Good luck to you too x

Thank you so much Valerie. Seemed to work well. Just taken it out, otherwise if it was in overnight would be more like 14 hrs, which im assuming is too long. Only trouble is the removal... I find that v difficult. I havent been able to do it & had to get DH to do needful. I would prefer to be able to do it myself but I just cant find the rim. Anyway its out now but I got upset. If we're going to make this wrk I do need to get the hang of it & not panic!! It was in for about 5-6 hrs. I like your suggestion for manipulating it a bit once its in (after o). Will try that tomor. Got opk smiley face today.
Good luck to you too x

If you insert it correctly, there should be no problem with taking it out. The best position is to be on a bed/chair but half-sitting, not quite horizontal. You squeeze cup in the middle so you don't spill plus it's easier to insert it. Then you insert it, going down, its like 20 degrees angle, cup isn't supposed to go straight but under an angle. Once it's completely in push it down with a tip of ur finger until it stops, then push the rim up. It supposed to be behind pubic bone. Then you can insert finger in to make sure cervix is covered by cup (therefore is in sperm). When you want to take cup out, you insert finger in, find a rim and pull it out. HTH x

To take it out, sit on the toilet, or squat in the shower or tub, insert finger, and bear down like you are pushing a baby (or poop!) out. You should be able to hook the rim that way, and bearing down makes it easier to reach and it comes out easier. GL!! I swear, bearing down makes all the difference.

Thanks Valerie & Daisy, got the hang of it :thumbup:

& Daisy yer right about bearing down.

Anyway managed 3 goes of the softcup/insemination method this cycle, so fx!!!

Anyone got any success stories?

Good luck ladies x

hi ladies !

gonna do my 1st insem in 2 weeks using softcups ! I have used them before, so know the trick to getting them in and out...but I just wanted to clarify the order of what I'm doing so I don't screw it up ! lol

-he will do his thing into the cup
-I pour it into the softcup, insert with a lil bit of preseed
-come to O
-push bottom of cup so the cervix touches the spermies
-wait either overnight or upto 8 hours (?) before removing

how does this sound ?? any other suggestions ??

Hi dodgegirl, orgasm is supposed to help the sperm travel so I would've thought if you are pushing the bottom of the cup to do that before you O or before & after :shrug:. But sounds a good plan :thumbup: x

well yeah when I put it in, i will mush it all around up there, then O, then mush it up again.

You've actually given me an idea - I'm really concerned my cm is hostile & clomid has dried me right up. I was thinking maybe I should inseminate using the softcups & put loads of pre-seed in with it. I'm gonna put it by DH tonight, though he may not agree. I would still have intercourse the odd time just so we're covering both bases x

So Saturday, day 9 (early i know but i can have short cycles so we decided to start sat), the Instead cup went in perfectly no leakage was a hassle to get out though lol. Then today day 11 the cup I thought went in fine but there was leakage after about 10 minutes and it was easy as pie to get out.. Is this just because of the way I put it in or could it be changes to my body as I get closer to ovulation? Just curious if anyone has had this type of experience where it works fine then you just can't get it in right?

I dont think i had leakage - i put the preseed in first (using the applicator that comes with some preseed). Then he came into softcup, then softcup inserted, then o. Was quite wet prior to the o with all the preseed so hard to tell if leaking but fairly sure i didnt as preseed & semen are different enough - so not sure what to suggest, hopefully we'll hear from more experienced softcup ladies ... X

Dipsysp this happens with me too and I've been using softcups for, must be 6-8 months. One night it's fine, the next I can feel it, or get leakage :shrug:. I don't know whether it's me, or my body changing.

So DH, though thinks it's mad, agreed to give the depositing in the cup thing a go last night :thumbup:. I would be interested to know of any success stories with this method? :flower: x

There can be leakage sometimes with Instead cups, it could be semen or could be your cervical mucus or pre-seed if you use it ... If I use pre-seed then I try to squirt it in 30 mins prior to inserting cup, this way if there is any excess, I can wipe it off before putting cup in. Pre-seed has different smell to semen so if there is a leakage I give it a sniff (LOL sorry I know TMI but honest) ... and it looks different too, pre-seed is more wet and slippery where semen is bit cloudy ... HTH x

Some people say the Diva cup sits too low to help HOWEVER there are a lot of ladies on here that tried them out and got a BFP the first time, so I'd like to think it wouldn't hurt to try :)

Has anyone experienced discomfort and bleeding when using these? I bled during ovulation when using these a few days ago - it was very uncomfortable and sore :(

I bled a few times with them! No soreness though. I think I just irritated my cervix or something. I only noticed blood when taking them out, so I recommend using a lube with them (a sperm friendly lube) and also taking them out as slowly as possible.

I just used these for the first time tonight and my husband's eyes got so big when I brought them out. Lol. He seemed so scared of it, he asked "what the hell is that?!" I couldn't stop laughing and didn't want to freak him out anymore so I just told him the only thing he needs to know is that there will be no more wet spot. Hehe, oh the weird things our men put up with in our quest for a baby. :)

That's so funny!

Update on me. Tried them for 2 cycles, and still no BFP. We are no on our 7th cycle. Getting a full fertility work up done, and so far nothing obvious, but it's still in progress. My FSH is normal, DH's SA was normal (although morphology was quite low, but they tell me it's OK), and I get my HSG done on Monday. Other blood work in progress.

Don't think the cups are helping me, but doubt they hurt either. I will continue to use them mainly because I like that they prevent leakage, both throughout the night, and especially if we DTD in the morning.

Well made it through my first night with a softcup and I have to say they are extremely comfortable, couldn't even tell it was in! I will definitely continue to use and hope I will have a success to report in a couple weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->