• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Softcups

Hello all... I am new to the site and thread... but not new to TTCing. MY DH went through a Vasectomy reversal. So we are TTC #2. We have a 5 year old son. Anywho.. this is our 7th cycle trying (temping, OPK's, preseed, and soy isoflavones CD 1-5 for the last two cycles.) . .. and our 1st using soft cups + the preseed. We were just using preseed before and elevating. So I am praying that this does the trick. Anyone one have any success with the softcups? I am loving them so far and so is DH. Anywho... Let me know

I am new to this thread too! I used a soft cup for the first time last night with preseed. I had no problem getting it in, but when I went to get it out I could barely get the tip of my finger around it. Luckily I got it out; not comfortably though. How far are you suppose to put it in? I think I must have put it in two far. It was comfortable when it was in though. Also when I took it out there wasn't that much semen in it so I am not sure if I even put it in right. Ugh. Any advice ladies???

There are some helpful videos on youtube about how to put them in. You squeeze the rim together with the baggie part hanging down, and basically slide it in. When I do it, it always just pops into place. To get it out, bear down (like you are going #2) and it makes it MUCH easier to grab and pull out. GL!

Okay I have another question. I took the cup out this morning before work. Then today I have had clear cm, ewcm, and basically just liquid even. It was weird. I am suppose to ovulate any day now, so it could be from that. But how long after the cup comes out does it take for everything to come out?? I think I put it in right today, but yesterday I think I put it in wrong cause there was not much in the cup.

Okay I have another question. I took the cup out this morning before work. Then today I have had clear cm, ewcm, and basically just liquid even. It was weird. I am suppose to ovulate any day now, so it could be from that. But how long after the cup comes out does it take for everything to come out?? I think I put it in right today, but yesterday I think I put it in wrong cause there was not much in the cup.

well if you have EWCM then you must be ovulating. Have u been taking OPK's ? nothing really should come out after the cup ? at least i havent had that happen... you really can't put the cup in wrong, if you put it in and you can feel it then you did put it in wrong but you would know because it's really uncomfortable. when you take the cup out there shouldn't be much in the cup either ?

To those of you saying there wasnt much in the cup when you took it out...there isnt supposed to be! Your cervix sucked the sperm up and left the cup empty- yay!!

oh yay! I didn't know that. That's good news. Thanks ladies!! I really like the soft cups, no more wet spots!!

I sometimes get stuff coming out for a couple of hours after the cup, I use pre-seed so it's on my vaginal walls and therefore not collected in the cup and sometimes takes a while to come out. Semen doesn't come out though, only the preseed.

I found that when I took it out, it was covered in sperm...not pleasant. I don't think I was doing anything wrong though... :s. It didn't work for us, I used them for one month xxx

When I take them out, there is usually a mix of semen and cm in there. Some milky stuff and some clear. If we are bding lot, then there is less in the cup. If it's the first time in a couple days, there is more. Anything that comes out later is my cm... Hope that helps!

I tend to have semen mixed with cm leftovers in the cup too. You can't have it completely empty and dry, sperm goes right into cervix (especially after big O) and you're left with semen and cm.

I too use pre-seed and it comes out a little bit even when cup is in. I try to use pre-seed 30 mins before I insert cup so it has a chance to leak out a little beforehand so I can wipe some off before cup goes in.

If you squeeze cup in the middle and insert it under like 30 degrees angle, it slides right in and stays comfortably inside with a rim behind pubic bone. Never had a problem with putting it in or taking it out. I usually put cup in before bed and take it out when I wake up early in the morning, so have cup for about 6-8hrs.

I also manipulate cup while inside before and after a big O, just putting finger in under the cup sack and pushing sperm to cover cervix etc hoping more sperm gets sucked in.

The spermies are swimming in semen, and I had both experiences: sometimes my cup was completely empty, and sometimes there was a little leftover. But the leftovers aren't always sperm, it's the fluid sperm lives in, which is fine! But either way, a TON of sperm is getting into you where it needs to be!

I heard a moon cup wont work as well because the cup is too deep and it doesn't sit next to your cervix like the softcups do. I'm sure it wont hurt, but you might want to pick up some softcups.
So I have been doing the SMEP for the last week, did Clomid for my first time, used softcups every time after bd this month for the first time and I should O today or tomorrow . I feel like if it doesn't happen this month, its just not going to happen! I've pulled out all the tricks this time so I'm praying it works!!

So the other night I put the softcup in inside-out...Does that matter?? Did I totally ruin the BD session by doing that?

Nah I don't think it really matters. It's OK. I freaked out one time that I put it in upside down, and had a panic attack about it, and pulled the dang thing out (along with everything else) - now that wasn't smart!

I didn't realize there was an inside-out way. Crap... I hope I did it right, it seemed to go one way so hopefully that was the right way. We will find out in a couple weeks though. I am in the waiting game now.

Yeah one way the cup just hangs down and theres a nice ridge and inside out the cup flips over the ridge... I don't think I'm describing it good, lol, but yes there is an inside out. It's hard to tell if you got it right when you are trying to slyly put it in under the covers so you don't freak out your hubby with more ttc contraptions! Haha, oh well I'm sure it will be fine either way.

hahaha! That is why I wasn't sure. I try to do it quick when he gets up to go to the restroom. I will have to pay attention better next time. Good to know though; better to find out now than after trying it for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->