Softcups

I have used the softcups for AF (once didn't really like it for that purpose) and used them for this cycle of TTC. When I tried using it for TTC I found that if i sat on the toilet or squatted in general the contents of the cup spilled. I had almost ruled them out when one day I put a softcup in while I lay down in bed after sex. I found it was much easier to insert it in the correct way from that position. I have not had any spillage since.

I just wanted to update on this thread that I got my BFP this month and I really think the softcups make a difference. I would totally recommend them!

Woohoo Modo!!! Congrats on your BFP!! I used them this month too so Fx'd that I'll get mine too!!!

I'm so sorry but "soft cups" :haha: if i showed my DH he would just roll his eyes and say FFS! but they sure sound like a good idea and by the sounds of it (CONGRATS MODO) they work. Not sure if id use them until month 4 of TTC but hey worth a go.

Laura x

I tried to use them, I really did, but they are giant!!!!

Modo congrats on ur bfp!!!!!!!!!

I'm using them again this cycle, so fingers crossed I'll have good news in a few weeks.

Thanks for reposting Modo - didn't get any response to my post - all the ladies here have swung me to this method - congrats again.

I tried to use them, I really did, but they are giant!!!!

Modo congrats on ur bfp!!!!!!!!!

Thank you :) I really hope it sticks!

I had more luck getting them in place by laying down in bed and pushing it in downward. It supposed to go behind your pubic bone. When I tried putting them in any other way (like squatting or sitting on the toilet) it would not go in past my pubic bone.

Thanks for reposting Modo - didn't get any response to my post - all the ladies here have swung me to this method - congrats again.

No problem! Your thread in First Trimester reminded me to update this one. other people have posted in your thread there.

Thank you for the congrats! I really hope our beanie sticks.

Hi - congratulations Modo!! So exciting.

Just wanted to say - I used a softcup last night for first time, was very apprehensive as they are MASSIVE but read lots of tips on here and put it in lying down and was surprised how easily it slipped in and into the right spot!! Couldn't feel a thing. Left it in all night - about 8 hours. Was awful this morning though - a terrible scene trying to get it out, felt quite panicky as could not get it out but then pushed really hard down with my muscles(ones I guess I'll use when I'm pushing a baby out) and it slid forward and I grabbed it and so all was fine - now I know how to get it in and out am def going to use them for a couple cycles. NB I would never use this for AF as loads leakage when it came out - was so good no wet patch last night though!!.

Just wondered how soon anyone puts them in after BDing? Should a wait a while or do it straight away? Ladies with BFP's please let me know xxx

CONGRATS MODO!!! How fab is that! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

livbaybee1, honestly they are easier to insert than tampons because they are not absorbent so they won't take away any wetness (sorry TMI yet again from me :blush:).

I have found that they are a bit of a pain to remove because there's nothing to get hold of; you have to hook your finger over the rim which can be a little tricky. And I certainly wouldn't use them for AF because I have found that they are messy to remove. Definitely sit on the toilet when removing them lol.

I'll try again next month, it cant be that hard to use if you lo can do it! :)

If you have inserted the Cup incorrectly you find that it is sticking out past your pubic bone.

If you have inserted it correctly you have stick your finger in behind the pubic bone. Then in a hook-like motion and draw it out slowly and as straight as possible. You should not spill then.

Good luck girls!

I'll try again next month, it cant be that hard to use if you lo can do it! :)

Yeah you can do it! Just try putting it in bed and it really should be easier. I really have no idea how it can be used for AF as I never managed to insert it correctly on the toilet.

I put it in right after :sex:. Didn't want any of the little swimmers sneaking away!! I also left it in all night and no leakage!! Definitely have to sit on the toilet to remove!! Could be potentially messy otherwise!! To get it out, I was hooking my finger under the bottom of the rim and just gently pulled it out. Found it really easy to remove that way!! Just pulled it out slow and easy! It definitely holds everything in!! Hope this gives me my :bfp: this month!! Fx'd for all you ladies!!

I put it in right after :sex:. Didn't want any of the little swimmers sneaking away!! I also left it in all night and no leakage!! Definitely have to sit on the toilet to remove!! Could be potentially messy otherwise!! To get it out, I was hooking my finger under the bottom of the rim and just gently pulled it out. Found it really easy to remove that way!! Just pulled it out slow and easy! It definitely holds everything in!! Hope this gives me my :bfp: this month!! Fx'd for all you ladies!!

Did the same thing this cycle. Hope both get our :bfp:!! Fingers xx for you! :hugs:

can anyone tell me how long u can leave one of these things inside you?

Your dog is super cute!! Back to the topic, some people leave them in over night, some for a few hours. It's really just what ever works for you. They can be worn for 12 hours with your af though, in case you were wondering. Hope that helps! Good luck!!:hugs2:

Hi there, have got mine in right now - cant feel a thing - will prob leave in for 8 hours or so. Give those swimmers a fighter chance!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->