Some Good News, Finally

lunarsea

Mother & Expecting No. 2!
Reaction score
After going to the ER two nights in a row for two different reasons,
which I won't get into at the moment.

But found out everything was just fine! No infections or anything,
and feel like I cheated my way into getting 2 ultrasounds,
but I was only concerned for the baby's health, as I didn't even see him the second time.
But everything seems fine, and the second scan even seemed to show that my placenta is starting to move up, because he didn't even notice it was that low at all during the scan, and the ER doctor informed me that he didn't see it either.

Today at my appointment, my doctor said he'll still need to look at the ultrasound, just in case they were wrong (since it was such a short period of time in between the scan which they diagnosed the marginal placenta previa and the one I had had yesterday) and will call if it actually has moved up.
He hasn't yet, but I'm hoping he will. If not, I'm hopeful it will move up within the next appointment in 4 weeks (when baby's viable!)

I'm so relieved that everything is okay.

(still could do without the stretching and growing pains, but as long as LO is okay, thats all that matters)

and quick question,

they check for any changes in the cervix during the ultrasound don't they?

From what I was told they check the length of the cervix to make sure it can keep the baby in, this is why you have to drink a lot of water before the ultrasound.

No, I know that hah, I just didn't know if they check it through ultrasound or only pelvic exam/transvaginal ultrasound because I can't have either of those until my placenta for sure moves up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->