soooo confused. cant get my head around what i may or may not be entitled to!

sophie22

Reaction score
hi, well im hoping someone in the uk knows the answers!

i currently work fulltime, i am however on a temp contract as im an apprentice doing an nvq (i hate it so am not adversed to leaving) my nvq has to be handed in in may, to be completed fully by july. so im assuming thats when my contract ends even though it was a year contract and i started last march. i am supposed to be on maternity leave in may. but this isnt really the problem. i keep hearing people saying that they know someone who works 16 hours a week and gets the extra wage made up by the council/goverment and im thinking, well i want to be able to spend as much time with my baby as possible, so if there is a way i can afford not to work fulltime then i want to know about it.
trouble is i have no idea where to start. i have read things about if you work less than 16 hours, if you work over 16 hours, if you work 30 hours. and my head is spinning. i just cant understand it. also alot of people who get this stuff are single parents. although my friend says her friend isnt single and still gets it. so im confused. what exactly could we be entitled to, and how do we get it?
my boyfriend is self emplyed. the problem is, one week last year he earnt 18 grand between him and his business partner, but now hes on like 400 pounds a month. and that just isnt sustainable. it just all depends whats doing well at the time!
does anyone have a list of possible benefits and whats best? and how to go about it

phone up benefit enquiries there best place to get advise from x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->