Sooooooo is this bfp? Update no bleeding, squinters, hcg 2?????

Thank you! I have to say I truly believe this was a chemical. Still haven't had AF but I did start temping again and for the first week my temps were pretty wacky looking, up and down up and down. Then they just evened out and have been pretty stable for the past couple weeks. I feel like asking in a charting group but haven't had a chance but just my gut tells me it was truly a CP. And my hcg WAS raised when I got my bloods done, 2.46 I think. Not a pregnant level but I had the test done when my lines were UBER faint so I think it was residual or the come down from the original positive.

I DID invest in wondfos so I won't deal with frer again.

Chart

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 11
As far as I know, a chemical is when the egg is fertilized but for whatever reason doesn't implant or doesn't implant properly. So the fertilized egg has to come out at some point, usually within the first few days of a positive test. With my chemical, I started spotting just 2 days after my first positive. Hopefully that means this was not a chemical for you and just a really whacky series of events! Either that or your body is just taking a really long time to release the fertilized egg and you should start bleeding any time.

Yay, I do agree with the previous poster, you may actually want to go see you OB on this one, esp, since you two have obviously not decided whether you want to continue on with another baby. Bc "IF" it was a chemical and for some crazy reason it's still hanging around in there it could cause a major infection, that not only could result in a hystorectomy (which regardless of whether you want or do not want kids, I highly doubt you would want to go through, esp the hormone treatments) and even threaten your life. Sometimes you can have no symptoms of these types of things too until they get REALLY bad, so to be on the "safe side" If it were me, I would be making an appt with my gyno to explain the situation and make them do a US possibly with dye.

I agree with the other ladies. It seems strange if it were a chemical to not bleed, and if your 100% sure it was a pregnancy and not a batch of faulty tests or residual hcg giving faint lines then it's best to have a doctor check you over. Did you have any spotting at all? The bleeding doesn't have to have been heavy. If not I'd book an appointment, these things left can cause pretty serious infection if not treated.

I really hope you get these replies, hun, bc even though a lot of ladies think a chemical isnt that big of deal bc it's just a cluster of cells, it staying in there is huge deal. It's just like having a baby at 6-12wk die, in a way, bc it is still live tissue that dies and decay's. And if it doesnt come out on it's own, that stuff is still inside you reeking havoc on your body and a lot times things can be a symptomatic, meaning no symptoms at all until it's too late. Even with a chemical, you still need to have it come out and if it doesnt you may have to have a d&c which totally sucks but its better then losing your ability to have babies forever. I agree that you more then likely had a real chemical. The beta level of 2.46 was you level coming back down after the pregnancy became not viable, bc you did have nice clear lines with a progression and THEN they went down, and then you had the beta. I guarantee if the beta had been done the day of the proper bfp it would of been much higher, and you would of watched the levels come back down. No way it was residual hcg from your previous pregnancy, bc that was already 6 months pp, it only takes about 4-6 wks for hcg levels to drop pp. Did you ever have another beta and see your level return to 0?

With my chemical it was the same as you faint pink lines for 2 days then they faded away. This was a few years ago before frers changed. I didn't bleed until 2 weeks after the tests turned to BFN'S. Then after that I didn't have a cycle for 110 days it totally messed my body up.

Yeah I actually did a ton of research and many many many ladies with chemicals had no bleeding for weeks after a chemical. I take my wonky temps when I first started and the hcg of 2.46 as proof. . I'm good, I don't think a lingering tiny group of cells could cause an infection (now further along yes I know it could!) and I'm still EBF so hormones may just be off and wacky. Hence the temping. I'll know next time if I ovulate. But I'll be sure to keep my eye open for any problems. It took over a year to get a period after DD1.... So who knows. The whole experience has definitely made me question whether I want any more kids or not.

Thanks ladies for all support!!

Hi hun, I have read that every cycle a corpus luteum is formed and this remains on your ovary when the egg is released. It then disintegrates over time, but it produces a very small amount of hcg, and this is why tests up to 5 are considered not pregnant. If the corpus luteum fills with blood or fluid it becomes a cyst and this continues to produce more hcg and could even go above a level of 5, causing a false positive test.

Therefore a level between 2 and 3, as far as I understand, doesn't mean you were necessarily pregnant and could just be the normal fluctuation of hcg during a cycle.

I hope your cycle sorts itself out soon :hugs:

Right I am aware of the possibility of hcg producing follicle. I just think the presence of hcg, after my tests faded out, in conjunction with wacky temps that have recently leveled out and no period, all pretty much point to CP. Not just one sign, but many :) not trying to argue, just been down the TTC/miscarriage/accidental pregnancy roads before, and know my body pretty well. Pretty sure it was a CP.

Oh hun, I wasn't arguing either... I thought it would be easier on you if it was something else because of course it's not nice to have had to go through a loss of any sort :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->