Soy Isoflavones Poll

RhiannonBaby greaaat neews. Congratulations. I wish u a healthy pregnancy through out :)
It gives me hope tooo. Did you used to have regular cycle ie basal body charting and timing before taking Soy? And if not did it regulate your cycle.

Hmm.. Well I was going to try it. However, I cannot find it anywhere. I have looked practically everywhere I can think of. I guess I will keep on with what I am currently doing until I can get it either online or find it in a store.

:dust:

Have you checked Wal-Mart? That's where I got mine from. They were in the vitamin/herbs section. =) Also, GNC or somewhere like that should have them, online and in store.

I haven't started soy yet, but am planning on taking 120 mg CD 3-7 or 5-9 if my current cycle ever comes to an end. Going to the doctor September 1, so I guess I'll come back and let you know sometime in September/early October how soy worked for me. =)

Hey ladies im also on soy...i've been followin this thread for quite a while now so i've decided to finally post since i started soy 2 days ago. Im doing 100 mg CD 3-7 and im also tempting for the first time this month to see if i actually ovulate. I take them at night and have gotten no side effects at all...I hope this works for all of us!

Hey guys,
I've been TTC since March, but have only had one AF (in March), and therefore don't think I'm OV at all since. So, after doing some research I've decided to try Soy Isoflavones to see whether it will help. Don't know what day of my cycle I'm on obviously (probably about day 109!!!), so I'm going to take them from today for 5 days and see what happens. It's from Holland and Barrett and says it's 750mg, but it only has 23g Isoflavones, so I might take one in the morning, and one at night. (It does say take 2-3 times daily, so I hope that's ok!!) Hoping for my BFP, and no side-effects!!
Good to find other people trying it too. Don't feel so crazy for getting it now! :)
I'll keep you posted.

hi danni they are the ones ive been taking i took 5 a day so total of 115mg each day fx they work

Oh, how did you take them? Spaced out through the day, or all at once?
xx

i took 5 at night havent had any side effects

Hmm.. Well I was going to try it. However, I cannot find it anywhere. I have looked practically everywhere I can think of. I guess I will keep on with what I am currently doing until I can get it either online or find it in a store.

Hey hun, I got mine from Amazon!!! Infact I have found Amazon to be a little gold mine for ttc goods, often coming in much cheaper than shops and other sites - Clear blue digi opks were about £5 cheaper than in boots. and to think I thought they just sold books and DVD's!!! :hugs:

Thanks I will have to check there. :dohh:

Have you checked Wal-Mart? That's where I got mine from. They were in the vitamin/herbs section. =) Also, GNC or somewhere like that should have them, online and in store.

I haven't started soy yet, but am planning on taking 120 mg CD 3-7 or 5-9 if my current cycle ever comes to an end. Going to the doctor September 1, so I guess I'll come back and let you know sometime in September/early October how soy worked for me. =)

Yea I checked Wal-mart because I heard that was a good place to start. They didn't have any and I have checked a few other stores. I haven't been to GNC yet, but I have to go there soon to get something else so I will check.. If not I guess I will just try Amazon.

Thansk. :thumbup:

Yea I checked Wal-mart because I heard that was a good place to start. They didn't have any and I have checked a few other stores. I haven't been to GNC yet, but I have to go there soon to get something else so I will check.. If not I guess I will just try Amazon.

Thansk. :thumbup:
For most stores, you do not necessarily have to physically go into the store to see if they have a certain product. You can check the store's website online first. For example, I may go to Wal-mart or Walgreens or some other drug store's website and then type the keyword "Soy Isoflavones".

I see that Walgreens has it, but they do not sell it in stores. They only sell it online.

Walmart sells it in stores and online. Also, if they sell it in stores, you can type in your zip code in the box next to the words "Find in Store" to see if they sell it in a store close to you.

If you search for it at the store's website first, then that gives you more options and saves you the trip of physically going from one store to the next searching for a product.

I've seen soya isoflavones around, are these the same thing?

Whoo hoo!!

My first cycle taking soy and I got a high on my CBFM today (CD11). Very exciting as don't normally OV till CDs 19-23! Fingers crossed I will OV in the next few days. Shame my OH is out of the country this month!!

Just hoping now it will increase my LP and stop the spotting . . .

(sorry for the bad pun!)

X

hi im taking soy for the first time this month, not sure about me ov usually because last month was first time in years and i had drilling for that, i was clomid resistant before the drilling on a high dose so im just going for it this month of 200mg of soy days 5-9, im guessing this equals 100mg of clomid?
i got mine from tesco, fx for everyone using it.
i was using agnus castus last month and have been told not to use it with soy so have stopped after 2 days, hope this wont affect it :wacko:

EmmyReece, I'm taking Soya Isoflavones, and I'm certain they're the same thing.
xshell79 Thankyou! I've been spacing them out throughout the day, and I'm not sure that's the right thing to do. I think I'll take your advice and just take them all at night. DHs a little worried about the size of the dose, but according to all me research, it's what you're meant to do for this purpose. Thankyou!!
The only side effects I've noticed are grouchiness and a bit of nausea. Also had a few aches and pains in my stomach, nothing serious, but I'm hoping that's them working their magic!! It's my last dose tomorrow so I should know if they've helped in about a week or so i suppose. FXd!!
How's everyone else doing?

CD11 and nothing yet, fertility monitor still showing low which is usual. Took 80mg of SI from CD2 - CD5 and 120 mg on CD 6. Normally OV around CD17.

Eeeek! Took my last dose yesterday, so hoping to see something happening next weekend! So exciting! I've decided to invest in a BBT thermometer and some OPKs, so waiting for them to arrive too. (I hope this PMA lasts...)
How's everyone else doing?
xxx

CD14 and trust me to get what seems like a dodgy stick on my CBFM on CD13 :dohh:

I let the monitor eat the dodgy stick (labelled CD13) and then did another 1 (labelled CD13 2) which looks very much like a peak to me but the monitor still thinks I'm only high.

So I've either brought OV forward by 5 days or so or I haven't OVd and monitor probably won't pick up a peak as on todays stick the LH looks to be decreasing.

I'm not organised enough to temp so time will tell. The countdown has begun. I have been getting quite strong OV twinges the last few days though, don't normally notice them.

Attachments

• opks.jpg
    opks.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 27
I'm afraid I'm pretty new to all this temp-ing and OPK-ing, but I got my supply of OPKs and a BBT Thermometer today, so hopefully I'll know what's going on soon! :shrug:
Though I've tried OPKs before, I didn't get any result at all. Today (CD 8-10, after taking the soya last week) I got a faint positive!!! woohoo!!!:happydance:
truly_blessed, hopefully the Ov twinges are a good sign? FXd!

I finally found them today!! WOO..

So.. I have a question. I am mid cycle. I believe around day 45ish.. My cycles can run super long.. like up to nine months. Would it be okay to start mid-cycle or would it really be better to wait until CD #1?

Well girls im so happy today got my smilely face on cbd and peak on cbfm :happydance: soy has defo worked for me in bringing ov forward. normally ov on cd22 to cd24 and im only on cd18.just so happy as i would have probably missed ov if i hadnt taken soy as oh is away friday. just hope we do enough bd'ing before he goes.

So.. I have a question. I am mid cycle. I believe around day 45ish.. My cycles can run super long.. like up to nine months. Would it be okay to start mid-cycle or would it really be better to wait until CD #1?

I believe, from what I've read, but I'm no expert by any means. You should wait until the very beginning of your cycle as taking them any other time can stop ovulation all together.

I think they are recommended as a daily supplement for menopause.

As I said I'm no expert but it's just what I think I read somewhere. xx

I think my OV was CD13 this time as my Ov sticks look to be back to a single line again, same as CD12. If that's the case OV was brought forward by about 3-4 days from the last few cycles. I would have thought that should been my cycle will be around 27-28 days this time instead of the 31-32 days it has been lately.

Will keep you updated but probably be quiet from me for a while now unless I get another peak and Cd13 wasn't the day.

Hey Krissie, I've not had AF since March/April, so I decided to just start the Soy mid-cycle. I'm not sure whether it can have a negative effect, so I wouldn't like to suggest you do the same, but I'll keep you up to date on how it's affecting me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->